This 1939 Packard 120 Darrin Convertible Victoria remains highly presentable, having undergone a restoration spanning the latter part of 2006 and early 2007. The restoration was primarily cosmetic in scope, with the Packard requiring only minor mechanical attention. Stripped to bare metal, the bodywork was thoroughly prepared, repainted, color-sanded and buffed. During the process, a section of original paint was discovered, so it was decided to repaint the Packard in its original yellow. A new tan convertible top and boot were fitted, and the burled wood dash was refinished. The burgundy leather interior continues to show quite nicely, having been installed during the prior restoration in 1999. Other features include a modern-era Lalique mascot and the original Packard radio (upgraded with solid-state internals).
Although the early history of the car is unknown, a former owner was able to trace it back to 1981, when “Tiny” Gould brokered its sale from Mr. J.J. Thompson in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to the Imperial Palace Collection in Las Vegas. The Packard would change ownership two more times before it was treated to the aforementioned complete restoration in 1999 and then acquired by the next owner. In early 2007, the car joined a highly regarded private collection, where it has remained ever since.