Jaguar XK120 Drop Head Coupé
In 1953, Jaguar added a proper convertible to the XK120 range. It joined the ‘Open Two Seater’ roadster and ‘Fixed Head Coupé’ to become the third variation on the theme. Like the coupe it was very high appointed with a full wood dash and roll up windows.
1952 Jaguar XK120 Drop Head Coupé Gallery
Auction Sales History
1953 Jaguar XK120 Drophead Coupe 677111 – sold for $121,000 The 111th of 1,471 LHD Drophead Coupes built. First car bought by the consignor in 1971; indicates 60,511 miles. Frame-off restoration by Lake Oswego Restoration, completed in 2006. Exciting and original color combination.
Auction Source: RM Sotheby’s Monterey 2015
1954 Jaguar XK120 Drophead Coupé 678314 – sold for €79,350 Completed on 30th April 1954, ‘678314’ is the 158th from last XK120 manufactured. It was exported to James L Cooke Motors of Toronto, Canada on 13th May 1954 finished in British Racing Green with tan interior and matching hood. The car remained in Toronto all its life, carrying the registration number ’54XK120′. Auction Source: 2015 Les Grandes Marques du Monde au Grand Palais
1953 Jaguar XK120 Drop Head Coupé S677295 – sold for $42,900 Enticing ‘barn find’ condition. Largely complete and factory correct. A great project car to bring back to its former glory. Eligible for tours and rallies. Offered with Jaguar Trust Heritage Certificate. Auction Source: 2014 Quail Lodge Auction by Bonhams
1953 Jaguar XK120 Drop Head Coupe 677377 – sold for $154,000 Former 99.95-point JCNA Winner. Well-Maintained Early-1990s Restoration. Rebuilt 3.8-Litre XK150S Engine. Minimally Used Since Engine Rebuild. Maintained by Experts for 16 Years. Auction Source: The 2013 Amelia Island Auction by Gooding & Company
1953 Jaguar XK120 Cabriolet S677020 – sold for €93,150 As designated by its chassis number, S677020 is a Special Equipment model, and would have been only the 20th drophead to have been built, the sequence for these starting at 677001. Almost certainly delivered to the U.S. as new, it was acquired by Charles H. Brown’s mother in Lake Forest, Illinois on 28th August 1954 and has remained within their family ever since. A file of documentation with the car charts early U.S. road registrations and receipts for maintenance going back to the 1950s, and alluding to the family interest in motoring, the car still wears as Sports Car Club of America sticker in its windscreen which must date from the ’50s or ’60s. Auction Source: 2013 Les Grandes Marques du Monde au Grand Palais