Underacheiving.

Discussion in '2005 Ford GT' started by djinguelian, Jan 5, 2006.

1. it true that the engine makes around 620 bhp if not a bit more...
    but comparing it to the ferrari or the other european compition its a bargain.....besides it beats most of them in a straight line....and it aint that bad in the corners either....beat the ferrari challenge stradale(which is faster than the f430) around a track...
    its not underachieving....its underrated
    and supercars come down to personal preference.

2. 620 hp? Impressive.

3. Ok, this topic is rediculous. But if you want an objective fact about hp/liter, here you go. More hp/liter means cylinder volume can be smaller. If the sleeves are small enough to allow the cooling jacket to surround each cylinder, you have better cooling in general. I think that the GT's 90mm bore is just a little too big to allow this, but I could be wrong.

4. Good Car but with one major flaw its to heavy take about 700lbs off it and it would destory anything in its path oo and give it some more boost taking the hp to about 750hp with 700tq if this was a possiblity with thi car it would be amazing. THough the body lines are bold and it is a sexy machine!

5. Good Car but with one major flaw its to heavy take about 700lbs off it and it would destory anything in its path oo and give it some more boost taking the hp to about 750hp with 700tq if this was a possiblity with thi car it would be amazing. THough the body lines are bold and it is a sexy machine!

6. Good Car but with one major flaw its to heavy take about 700lbs off it and it would destory anything in its path oo and give it some more boost taking the hp to about 750hp with 700tq if this was a possiblity with thi car it would be amazing. THough the body lines are bold and it is a sexy machine!

7. i believe that honda is the bigest company in the world followed by toyota in the second place. just for info. thankyou

8. The biggest company in the world is Wal-Mart i think, NOT honda.

But if you're referring to car manufacturers then Honda isnt even in the top 3. GM is 1, Toyota is 2, and (sadly) Ford is only in 3rd.

9. Yeah, that'd be great...

...except it would never sell.

Part of the purpose of the GT is to be the "blue-collar" supercar. That means it DEFINATELY has to be affordable. Doing what you said would require much more R&D and would cost much more to manufacture, and then it wouldn't really be a Ford, it'd be a Ferrari with a blue oval on it.

Basically, Ford wanted to stick with its tradition of offering bang-for-the-buck as much as possible (i.e. 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra). If they're trying to sell a half-million dollar sports car then thats exactly the opposite of what they want to be doing.

10. 0-60 is wrong.its actually 3.3 seconds

11. yea well u could buy a ford gt, install light-weight body panels, somethin like carbon fibre or kevlar.......as for crankin up the engine, well if u could find more powerful aspiration then its already got, itd perform as good as i dunno, an enzo? well, maybe not, but itd be in its league and still cost much less, though a hell lot more than stock

12. According to Saleen and Roush this cars engine was designed to have 750 horse power but they had to make it less powerful. You can get it back to the power that it is supposed to be if you take it back to Ford theyll tune it up for you so that its the way its supposed to be.