With a dramatic art-deco body by Paul Jaray, the T77 or Typa 77 is an icon of Czech Republic design.
Chief designer Hans Ledwinka made the T77 a low, sleek and efficient car by positioning an air-cooled V8 at the rear under a huge clamshell hood.
Furthermore Tatra used an independently-sprung backbone chassis and many exotic alloys to keep weight at 1,700kg (3,700lbs).
In 1934, the Tatra 77A was upgraded to a 3.4-litre which produced engine which increased top speed to 150 kph.
Later T77As have the headlights pushed out to the fenders of the car with a central headlight.