At the 1919 Paris Auto Show, Marc Birkigt launched what would become his most prolific chassis for Hispano Suiza. With a keen eye for high craftsmanship and refined luxury, he endowed the H6 with the best available components.
Having supplied V12 engines for fighter planes during the war, Hispano Suiza was well prepared to make a remarkable inline-6 for their immediate post-war chassis. In true aircraft form, the engine was made from aluminum, with a single overhead camshaft and a crankshaft made from a single piece of billet steel. Initially 135 bhp was possible using a single Solex carburetor.
This chassis was the first to be produced outside of Spain at the new Hispano Suiza factory in France. This, many of the cars were fitted with some of the finest French bodies and interiors.