05 ' vette, place to get pics

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by SmilinGoat, Mar 1, 2003.

1. the next gen corvette will be here in 04 as an 05 model.. today in Mtrend they released info on the engine of the next gen ls engine the base model should have about 400hp... there sould be a Z06 model with an engine based on Caddilac Sixteen engine... well half way anyway, literally, it will be Half of the XV16 producing just over 500 hp, while at the same time being a V8 weighing much less then the V-10 in the Viper, total the new Z06 model should weigh about 250lbs less then the viper, with an engine that produces the same torque and horse power. look out viper here comes the new Vette!

if you want to see pics of what the new Vette MIGHT look like, check out motortrend.com or buy the april issue... the pics dont show quite what is truly expected of the new corvette (admitted by motortrend) they believe it will be a little more dramatic looking. well i for one cant wait to see it, perhaps in New York we'll get a chance to see the REAL version.

2. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

hmm i dont think the viper shoud "watch out". It needs to pull over and give up. They already have beaten that car in every department. Road courses, same 1/4 mile, looks, interior quality, gadgets, build quality.. i can go on and on. I haven't read a magazine that pitted those 2 against each other and had the viper come out the winner.

Motor Trend even said its going to "polish off the viper" and go after european exotics. The normal LS2 should be making 425hp and the new zo6 will be at 500 or more. Dont forget all this power is going to be strapped to about a 2800-2900 pound frame. Thats anywhere from 500-400 lbs lighter than the viper. They are still saying it will be under 60,000. So its still a lot cheaper.

3. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

those pictures are just drawings, which doesn't mean that thats what you'll see in 2004.

4. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

I love it. you people dont understand that...on the street you would never notice the difference between a zo6 and a viper. The zo6 was accually faster on the road corse and not much slower in the 1/4. by only like .3 or.4 seconds??!!! who cares. you can take the money you saved buying a zo6 and put it into mods and blow the viper away and still have a comfertable ride.

5. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

yeah i know the viper is no compitition for the vette for bang for the buck, but the viper does go a bit faster, thats what i mean by watch out, they wont even have that little bit faster anymore... and i know the production car doesnt nessassarily look like the pics, but that is why i said "MIGHT" look like... but if you look at the prediction for the current vette 6 years ago in motortrend, youll see that it was almost exactaly like the prodution version.

6. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

Motor trend just released new drawings of the corvette!! It looks cool, and I hope it has alot of power. Of course they're just more drawings though. Anyway the new C6 should have a "cut in half" sixteen engine so it probly will have around 500hp.!

7. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

Quote - "the next gen corvette will be here in 04 as an 05 model.. today in Mtrend they released info on the engine of the next gen ls engine the base model should have about 400hp... there sould be a Z06 model with an engine based on Caddilac Sixteen engine... well half way anyway, literally, it will be Half of the XV16 producing just over 500 hp, while at the same time being a V8 weighing much less then the V-10 in the Viper, total the new Z06 model should weigh about 250lbs less then the viper, with an engine that produces the same torque and horse power. look out viper here comes the new Vette!

if you want to see pics of what the new Vette MIGHT look like, check out motortrend.com or buy the april issue... the pics dont show quite what is truly expected of the new corvette (admitted by motortrend) they believe it will be a little more dramatic looking. well i for one cant wait to see it, perhaps in New York we'll get a chance to see the REAL version."

Wrong! The '05 version will have around 500hp. The exact hp. isn't confirmed, but it is most likely going to be around 500. Z06 version? I don't know, but hopefully over 500hp.!

8. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

Back in 1990 Motor Trend had an issue where they had drawings of the "next Corvette". That was in 1990. It finally came out in 1997. And the drawings were fairly accurate. Not exact of course, but the basic shape of the car and everything, esp the front end was very close to the real car. And I'm sure the Viper will up it's level too. They'll redesign the heads and put a racier cam and it'll be making 550-580hp within the time the Corvette is making 500. You think the Viper people will let the Corvette pass it up? I don't think so. Man, 10 years from now, if we still run on fossil fuels, I'm scared to see how much hp the Vipers and Z06s will have. Compare...10 years ago, the Viper was making a measely 400, ten years later 500. The ZR-1 made 405 in 1991 thru 95 (but it was a $65,000 car). So that hasn't changed much. But w/ 500 horses coming soon, they will be pushing 650 hp in 10 years. Yikes, scary stuff.

9. Re: 05 ' vette, place to get pics

Something I want to know and its if the new Stang will be able to compete with the new Vette