wait a minute

Discussion in '2001 Ford Thunderbird Concept' started by 300ZXmaniak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Sure, I think ford is trying to redeem themselves by trying to bring the model back ( or it never really went away), In a certain view it looks kind of like the older versions combined together, If i had the money i probably wouldn't buy a new one i would be an older one (which everyone wants) instead of the new ones

2. Re: wait a minute

I'm still trying to figure out why they put a 3.8l engine in it.

3. Re: wait a minute

Actually that would be the 3.9 Liter engine, and what are you so confused about?

4. Re: wait a minute

Ford made the mistake when they stopped making the old t-bird that was probably one of the best production cars ford made i mean they have a 3.8 witha superchager on the sc of course that would out run the camaros wit no problem they would have been a lot better if ford would have given them a set of gears that were descent and not restricted it so much i mean u should see the exhaust on one its so messed up it aint even funny but they still rum like crazy and they can get rubber through second into third a little with 272 gears thats goog power thats all i can say

5. Re: wait a minute

but what's wrong with this car?
    because the idea behind it is quite right.

The car is a modern rendition of past T-bird
    and you know, they didn't keep producing the old one because there was no marke for luxury coupes back then.

But this car has few competitors of its kind and heritage.
    the car is intended to be a luxo cruiser, not a performance rubber-burner sports car, thats why they didn't put a larger engine under the hood.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: wait a minute

well i'm not t-bird fan but well itz nice but u'll never see one in my garage is all<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: wait a minute

The cars nice and all but i still prefer the T-Bird of the 90's. Those were some amazing cars, especially with the supercharger. I'm not very keen on american cars but the T-Bird's of the 90's were illmatic. Besides the fact that my dad owned one, I liked how the car ran smooth, but still had punch. I liked its awesome stock stereo (which my father changed eventually). I loved its electronic suspension with the auto ride function. I loved the fog lamps and everthing. That car had everything a driver could ask for. The only problem was snow and expensive parts. My father loved that car so much that he brought it to the islands with him (instead of leaving it with me, bastard!). Good car still.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: wait a minute

This Car Is Ass Ugly

9. Re: wait a minute

I saw one of these the other day on the road, they look a hell of a lot better in reality than they do in the photos

The often Imitated never Duplicated Sinister

10. Re: wait a minute

This is one of the sweetest rides lately produced

Well done FORD!

11. Re: wait a minute

Yes, these do look better in person. IMHO, the engine leaves something to be desired. They could have gotten the same power out of a V6 if they tried, but then again its characteristic Ford, an engine so big and so untapped... <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: wait a minute

barf

13. Re: wait a minute

These look actually great in real life. They look very powerful and elegant at the same time. I want more power though. I hate it when they put a v8 and dont use it to its fullest extent. My bro has 94 Tbird v8 which i think had originally 219 HP not sure though. its nice i drive it and love it. But i want a new tbird badly. All i want is some bragging rights of burning a mustang and a camaro with this Bird.

Also i dont understand the roof. If its a convertible how come they did not make the roof the same as in the lexus cs 430? I mean that would be a nice convertible. Can one person take off the 80 pound roof off the Bird, without scratching it on the concrete? Just wondering!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: wait a minute

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Janox</i>
    <b>The cars nice and all but i still prefer the T-Bird of the 90's. Those were some amazing cars, especially with the supercharger. I'm not very keen on american cars but the T-Bird's of the 90's were illmatic. Besides the fact that my dad owned one, I liked how the car ran smooth, but still had punch. I liked its awesome stock stereo (which my father changed eventually). I loved its electronic suspension with the auto ride function. I loved the fog lamps and everthing. That car had everything a driver could ask for. The only problem was snow and expensive parts. My father loved that car so much that he brought it to the islands with him (instead of leaving it with me, bastard!). Good car still.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->OK I think you really need some help buddy. 90's t-birds good cars?! those were nothing more then 2 door Tauruses! Ford Sucks. I cant think of any island that would allow that shit to get shipped to them. I would ban ford all together! With all thier problems shitty-ass styling and they just suck!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: wait a minute

Well it seems that it isn't a concept car anymore.

16. Re: wait a minute