For 1929 the 341 was upgraded to the 341-B with a slight increase in power. An optional low compression engine was offered. The biggest change was the introduction of a syncro-mesh transmission which facilitated easier gear changes. Smaller details included slightly larger tires, Duplex-Mechanical brakes, double-acting Delco shock absorbers, chrome plated brightwork and electric windshield washers.
Five million dollars was put into upgrades at the factory, but the intended market growth was crushed by the Stock Market Crash.
A Series 341-B Commercial Chassis was availble with a longer wheelbase of 152 inches.
18004 of both the 341 and 341-Bs were built and in 1930 the model was replaced by the Series 353 which featured a slight increase in engine displacement.
Among the most elegant of the Cadillac’s many available body styles was the Fisher Body-built dual-cowl phaeton that gave rear passengers their own cowl and windshield, as seen on this beautiful two-tone Brown example that won the AACA’s National First Prize winner in 1982. Optional equipment includes six Buffalo wire wheels with Whitewall tires, including two chrome-encased side-mount spares; a stanchion-mounted spotlight; articulated headlights and a travel trunk.