1967 Ferrari 412 P
The 412P was sold to private races teams as a much more manageable version of the 330 P4. The main difference was a carburetted version of the 330 engine that used two valves instead of three. The 412 also had a different chassis with a slightly shorted wheelbase.
Two examples, 0844 and 0848 were converted from P3s to 412 P specification by Ferrari. Both 0850 and 0854 were originally built by Ferrari as a 412 P. These later cars had a longer wheelbase of 2412 mm and 151 liter fuel tanks.
The car featured above is chassis 0850 that was orginally owned by Ecurie Nationale Belge and driven many times by Willy Mairesse, a Formula One and sports car driver from Belgium.
See full 1967 Ferrari 412 P Gallery here
|built at||Modena, Italy|
|valvetrain||DOHC 2 Valves per Cyl|
|displacement||3989 cc / 243.4 in³|
|power||313.2 kw / 420 bhp @ 8000 rpm|
|specific output||105.29 bhp per litre|
|body / frame||Aluminum over Semi-Monocoque Frame|
|steering||Rack & Pinion|
|f suspension||Wishbones w/Coil Springs, Anti-Roll Bar|
|r suspension||Wishbones w/Radius Ros Rods Coil Springs|
|wheelbase||2412 mm / 94.5 in|
|front track||1488 mm / 58.6 in|
|rear track||1450 mm / 57.1 in|
|length||4180 mm / 164.6 in|
|height||1000 mm / 39.4 in|
|transmission||ZF 5-Speed Manual|
|top speed||~305.8 kph / 190.0 mph|
|key drivers||Willy Mairesse|