Wipee!

Discussion in '1934 Auto Union Typ A' started by IMPREZA 1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Wipee!

just doesn't look right IMO<!-- Signature -->

2. Wow, this looks funky.; I wouldn't mind one.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Wipee!

Yes it looks funky, and fresh...
    I would definitely buy one, just put the Trailblazer's inline-6 engine on it please!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Wipee!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b>just doesn't look right IMO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    why's that?
    <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Wipee!

I think this thing looks pretty good....what's wrong with the Subaru turbo 4? It's the same engine as the WRX Impreza, and those things run 14 second quarter miles....it's a pretty good little engine.

6. Re: Wipee!

Gah another one of these designs, this is actually one of the better ones but to many of them<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Wipee!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 89FirebirdV6</i>
    <b>I think this thing looks pretty good....what's wrong with the Subaru turbo 4? It's the same engine as the WRX Impreza, and those things run 14 second quarter miles....it's a pretty good little engine.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    yeah well, but you need more torque than hp in a SUV/truck or whatever... that's why I'd choose the I6 over the Subaru's engine<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Wipee!

While I agree that an I6 would definitley perform better, I really hate this concept. I don't like trucks. Or SUV's. I hate them. A lot.

9. Re: Wipee!

Too many people want to compare a Nissan, or Toyota's straight 4 engine with Subaru's Opposed-4 engine. The number 4 is all that they share. Subaru's engines harness the opposing forces of the cylinders to create large amounts of torque. That's what makes a Subaru Impreza or Legacy such a torque monster, while still getting the gas mileage of a 4 cylinder car. In addition, by designing the cylinders in the bottom of the block facing eachother rather than at an angle as any other car company in the world does, except for a few EXPENSIVE models by Porsche and BMW, the weight in the engine is placed lower in the car. So when you take a corner at higher speeds, the low weight forces the inner wheels more into the road, increasing traction. All cars except the afore mentioned have the weight higher than the center, causing the outer wheels to lift from the pavement on a corner, and lose traction. I'm just to happy to see great american built cars that uses these great principals.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Wipee!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ivanhoe</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b>just doesn't look right IMO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    why's that?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the car just sits up to high<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Wipee!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ivanhoe</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE <!-- END QUOTE -->

the car just sits up to high</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uhhm... ok
    well but man... this is a crossover vehicle, not a rally car, not a truck either, but something in between, and I guess it has a high ground clearance because its intended for mild off-road use
    <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Wipee!

This thing would be awesome for a desert rally like the Baja.

13. Re: Wipee!

i would love to have this it would fit anywhere and would be great for offroading.