The Model 30 was one of Cadillac’s first long-production model which was manufactured well into WWI. When launched in December of 1908 the ‘Thirty’ was priced below the similarly equipped Model G.
It initially used a four-cylinder engine which was capable of 25.6 advertised horsepower.
The 30 was only offered with open Touring, Demi-Tonneau and 3-Seat Roadster bodies.
With an exceptionally long production life, the 30 was upgraded from year to year. In 1910 a larger engine was fitted with a 4.25 in bore and the bodystyles expanded to include a Limousine and Coupe. In 1911 the wheelbase was increased as was the engine bore. A Bosch high-tension magneto with a Delco single coil provided dual ignition. By 1912 Cadillac became known for the their closed cars including a fully enclosed limousine.
1913 was the last year of the Model 30 before being placed by the Type 51. Production figures from year to year starting in 1909 were: 5900, 8000, 10000, and 14000.