In 1956 Cadillac introduced the Biarritz name to distinguish their Convertible from the newly named Eldorado Seville Coupe. The design was an evolution of the 1955 Cadillac Eldorado with very minor trim changes. Like the 1955 model, the Eldorado had a completely different rear end from the standard Series 62 Cadillacs with prominent rear tail fins. In 1956 the Biarritz script was located on the front fender, just behind the wheel arch.
A total restoration to factory-specifcation was completed approximately three years ago by a professional restorer in his retirement. Both the underhood and chassis are beautifully detailed and reflect little, if any, use. The car was virtually completed prior to being purchased from the restorer’s estate, and recently, details have been attended to in order to enhance what was already a spectacular automobile. The car has been serviced, the carburetors and accelerator pump have been rebuilt, and the gas tank has been drained to insure perfect operation.
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible – sold for $286,000 This 1956 Eldorado Biarritz is one of the nicest to be found. Finished in attractive Bahama Blue with a matching interior, it is fully optioned with power steering, power brakes, power windows, power vent windows and air conditioning. It has, of course, the requisite Eldorado parade boot and Sabre Spoke wheels. Auction Source: 2011 Automobiles of Arizona by RM Auctions
The outstanding 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible offered here benefits from an authentic and exacting body-off-frame restoration. Its deep Chantilly Maroon exterior finish is perfectly complemented by gleaming brightwork, a gold-finished grille, a recently refurbished white convertible top and the factory-correct parade boot. The interior is trimmed in two-tone black and white leather upholstery with all-new carpeting, while the impressively restored dash contains a set of properly working instruments.
he current owner of this car purchased it in 2004 from the wife of the first owner, who had left it parked in the garage after her husband passed away in the late 1980s. This brilliant example is a numbers-matching car with only 64,643 miles believed to be original. The current owner gave the car a thorough restoration from the top to bottom. The engine and its surrounding areas have been extensively detailed. The block and rocker covers are finished in Cadillac Gold while other components are black. The 305 bhp V-8 is fed by two four-barrel carburetors topped by a correct ‘batwing’ air cleaner. A three-speed Hydra-Matic transmission delivers the power and a new wiring harness has been carefully installed. The undercarriage has an as-new appearance with refinished floorboards, frame and driveline components.