When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Bel Air Concept' started by oliap, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

ok it takes longer than a year to design a vehicle. It takes about 3-6 years to design an engine. You should use your brain before you start claiming stuff that you don't even understand.

2. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

You can just shut the #$%# up you really don't know what the hell you are even talking about. Listen here mutha Fucker I dosen't even matter what the hell you look like when you are burning the shit out of a Ford piece of shit. Chevy takes ford little nuts.
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Uh, excuse me. How do you get off saying Chevy is copying Ford? It's called a concept vehicle idiot. You don't know how long either of the two cas have been in research and development. And it doesn't matter anyway. Just because two old cars are being re-desiged desnt mean one company is copying off the other. I think you need to get a life and stop playing favorites.

4. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Why get upset about this car? It's a concept geared toward collectors and enthusiasts, not a Sports car. I doubt it will even be released.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Well I know for a fact that the T-Bird started its redesign in 1998, the year after they cut off its production. Whether or not that came before this I dont know.

Yes, I agree that these are just two cars that have been redesigned, but I do find it convenient for chevy to make a car that looks a hell of a lot like the T-Bird, especially when the original bel air model looks absolutely nothing like this thing. At least the original t-bird resembles the new one.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

all im sayin is yo, that chevy pretty much looks liek a t-bird, so to chevy, #$%#that shit, redesign the shity looking camaro liek in the first place, dont worry about making a luxury sport car liek the t-bird, cuz for will outsell u liek always.

7. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Of course the car looks simular-it's aimed at the same market segament! And if I don't mind saying so it's much better engeneered and executed than the Ford. I'm a Ford fan too-I drive a Mustdang-but sometimes you just have to admit you're beat and give Chevy a hand. This car is better looking with a engine that is smaller yet more powerfull and will most likely get better gas milage. Ford should be ashamed at itself for building a car with such a powerless engine design and expecting competitors not to follow suit with simular, more powerfull cars. Of course they can get away with it cause of dumb-asses like you who don't realise what a differance 55hp makes.

8. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

my opinion is that ?GM does seem to follow the leaders, except for a few like the cien which was their own idea. And the aztek which was a poor attempt to design something new. But hey! thats my opinion so lay off.

9. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Ford's not worth copying<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

i think that some of you should just settle down with this chevy. yeah it looks vintage like the ford t-bird does now. but hey are you going to say that ford coppied the Chrysler PT Cruser. no i thought not so what i say is all of you little girls get your panties out a twist and just say all of the american made cars are starting going vintage. who cares about who coppied who. so just settle the #$%# down.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Another granny convertable? HA~! what granny mobile cranks out over 300 ponies? esspecially being NOT a V8 to boot? This car is a compeditor, generally, vehicles in the same catagory, share the same charactoristics. amazing huh? sorta like a pickup truck has a box and hauls shit around. well, roadsters tend to have some similar attributes too. neato huh? It is just a concept car too, but the trend is showing that roadsters sell, ie: Chrystler's PT and prowler. IF you say it looks like a Thunderchicken, sure, thats like the pot calling the kettle black. The little ford would get smoked in a race, so who cares anyway. <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Everyone knows that there is a fat chance that Chevy will make it, concept cars are just to catch the public eye. Anyway, if you think that chevy copied that ugly Ford "Forty-Nine", I really dont think so, the "Forty-Nine" is gut-less (3.9 liter V-8).<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Hey Corollaracer01 learn to love a cool car like a 2002 911 GT2. Corollas are good cars, but it's not my [email protected]#$in dream car. There better ricers than your Corolla %#&hole.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Hey, Corollaracer01,

CHEVY HAS NEVER COPIED ANY OF FORD'S SHITTLY LITTLE CRAP WAGONS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE **** YUOR PROBLEM IS.
    JUST IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW FORD IS COPYING THIS CAR CUZ THE DESIGNS FOR THE BEL AIR CONCEPT CAME OUT BEFORE THE T BIRD U STUPID FOOL.

OH YEAH, I FORGOT,

YOU'RE TOO INTERESTED IN THOSE SHITTLY LITTLE JAP CARS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AMERICAN SUPERCARS.

One more word of advice.....

COROLLAS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

If car companies stuck to Corollaracers01's theory of "not copying", we wouldn't have cars like the camaro (designed to compete with the mustang), the t-bird (designed to compete with the vette) etc. My point is...i dont know whether or not chevy "copied" ford with this car, but the fact is it doesn't matter whether they did or didn't...they are just trying to portray their image of a better car. Its obviously designed to compete with the T-bird (or the t-bird was designed to compete with this) but, it is still incredibly unique in many ways...(the inline-5 for example)!!!

my opinion on the styling of this car is as follows: It looks ok, but i think they need to keep some of the original trademark attributes of the 55-57 chevy. That will make it stand out.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

You guys, I dont care what companies better or worse or who has copied who more. Though chevys s-10 pick up did look very similar to an f-150 shortbed a few years back. And the camaros were created AFTER....ok nevermind. Simple point...these cars look almost the same as a t-bird. If you cant see that...well...look closer.

17. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MoparMuscle273</i>
    <b>If car companies stuck to Corollaracers01's theory of "not copying", we wouldn't have cars like the camaro (designed to compete with the mustang), the t-bird (designed to compete with the vette) etc. My point is...i dont know whether or not chevy "copied" ford with this car, but the fact is it doesn't matter whether they did or didn't...they are just trying to portray their image of a better car. Its obviously designed to compete with the T-bird (or the t-bird was designed to compete with this) but, it is still incredibly unique in many ways...(the inline-5 for example)!!!

my opinion on the styling of this car is as follows: It looks ok, but i think they need to keep some of the original trademark attributes of the 55-57 chevy. That will make it stand out.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok you're right in one aspect, but I have to tell you somthing.

THE T-BIRD IS NOT THE CORVETTE'S COMPITITION. THE VIPER WAS MADE TO COMPETE WITH THE CORVETTE. THE MUSTANG, T-BIRD, AND CAMARO ARE ALL IN THE SAME LEAGUE.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

let me tell you somethin you jap crap corolla driver..for your goddam info this vehicle was a concept before fords piece of shit the thundertird...so if anyone is copying anyone it would be the goddam shitty ford company copying chevy..just like they did the goddam avalanche, ford saw this threw together the sportcrap and beat chevy to the punch...oh no, but ford didnt realize the back wall folded down in the avalanche, chevy didnt tell em that much...but now fords got this stupid equator coming out to fully compete with the avalanche....Im sure the equator will be a big ford turd too.....

19. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Chevy's shitest cars like the Beretta, even beat ford's new t-bird, in looks! Ford sucks ass, they will never be good again, their just money hungry #%$s! I think you shuold realize that the true American automobile is the Chevy!!!

Piss on Ford!!!!!!!!!1

ElCam71

20. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

CHEVY HAS NEVER COPIED FORD! THE DAY THAT CHEVY COPIES FORD WILL BE THE DAY THAT I'M IN A COLD COLD GRAVE. if anything, ford has been copying chevy, because CHEVY RULES THEIR ASSES.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Everything about this car is cool. From the engine to the gas tank where you lift up the tail light. This is Chevy design through and through. Never was a ford fan and never will be. Chevy all the way, oh and yes concepts do get produced, its not just hype, for ex. Avalanche, although i would prefer the Borrego.

22. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

ford used to know how to make cars back before the 70s. But somewhere along the line they lost their way. And from Fords shitty smelling ashes arose a new and better company, that would forever kick the shit out of any ford. That companys name was CHEVROLET and I am proud to drive one of these great cars. Chevy has never, is not, and will never copy Ford.

23. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

Do any of you guys know the Lord? We will all answer to God someday, and those of us who ignore Him will spend an eternity without Him in a lake of fire, a place of suffering.

24. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

can you people please stop swarring!!!!!!!

25. Re: When the F*ck will Chevy stop copying Ford?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SkyLine1</i>
    <b>i think that some of you should just settle down with this chevy. yeah it looks vintage like the ford t-bird does now. but hey are you going to say that ford coppied the Chrysler PT Cruser. no i thought not so what i say is all of you little girls get your panties out a twist and just say all of the american made cars are starting going vintage. who cares about who coppied who. so just settle the #$%# down.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What do you mean copied the PT cruiser. For one thing the PT cruiser wasn't modled after any other car made by chrystler and for another thing, isn't anywhere near as good as the new t-bird. The PT didn't even come with a V8. They are all V6's.