1925 Hispano Suiza H6B Cabriolet Million Guiet 11138 – sold for €572,160 Rebodied by Million Guiet in period. First ordered by Eugène Lorthiois, from an influential family in northern France that had made its fortune in the textile industry. Entered in l’Auto that took place in the Parc de Princes on 6 June 1930 and Fémina l’Intransigeant on 27 June. Part of the Roger Ballion collection from 1967 to 2015. Auction Source: The Baillon Collection at Rétromobile
This 1926 Hispano-Suiza H6B has been part of the David V. Uihlein Collection for decades. Completed with elegant touring coachwork by the venerated Hooper & Co. of London, it was first owned by a South African, and still bears a collection of African auto club badges and license plates. Always maintained with the care that typified Uihlein’s ownership, the H6B remains unrestored except for a specially fabricated exhaust system. Large, luxurious, and highly desirable, it is described as a wonderful touring machine, a smooth and predictable driver that offers speed, luxury, quality and uncompromising craftsmanship, all without equal in any of its contemporary rivals.
1924 Hispano-Suiza H6B Saoutchik Coupe de Ville 10960 – sold for $412,500 This car was restored a number of years ago and has enjoyed climate-controlled storage since. As such, its cosmetic condition has held up very nicely. The attention to detail of the Saoutchik coachwork is quite remarkable, particularly when combined with the superior engineering of its Hispano-Suiza chassis. This is, unquestionably, one of the most elegant and stately motor cars of its era. Auction Source: 2011 Monterey Auction by RM
Between 1999 and 2001 this car – still totally complete and original – underwent a 4,000-hour, ‘last nut and bolt’, body-off restoration carried out by Richard Grenon at Au Temps Tic Auto of Montreal, Canada, a company with a reputation for quality second to none and countless awards at the most prestigious concours events to its credit. The good condition of the transmission appeared to confirm only limited use during the car’s early years (and virtually none at all while in the Stevens museum) leading to the conclusion that the recorded mileage of circa 19,000 may well be correct.