Best American Car ever made???

Discussion in '2000 Saleen S7' started by CarreraGtRacer, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Re: Best American Car ever made???

The saleen, hands down, is the best american SUPERCAR ever made. The categories range too far for it to be absolute. I doubt very much that the ford gt will beat steve saleen's brainchild. And, since it's a local exotic, it won't be as costly as the million dollar street monsters. As for the other great cars that span over the other categories, pseudo-nostalgia for the classics has clouded my vision.

Mr. President, it's nuclear, not nucular.

2. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Apart from that the GT40 was designed by Lola of Great Britain. The mustang and the camaro are the only ones out of what you listed that are truly American. The Saleen is the same which has its body made in England. Plus the designs are off many British ideas.

3. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Personally if i had to choose the best american car of all time it is obvious what i would choose. i would choose the Ford GT40. I am aware that the GT40 was designed by LOLA in Britain or wherever but the saleen was built in europe too. Plus the GT40 has so much more heritage than the Saleen. The Saleen is still a great car but who won Le Mans 4 times...THE GT40.

4. Re: Best American Car ever made???

The GT40 is a slick bullet carved form Great Britian and guided by American muscle. What more could you ask for?

5. Re: Best American Car ever made???

the Saleen S7 is what more I could ask for

6. Re: Best American Car ever made???

ok i think that what this has unravelled to is that many people will claim that the gt-40 or the saleen is the best.....therefore since they're both related to ford i'd say ford makes the best american cars (atleast racecars) and if you took all of the downforce off of this beast it would accelerate much faster and SMOKE the mclaren

7. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Yes.

8. Re: Best American Car ever made???

This is the fastest american car ever made, and thoes who would take a Z06 over this are idiots, you really thing you could beat this in a race? I DONT THINK SO at least not with a GM product. Ford has come out with some amazing cars over the past few years and this has proved to be one of the best. A Viper can take on any Corvette and this can kill ALMOST any Viper...minus the Viper Venom.

9. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Yeah, its number 1! The american auto industry has gone to a whole new level with the S7. Sure the vette's a nice car but how can you compare! i don't see 500hp+ coming out of any stock vette. or is there a production vette that does 200mph, no way. ONLY ONE PROBLEM, A VETTE'S UNDER 100K THIS, THIS THING 300+. I won't be having one any time soon.

10. Re: Best American Car ever made???

nowhere close. the best by far would be the olds aerotech [read my signiature & go to the thread]

11. Re: Best American Car ever made???

in what way is the freaking molser mt900s based on a corvette? the only thing they have in common is the type of engine. other than that, the 900s is mid-engine, it looks awesome, & it can actually drive on a course with turns on it; none of such characteristics apply to the corvette to the same extent. secondly, im sick of people rippin on ford; first of all, this is not a ford, secondly, the fact that a company has made some sucky cars doesnt mean u should rip on every car they produce. there is no way that a corvette [which people like u thoughtlessly compare to every world-class supercar u see] will even be in the same ballpark as this new ford gt in terms of top speed, handling, & class. however, it may come somewhere close to it in acceleration. also, look at oldsmobile: they have produced some really crappy cars lately, yet they have the standing closed-course & top speed records. its true, look at my signiature & go to the thread it refers to.

12. Re: Best American Car ever made???

It doesnt have the power to match the Mclaren F1 even with out all its downforce.

13. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Haha, no downforce.
    IMO the GT-40 was and will be the best American car made.
    Saleen is still high up there though.

14. Re: Best American Car ever made???

no doubt

15. Re: Best American Car ever made???

the only american car that was ever good

16. Re: Best American Car ever made???

not just the best american car ever made, THE best car ever made

17. Best American Car Ever Made Is Right!

This is the best American car ever. It probably reaches speeds of well over 200m.p.h. and it has the ability to drive upside down at 160m.p.h. and at a modest 500 horses it makes all others look like Honda's. It also has looks that could kill. Man if i saw one of these I would go nuts. I'd keep going on but it would take like 10 pages. I'd say best car ever all around.

18. Re: Best American Car ever made???

I have to say that I love this car. I mean, I chose my SC name based on it for God's sake.

As for the best American ever made, I'm sayin yes. Sure a Corvette with a lot of money under the hood could beat it, but this monster is like driving a race car down your driveway. I've never seen a Vette that feels like that.

19. Re: Best American Car ever made???

the saleen can beat the F1 to 60, but the mclaren beats the s7 on any other acceleration tests. now if we are talking about on a track, i'd go with the s7. it would be damn close, but the s7 would probably edge the f1.

20. SsssssssssWwwwwwwwEeeeeeEeeeeeTtttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ever since the first time I saw the Saleen S7, I just thought it was a car that no one may ever beat!

I used to think the Enzo was the coolest AAA car, but now the Saleen S7 has reached up, and grabbed the enzo by the neck and pulled it down!

One more think, Saleen S7 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Re: Best American Car ever made???

This is nothing but a weak wannabe. DIRECT styling cues from the body of a McLaren, and a weaker engine.. This thing can't even measure up to an srt-10, and thats 300,000 dollar price difference. The best american car ever made is the srt10. Handles, brakes, accelerates, and looks better, not to mention it embodies the american muscle car spirit. The s7 is like a european car company putting a big block v8 inside a 4000lb machine then calling it the best european car ever just because it looks the part....this vehicle is a misfit, and a weak one at that.

22. Re: Best American Car ever made???

jeepster, no.
    this out everythings an srt-10, ewxcept breaks, because the viper has abs. And, omg, it has an aerodynamic shape, its obvioulsy a ripoff of a mclaren!
    the viper is a modern sports muscle car,
    the s7 is an American supercar, not a muscle car,
    and its among the best because it was built and designed that way and, and manages to successfully compete among the best, not because someone who doesnt know anything put a ford engine in some chassis
    the viper is sweet, but so little can even touch the s7.

23. Re: Best American Car ever made???

He is exactly right jeepster doesnt know anything

24. Re: Best American Car ever made???

"This is nothing but a weak wannabe. DIRECT styling cues from the body of a McLaren, and a weaker engine.. This thing can't even measure up to an srt-10, and thats 300,000 dollar price difference. The best american car ever made is the srt10. Handles, brakes, accelerates, and looks better, not to mention it embodies the american muscle car spirit. The s7 is like a european car company putting a big block v8 inside a 4000lb machine then calling it the best european car ever just because it looks the part....this vehicle is a misfit, and a weak one at that. "

guess what this car wieghs 2700lbs not 4000. 2700 is 400lbs lighter than an enzo and only 100lbs heavier than a mclaren f1. so if u are calling the s7 heavy and it only looks the part of a supercar than so is your enzo and mclaren. and this car has proven that it can beat an enzo. and the sad part is that the saleen s7 is saleens FIRST car!
    so if an s7 is weak so is your enzo and mclaren.

25. Re: Best American Car ever made???

best american car yes for an EXOTIC
    wait until the chrysler me four twelve comes out