Top Speed

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by ryan8624, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Re: Re:

Only because it has been given karma, therefore stays at the top of the list.

2. Re: Top Speed

I really hope bugatti proves me wrong but i am starting to think that this car is just too much. i mean really a quad turbo w16? that sounds like just too much engine to me.How complicated the whole engine setup is, is just mind bogoling. just think about how huge the engine bay is to hold that huge w 16 4 turbos all the intake stuff from the turbos all the different hoses and crap the battery alternator rad and headers. its just crazy!. props to whoever got it to work and the nutcase that went 250mph in it.

3. Re: Top Speed

It's actually a very compact engine, the car it'self is no bigger than a BMW 3 series, as for the 4 turbo' I've said it before and I'm getting tired of repeating myslf, they are very smal turbo's, the venefit over having 2 larger turbo's is less or no lag at all.

4. Re: Top Speed

The car itself doesnt have a top speed because it has not benn tested yet in top speed, 0-60 or any other category. The only Proof to be out of the times of this car were when Buggati themselves ESTIMATED the times. Therefore since nothing has ben proven because the car hasnt even been produced yet and is still in the prototype phase it should not be on the top speed list whasoever.

5. Re: Top Speed

It's not in prototype phase, thats the very start, that can even be before the first concept is seen. It's in it's final testing phase, it has been tested a couple of times even ni the public eye. No it doesn't have an official top speed yet but please stop posing the same thing on every forum, it's classed as spam.

6. Re: Top Speed

Actually it is still in the prototype phase because the 16/4 has alot of problems which have yet to be worked out.

Phase 1 = Concept = Design of vehicle.

Phase 2 = Prototype = Working version of said vehicle prototype phase lasts until all the problems are worked out with the vehicle and it is decided to produce the vehicle.

Phase 3 = Production = Production of said vehicle, only happens after all problems are worked out.

The 16/4 veyron which has yet to be tested in any speed aspect (ie top speed, 0-60) because the car has alot of problems which need to be worked out. Obviously Live4Speed you know nothing about what it takes to design a vehicle and make it into a actual production car.

7. Re: Top Speed

The car doesn't have alot of problems, it's been given the final go ahead. There isn't much testing left, and if thats what you call prototype phase thenn yes, but to me there are more than 3 stages, what I would call the cars currnet stage is the final testing, because thats what it is doing now. As for my knowledge of car production, I've never worked in car production or anything like that so yes there may well be a few mistakes in what I say about that. But there are no problems with the car remaining.

8. Re: Top Speed

I suggest you get your info on the 16/4 veyro from someone else as you obviously do not know alot about it. The 16/4 is still in the prototype phase because their is still problems with the car itself which have yet to be worked out.

"The car doesn't have alot of problems, it's been given the final go ahead. There isn't much testing left, and if thats what you call prototype phase thenn yes, but to me there are more than 3 stages, what I would call the cars currnet stage is the final testing, because thats what it is doing now."

Funny how you contradict yourself by saying "The car doesn't have alot of problems," and then "There isn't much testing left," hmm now why would there not be much testing left if there is no problems with the 16/4 as you say? Becuase their is still problems with the vehicle which you do not know anyhitng about.

Also the fact that you wrote this "I've never worked in car production or anything like that so yes there may well be a few mistakes in what I say about that" leads me to beleive that you do not know very much about how a car goes ito production.

Here's some advice before you try and debate with me on a subject of which i know more then you why dont you actually go and read about that subject?

9. Re: Top Speed

If you make a production car, and you get everything right first time, you still need to test it, it still has to go through a set of tests that can take months to do, there is no contradiction in that. You obviousely don't know anything about car production not knowing that, thats a basic thing to know. I know quite alot about car production and I have read up on it, but not everything, and judging from you comments I know more than you.

10. Re: Top Speed

the top speed i am not sure about but i do kno that a test of the 0-60 was 2.9 seconds

11. Re: Top Speed

"the top speed i am not sure about but i do kno that a test of the 0-60 was 2.9 seconds"

Wrong there is no top speed and their is no 0-60 time. Unless someone broke into the Buggatti warehouse where the 16/4 is kept, stole it, and paid alot of $$ to rent a track there is no physical proof of any times for the 16/4 and there will not be until bugatti produces the vehicle and tests it themselves.

Last time i checked buggatti themselves stated on the speed channel that the top speed and 0-60 times of the 167/4 were only an ESTIMATION. Therefore no such times exist. Drast before u post stupid crap like your above comment heres a damn good idea - why dont u get some facts to back up your opinions instead of sounding like a complete moron because the bigatti has not been tested in top speed, 0-60 or any other category and wont until all the problems on the vehicle are worked out.

12. Re: Top Speed

"If you make a production car, and you get everything right first time, you still need to test it, it still has to go through a set of tests that can take months to do, there is no contradiction in that. You obviousely don't know anything about car production not knowing that, thats a basic thing to know. I know quite alot about car production and I have read up on it, but not everything, and judging from you comments I know more than you."

Actually i do know alot more then you do about car production, i have worked on many custom cars and i have also aided in the ideas of many concept cars things which u Live4Speed know nothing about.

There was a program on the Speed channel yesterday afternoon here And they were speaking of how to make the new Cobra mustang, and guess what Live4Speed? When they started talking about producting it they actually said there was 3 stages. 1. Design (Concept) 2. Prototype 3. Production.

What really gets me Live4Speed is the fact that the head designer for the new Cobra himself stated there are only 3 stages for a vehicle to go through to production.

Another thing Live4Speed which leads me to beleive u know nothing and are full of crap is the fact that i asked you to provide proof of the stages in producing a vehicle which u have yet to do. I could go on and on about how much of a un intelligent fool you are making yourself out to be Live4Speed but i will not because debating a subject with you which you know nothing about is quite boring.

13. Re: Top Speed

Your full of yourself, didn't you read what I said, the stages you have are diffwerent to what they are called here. Also the Veyron has been tested at speed, I don't think there was a 0-60 though, but it hit 238Mph before VW took it back in, that is faster than the McLaren F1's record and if the Veyron was in full production now that would've gone down as a new record. I couldn't give a shit anymore what you say, you've talked bull enough. You'll probably twist something I've said or you've said again now.

14. Re: Top Speed

i dont have enough posts yet so im putting this here:

what kind of mileage does this thing get? it must be like 0.000000000...00001 mpg cuz the engine isnt working hard at all.

15. Re: Top Speed

It'll be low, but if the engine isn't working hard you get better mpg than if it is working hard, also this engine is working hard, it's ONLY making 987Bhp. It may have a large capcity and quad turbo's but if you've read up on the car or seen the vidio's about it's engine you'll know how advanced it is.

16. Re: Top Speed

its really that the harder the engine works the better mileage it gets.

17. Re: Top Speed

they have 4 turbos becuas of the W16 engine, one for every cyilnder bank and header.

18. Re: Top Speed

What I said was taken from a video on the Bugatti web site, it said they are using 4 smaller turbo's instead of 2 larger ones to reduce or eliminate turbo lag, it might of mentioned the cylinde banks but I can't remeber it all.

19. Re: Top Speed

Im not saying that 250 mph is not impressive. However i am saying why would you ever need to go 250. Also i dont know if you guys know this but the car is normally limited to 186. In Evo magazine they had a pretty good article on this, and they said that if you want to go for the 250 limit you had to call Bugatti first. They would then sent a technician out and they would change the tires and remove the limiter. It all kinda seems a little pointless to me.

20. Re: Top Speed

Thats the plan, the new tyres are the same as what you get on the car when you buy it but in new condition, also the speed is set to be limited. The whole point of this is for people to try for a top speed run, if they even get close than they've set a new production raod car record, thats why, get your name in the news and VW Audi get extra publicity, it works for both parties (unless the driver crashes,then he's probably dead lol).

21. Re: Top Speed

The engine has 4 banks of cylinders, but only 2 cylinder heads. It's like VW's VR6 -- it's a narrow-angle V6 (15 degrees between banks) with one cylinder head to top all 6 cylinders. So, all the intake ports are on one side of the head and all the exhaust ports are on the other side. The Veyron's cylinder heads do the same thing (cover two banks of cylinders).

22. Re: Top Speed

"Your full of yourself, didn't you read what I said, the stages you have are diffwerent to what they are called here. Also the Veyron has been tested at speed, I don't think there was a 0-60 though, but it hit 238Mph before VW took it back in, that is faster than the McLaren F1's record and if the Veyron was in full production now that would've gone down as a new record. I couldn't give a shit anymore what you say, you've talked bull enough. You'll probably twist something I've said or you've said again now."

Contrary to what you seem to think there is no officially recorded top speed for the 16/4 and there is not a 0-60 time for the 16/4 Veyron, therefore I for one would love to see where you got this imaginable top speed of 238 mph. Last time I heard Bugatti themselves ESTIMATED 3 top speeds for the 16/4 so far the last one being 238mph. An estimation is something which has no evidence or truth behind it basically it is a guess, which is all Bugatti can do at this point is guess the top speed for the 16/4.

Oh and by the way seeing as how the Daeur is considered the fastest street legal production car in the world, it has the fastest top speed and 0-60 time for a street legal production car. Therefore the 16/4 is not the fastest street legal production car in the world, because it has not been tested in 0-60 or top speed, furthermore the 16/4 isnt even a production car. The Mclaren F1 never hit its 241 mph mark i suggest you find the official top speed times Live4Speed.

23. Re: Top Speed

It was tested not long ago, it hit 238Mph, Bugatti are still aiming for 252Mph top speed. The test did not result in an estimate, it resulted in the equipment reading 238Mph top speed.

24. Re: Top Speed

Cars like Enzo, Koenigsegg CC can take this on by far. Forget about McLaren F1!!!

25. Re: Top Speed

It looks bodjey too! Looks like something from StarWars.