1924 Samlson Grand Sport L
Emile Salmson founded his company in 1919 in Billancourt. His extremely lightweight racers were especially suited for cyclecar-racing. Family members of coach manufacturer Wenger raced their Salmson at local and international hill climbs.
This Salmson Grand Sport L was built by Carrosserie Wenger of Basle for hill climb racing, and is still used by family members for that purpose.
After the war, Salmson switched to producing passenger cars. Renault bought the assets when he went out of business in 1957.
Story by Geneva PALExpo
|submitted by||Richard Owen|
|displacement||1100 cc / 67.1 in³|
|power||14.9 kw / 20 bhp|
|specific output||18.18 bhp per litre|
|f brake size||mm / in|
|r brake size||mm / in|
|top speed||~80 kph / 49.7 mph|