After Delahaye bought Delage in 1935, the concentrated on releasing the D8 120. As a result many of the components were shared between the two firms. A highlight of the car was its new 8-cylinder engine which could produce 115 bhp at 4,000 rpm. Since the boxed-steel was quite low and the engine required a long hood, many of the various bodies fitted to the D8 120 had an elegant profile.
1938/39 Delage D8-120 Aerosport Coupe. Chassis No. 51617, Engine No. 51617. Coachwork by LeTourneur et Marchand. Fully documented history. 1 of 12 built and 1 of 8 in existence. Ordered new by French aviation pioneer Felix Amiot. Siezed during WWII by the German government and sent to occupied Denmark in 1940. After Denmark’s liberation in 1945 the car was confiscated by the newly re-established Danish government, where it was assigned a new documented title number D838120 and sold to national resistance hero Jens Lillelund. Then passed on Danish industrialist Knud Vilhelm Count Shulin who sold the car to Hans Jorgen Beier in 1956. Beier owned the car until 2013 when it was imported to Florida. 4.7L inline-8 cylinder engine. Cotal four-speed electric pre-selector gearbox. Wheelbase: 133”