what exactly is Pininfarina?

Discussion in '1996 Ferrari F50 Bolide' started by Buhandi, Aug 9, 2002.

1. is it some kind of automotive consulting firm?

2. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

It's a company doing car designs for a lot of major manifacturers like Ferrari.

3. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

ok, thanks

4. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

they also actually design cars for other companies...for instance the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon is designed by Pininfarina...and looks damn good, I think

5. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

The question isn't "what exactly is Pininfarina" the question is:Who is Pininfarina?I DON'T KNOW THE GUYS FIRST NAME OR IF HE'S STILL ALIVE BUT HIS COMPANY NOW DESIGNS BODYS TO GO ALONG WITH CHASSIS AND ENGINES FROM DOZENS OF MANUFACTURERS.Makers such as Ferrari,Alfa Romeo,Hyundai,and Italdesign all work with Pininfarina to produce amazing machines in cases such as the 360 Modenas body and special editions of the Maranello.My uncle in Switzerland owns a Pininfarina designe and tuned ALFA ROMEO 155.Straight Six TURBO running 310HP.AWSOME car,I drove it last year over the summer when I went to Europe.I'm European so I still got alot of family down there.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

Designers who create concept cars as well. Next time you're beside a ferrari, you'll notice the mark on the side of the car. They designed it

7. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

ahahahhahahahahahahahahaha, "what exactly is Pininfarina?"

8. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

They're badass, is what they are!

9. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

What is Pininfarina?
    the best Auto designers in the world
    Who is "Pinin" Farina?
    The best thinker in the design world
    What Wold happen without Pininfarina?
    Let's just say you could kiss the shapes of the Ferraris F50, 550, 360, F355, and F60 Goodbye.

10. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

okey-dokey.
    Pininfarina, was, Pinin Farina. These two guys were stylists. the later changed the name to pininfarina, and the current head honcho is Sergio Pininfarina. they are an indipendant firm, and have done jobs for Ford, Peugeot, Ferrari and Pagani among others.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

It wasn't Pinin AND Farina. In fact, chief designer and boss of the company now is Sergio Pininfarina, but he was born as Sergio Farina. Pinin was his nickname, and it means "little" in Italian.
    Oh yeah, he designed the first Ferrari (I think), and did the designs of about 90% of ferraris, ever. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
    He also did numerous other designs, a lot of Peugeots and stuff...

12. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

They do a hella good job designing cars. Do you know any ferrais that weren't made by him/them?<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dj_snaz037</i>
    <b>okey-dokey.
    Pininfarina, was, Pinin Farina. These two guys were stylists. the later changed the name to pininfarina, and the current head honcho is Sergio Pininfarina. they are an indipendant firm, and have done jobs for Ford, Peugeot, Ferrari and Pagani among others.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    dj_snaz037, you are full of it. The original founder of this incredible design house was a guy named Batista Pininfarina, not two guys as you claim. Where did you hear that?

14. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

Yeah... who would have thought that the Tiburon was designed by Pininfarina. Great design, great company.

15. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

First of all: Pininfarina ISN`T A GUY`S NAME. It`s his nick name. He gave to his design firm the nick name his friends used to call him. And that`s because, when he was alive (yes, he is already dead and now it`s his son that runs the firm), he was quite short and so his friends called him "Litle Farina", in italian, Pinin Farina (Pinin = Litle). By the way, his real name was Sergio Farina.
    And in second, a Ferrari isn`t that litle girl mom and dad bring home and Lamborghini isn`t that blablablabla... The new Ferrari Enzo and the magnificent Ferrari F50 GT would kick every Lamborghini ass in this entire planet!!!!

FERRARI RULES!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

I think Bertone made better designs in 80's<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: what exactly is Pininfarina?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 4 the man</i>
    <b>They do a hella good job designing cars. Do you know any ferrais that weren't made by him/them?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

There are some Ferraris designed by Gandini and others by Bertone, too.

One of the MOST FAMOUS Ferraris, the 1st Dino (Dino is a nickname for Alfredino, one of Enzo Ferrari sons) was designed by Bertone.

But, TODAY, almost all Ferraris are designed by Pininfarina because they're all part of the same group, FIAT. So it's cheaper (and better for the company) to build a Ferrari using a pininfarina design than build one using a Bertone or Gandini design.