Who's ever heard of this company?

Discussion in '1996 Bertone Slalom Concept' started by 70SuperBee, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

Bertone is a huge company, dating back to 1912, when Giovanni Bertone
    founded a "carrozzeria" in Turin. His great sucsess started around the
    1950's when certain projects spawned off such names as Alfa, Fiat,
    Volvo, and others. It also created body styles for Jaguar, Aston-martin, and Maserati, and putting those body's on the chassis of the
    cars. Bertone even created the 1967 Lamborghini Marzal concept -
    Which spawned the awesome ESPADA!! I think Bertone is a terrific company... anyone else agree?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FeLiX93</i>
    <b>Bertone is a huge company, dating back to 1912, when Giovanni Bertone
    Volvo, and others. It also created body styles for Jaguar, Aston-martin, and Maserati, and putting those body's on the chassis of the
    Which spawned the awesome ESPADA!! I think Bertone is a terrific company... anyone else agree?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    it sure is. and it designed the COUNTACH!!!!!!!!!

4. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Xanavi</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FeLiX93</i>
    <b>Bertone is a huge company, dating back to 1912, when Giovanni Bertone
    Which spawned the awesome ESPADA!! I think Bertone is a terrific company... anyone else agree?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    it sure is. and it designed the COUNTACH!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yup. Thanks Bertone. hail bertone!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

Its very sweet, a design company like Pininfarina. Not quite as cool as Pininfarina, but there are some great Bertone designs out there.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

They also took over production of the infamous Fiat x1/9 after quality control issues forced Fiat to give up on it. The car still sucked as far as quality goes, but that's life.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

you #$%#ing retard

8. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

#$%# you.

9. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

I've never heard of it.

10. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

I just about fell out of my chair when i saw that this person has never heard of Bertone. What a great company. They have many some wierd cars, but they have also made some outstanding, stylish automobiles. They are worth looking into.

11. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

Actually.. Bertone designed and built the X 1/9 from the very beginning. Their name is on the small vent behind the windows. It was not so much quality control that killed the X.. but Fiat pulled out of the US altogether. Pininfarinia took over all production of the 124 spider and Bertone kept the X alive.

It was all over in 85.5 for the spider and the X kept running until 1988.

12. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

dont be mad at this guy, hes an american that loves muscle cars. im american (i dont like muscle cars too much) but until i had been on this website i had never heard of bertone.

13. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

didn't bertone lso have that truck/car thing that was kinda like an el camino? i think it was bertone, or something like it. but whatever, this is a great company, with a very rich history

14. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

if you've never heard of Bertone, you're not a great car fan... that, together with Ital Design and Pininfarina is one of the best italian designer companies.

did you know this car's colour was inspirated by the founder's (Nuccio Bertone (Sp?)) favourite champagne? the guy had real talent in styling. a pity that he died in 1997

15. Re: Who's ever heard of this company?

bertone can do no wrong in my eyes. it would be pointless to list everything they have been responsible for.

16. never....heard....of....Bertone?!?!?!.....what is this world coming too?