Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

It sure is funny watching you japanese car lovers try to make an excuse the c5-r is able to keep up with this in evry way. It has just as good of handleing if not better than this and it's faster. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>the c5-r is a car built for le mans. if your comparing a tuner car to a le mans model then that's kinda sad...for the le mans model. the c5r is a good car but this thing is street legal. i can't say the same for the c5r. and wtf. a computer model that can calculate them around a track. funny. show me the computer model and how it works.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well spoken blaze4eva....

Thats right the C5-R is a Le Mans cars in that chase lets compare it to the Nissan R390 GT1 or the NP35. Game on!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your saying that it's sad to compare a car thats only parameter is to be street legal to a lemans car?

I already told you what it was and how it worked.

Actually you can choose driving style too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So like I said do a comparison of Le mans car vs Le mans car. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>the c5-r is a car built for le mans. if your comparing a tuner car to a le mans model then that's kinda sad...for the le mans model. the c5r is a good car but this thing is street legal. i can't say the same for the c5r. and wtf. a computer model that can calculate them around a track. funny. show me the computer model and how it works.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats right the C5-R is a Le Mans cars in that chase lets compare it to the Nissan R390 GT1 or the NP35. Game on!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your saying that it's sad to compare a car thats only parameter is to be street legal to a lemans car?

Actually you can choose driving style too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So like I said do a comparison of Le mans car vs Le mans car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well then give me a car to compare.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you actually read all of my post, and that being a short one. You will see I already stated which cars by Nissan should be compard to.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>

So like I said do a comparison of Le mans car vs Le mans car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well then give me a car to compare.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you actually read all of my post, and that being a short one. You will see I already stated which cars by Nissan should be compard to.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, I didn't see that, sorry. Ok, I couldn't find enough stats on the NP35 to compare it to the C5R. I did compare the the R390, but the C5R won by .4 seconds which is too close for me to say that the program wasn't at fault for the win so just leave it at the two cars are almost equal.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I will that that and agree.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>ah yes i would also like to make an inquiry on how this computer program works. after all you dont know whether its accurate or not right. the only real way to make sure its accurate is a)know how its programmed b)know extensive knowledge on car engineering and respect to its program OR by c)doing real life tests from an unbiased driver on cars and match them generally to see if it works or not.

where did you get thsi program i would like to own it as well.

a computer program that can simulate human behavior at speeds of over 150mph. that seems quite amazing to me.

if this program is truly so accurate then a racing organization would build a car input specs into this magic program of yours and seemingly calculate the outcome.

read my previous post, because unless you disagree with those facts

1) cars prepped by lemans are vastly superior similar performing road cars made by tuners
    2) the c5r is one of those cars

then how does the skyline win by 20%. 20 percent is quite a lot. in lemans that would really suck because all of hte cars there are (guess what) prepped by lemans. if a car built with 1/50th of the budget was built that could beat a multimillion dollar (insert my repetitive comment) here than the c5r must REALLY SUCK.

but of course it doesnt.

i thin kthe people in here that are rooting for this skkyline against the c5r should also read my post because they are subject to either (no knowledge of lemans or the fact that the c5r is lemans car) or just really biased.

again i can't stress this enough. READ MY OTHER POST PREVIOUS TO THIS ONE. ONE UP. sorry i'm just used to dealing with really stupid people.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, I can see where you're coming from with the whole not trusting a computer deal. I'll agree that it isn't perfect, nothing is. But it is close engine for me to call accurate, i.e. it matches the C5R in a lap in Lemans within 1.5 seconds.

When I said the Blitz wins 20% of the time I ment that on random tracks it would win usually 1 out of every 5 races. This happens because it doen't quite have the handling of the C5R which is pretty given, but it has better accel. so on tracks that have few turns the Blitz wins but on tracks with some turns and banks the C5R takes the cake.

It can't predict human behavior, but it can select the best driving style for different tracks and conditions. Driving teams don't use this because they have much better programs themselves.

6. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sr20deth</i>
    <b>umm, what about brakes?, vented discs, cross drilled discs, water cooled calipers, male/female gear change techniques (hehe had to say that, just being silly), driver weight, steering locks, camber, castor, part time computer controlled 4wd system, full time 4wd system, BOOST LEVEL, intercooler water spray, etc

I have used that prorgam and the only thing it is really good for it calculating gear ratios and top speeds.

Sr20det
    ---------------------------------------

Will938
    Too many to really want to try and find so I'll list the problems I've found with it through my use, and some parameters.

Called "Car Stats" only problems I've found is that it doesn't let you use slicks and it can't accuratly measure MPG.

Some parameters are: Weight, hp/torque/rpm's, displacement, turbo/NA/super, all gear ratios, clutch type, weight on front wheels, wheelbase, tire width, tire profile, drag co-efficient, height, width, ground clearance, air temp., baromic pressure, humidity, elevation, head/tail wind, road grade, shift times, engage times, redlines, driving wheels, engine location, and compression ratio. Thats all I can think of right now. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1st off, you see where you can change the weight? Yeah, you can add your weight to that. Many things you said can be fixed through the same methods minus intercooler water spray and boot level. I dunno what you were using, but it wasn't what I got.

7. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from R34007</i>
    <b>That's hilarious! Where did you get that price for the Corvette C5-R? Because in Gran Turismo 3, you can sell it for exactly $250,000.... Does anyone in here but him actually believe that a LeMans car, with all of the testing, research, and engineering would only cost a total of $250,000? PS. The racing car prices in GT3 are completely inaccurate, obviously. A Formula 1 car in real life costs $250,000,000 each, I am not BSing. There is so much research that goes into these cars and design. I have heard this straight from a Formula 1 engineer.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well smart ass, I got that number from Dale Earnhardt(sp) and speedvision when they were covering the C5R's season.

8. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Hmmm...Well it seemed like a funny coincidence... I'll ask my Uncle who works for GM to find out the truth.

9. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from R34007</i>
    <b>Hmmm...Well it seemed like a funny coincidence... I'll ask my Uncle who works for GM to find out the truth.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, sorry if I seemed harsh.

10. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

God on wonder why ppl hate the indies. look man the C5R was made for the ALMS and the Blitz skyline is for the streets. You got that.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

right! another thing.

in JGTC (japan grand touring championship), the skyline doesn't even employ its awd setup. it uses RWD!!! for those of you who do not know jgtc is basically japan's version of dtm.

12. #12 Will938, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>will 948. the c5r is individually prepped for one of most glorious of all international races there is...the 24 hours of leMans. there have been countless hours spent by an entire team of r&d, engineers, and multi-million dollar budget riding on this car. i will no doubt that the c5r is an EXTREMELY GOOD CAR.

comparison

the r348 started as a one off project tuner car started by blitz with its own accessory of parts. this car can be bought for around 170k.some may argue well where have i seen this car sold. i tell you waht. the r34 skyline can be bought correct? correct ( www.skylingtr.com 80 grand. it wouldn't be called a blitz skyline if all the parts weren't blitz right? so there we go. with some additional blueprinting and reworking you could essentially create this exact same car.

i dont know about you but unless you would like to cheapen the level that the c5r stands upon by saying you could do the same with a z06 and create yourself a c5r (which i remind you...multimillion dollar car worked on by professional racing teams) then you couldn't do the same with a C5 corvette.

so inherently if you think about it thsi comparison makes no sense whatsoever. multimillion dollar racing machine worked on by a series of engineers and won lemans vs. one off project by blitz. omit the brand names i gave you and all of a sudden your comparison seems a bit silly doesn't it?

lastly...when people compare things it is usually things that are extremely comparable in terms of price availability and overall qualities. basically by doing this your placing the skyline on teh same level as the c5r. in a word you cheapen the thousands of hours placed within the lemans winning c5r by comparing it to a 180k machine. like i said when you compare two things, it means they're extremely similar in price, availability, and overall qualities. logically this means that the engineers behind the c5r are complete idiots because they can barely succeed he level of a one off project by a tuner.

a better COMPARISON would probably be that of a lemans prepped skyline (which do no exist at least to my knowledge) against the c5r. that's all i said.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't say MY comparison because I wasn't the one who started this, I just thought to settle what someone else started.

1000's of hours of engineering time go into every car, and the C5R doesn't cost millions of dollars to build, it only costs $250,000.

If I compared the M3 to the ZO6 does that mean the engineers from BMW are idiots, hell no. Compare the ZO6 to the 360 Modena, Modena beats it 55-65% of the time but the engineers at Ferrari are damn good. Your can not say that by comparing the two cars the GM team were idiots, if you didn't notice they have to follow rules and regulations while the blitz car only had to be street legal.

13. The corvette c5-r would win, because it has better handeling and it goes just as fast and accelerates just as fast. Remember the 2001 petit le-mans. The c5-r beat every thing. Porsches, saleen s7s, vipers, and lots of other cars. The closest car behind it was a saleen s7 and it was 39 laps behind. It was so far behind, because the corvette has better handeling(also consider the fact that it was raining). This goes 0-60 in 3.0sec. the c5-r does it in 3.1sec. and it can get to 100 in 6.2sec. It has the same topspeed as this.

14. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

hahahahah, I killed myself laughing reading your last comment, but then I realised you were just joking, no one is THAT stupid when it comes to cars. First of all lets get one thing straight, this is not designed as a drag car. If you want a Skyline that can drag go to Japan and watch one with 1000hp or more. This car was designed for one purpose and one purpose only, to be way faster than any other car around a track, and it does that quite nicely. Skylines are so popular because of their intelligent AWD system. You can rev it to 5 grand, drop the clutch, and the second your clutch grips, boom your gone, no squeals at all. A corvette C5-R is a good car in its own respect, i'd still kill to drive one but in reality, it wouldnt stand a chance, it isnt nearly as powerful and it has no where near the handling capabilities, but I know you wont believe me so whatever, do some research if you really want to prove yourself wrong, I apologize for your stupidity.

15. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Yes the C5-R can keep up with this even though it's rwd and it has 200 less horsepower, but somehow it can keep up, they time when the vette is in fron of this car is when the skyline is about to lap it.

16. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Here, reprinted from another thread, just for you....

Own what, Skylines? or VSpecII-Nur editions? There's ONE Nur in the U.S.....count-em. One. That's it.
    There are currently 43 GTR's legalized for street use in the United States. In about eight months...there'll be at least 44 There's an assload of us that own them OUTSIDE the U.S. Point blank, after having driven an NSX (although admittedly an Auto), a few R34's, an assload of R33's, two vettes (one C5, one Z06), an EVO IV, a Twin Turbo V8 Esprit, an assload of Supras, and having owned a '94 MR2 Turbo, '97 Cobra, and '99 Camaro SS....My R32 is still the best drive I have had. I haven't driven everything in the world, but enough to make me extremely happy with my purchase. It's a driver's car...drive it and you'll understand.

Most of the cars you keep mentioning are aftermarket. You can make ANYTHING fast and handle on rails. It's a simple matter of cost and availability. The aftermarkets for all these cars are pretty large. Costs are pretty equal...save for the Viper...

Here's copied from another one of my posts....just for you. Maybe it will help you understand a bit....
    I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers Elite...but here they are according to the Mar '98 issue of Option Magazine (who Nissan allowed to pick a stock V-Spec vehicle from a lot of their choosing).

Price as tested: 5,127,000 Yen after Taxes, Shaken, and registration
    (47,200 odd dollars) with all options (12 disc changer/DVD player/GPS everything else is Stnd on the V-Spec).

Test results
    Dyno
    BHP 323HP@5900RPM (actually posted in PS...same as HP)
    Torque 46N-M@3100RPM (332.7 ft-lbs)
    Turning Radius: 12M
    Performance
    accel 0-100kph (62mph) 4.68s
    400M 12.72s
    braking 100-0kph 31.4M
    210M Slalom (700ft) 120.42kph (74.82 MPH)
    Skidpad 1.032g

There is a reason the WHOLE world minus the US lauds over the GTR. It does amazing things with what it has.

The Blitz is ONE aftermarket GTR. There are hundreds of different models, ranging from a tame 400HP in the NISMO 400R to 1417HP in the Phenix Power GTR. We can't really make comparisons of these cars because they are built SO specialized towards very specific races. So one will be better at one thing, and the other will be better at something else. The GTR is bad ass...so is the Z06. Personal preference.

17. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mistertwo</i>
    <b>Yes the C5-R can keep up with this even though it's rwd and it has 200 less horsepower, but somehow it can keep up, they time when the vette is in fron of this car is when the skyline is about to lap it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've put the two cars on a computer model and in the straights the Blitz gained while in any kind of a corner the vette pulled hard. Bottom line - on a track race the vette wins 80% of the time.

The vette might have 200 less HP but it is also 900 pounds less and has ultra tuned/specific suspension, plus it has been proven extremely reliable.

18. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mistertwo</i>
    <b>Yes the C5-R can keep up with this even though it's rwd and it has 200 less horsepower, but somehow it can keep up, they time when the vette is in fron of this car is when the skyline is about to lap it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've put the two cars on a computer model and in the straights the Blitz gained while in any kind of a corner the vette pulled hard. Bottom line - on a track race the vette wins 80% of the time.

The vette might have 200 less HP but it is also 900 pounds less and has ultra tuned/specific suspension, plus it has been proven extremely reliable.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What are the paramaters of this so called programed you used.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mistertwo</i>

The vette might have 200 less HP but it is also 900 pounds less and has ultra tuned/specific suspension, plus it has been proven extremely reliable.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What are the paramaters of this so called programed you used.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Too many to really want to try and find so I'll list the problems I've found with it through my use, and some parameters.

Called "Car Stats" only problems I've found is that it doesn't let you use slicks and it can't accuratly measure MPG.

Some parameters are: Weight, hp/torque/rpm's, displacement, turbo/NA/super, all gear ratios, clutch type, weight on front wheels, wheelbase, tire width, tire profile, drag co-efficient, height, width, ground clearance, air temp., baromic pressure, humidity, elevation, head/tail wind, road grade, shift times, engage times, redlines, driving wheels, engine location, and compression ratio. Thats all I can think of right now.

20. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

the c5-r is a car built for le mans. if your comparing a tuner car to a le mans model then that's kinda sad...for the le mans model. the c5r is a good car but this thing is street legal. i can't say the same for the c5r. and wtf. a computer model that can calculate them around a track. funny. show me the computer model and how it works.

21. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

What are the paramaters of this so called programed you used.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Some parameters are: Weight, hp/torque/rpm's, displacement, turbo/NA/super, all gear ratios, clutch type, weight on front wheels, wheelbase, tire width, tire profile, drag co-efficient, height, width, ground clearance, air temp., baromic pressure, humidity, elevation, head/tail wind, road grade, shift times, engage times, redlines, driving wheels, engine location, and compression ratio. Thats all I can think of right now.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

A cructial paramter was left out, called the 'Driver'. Your computer does the driving on any simulation program, human judgement and computer simulation will never be the same.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Thats right the C5-R is a Le Mans cars in that chase lets compare it to the Nissan R390 GT1 or the NP35. Game on!<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>

Actually you can choose driving style too.

24. #24 blaze4eva, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

will 948. the c5r is individually prepped for one of most glorious of all international races there is...the 24 hours of leMans. there have been countless hours spent by an entire team of r&d, engineers, and multi-million dollar budget riding on this car. i will no doubt that the c5r is an EXTREMELY GOOD CAR.

comparison

the r348 started as a one off project tuner car started by blitz with its own accessory of parts. this car can be bought for around 170k.some may argue well where have i seen this car sold. i tell you waht. the r34 skyline can be bought correct? correct ( www.skylingtr.com 80 grand. it wouldn't be called a blitz skyline if all the parts weren't blitz right? so there we go. with some additional blueprinting and reworking you could essentially create this exact same car.

i dont know about you but unless you would like to cheapen the level that the c5r stands upon by saying you could do the same with a z06 and create yourself a c5r (which i remind you...multimillion dollar car worked on by professional racing teams) then you couldn't do the same with a C5 corvette.

so inherently if you think about it thsi comparison makes no sense whatsoever. multimillion dollar racing machine worked on by a series of engineers and won lemans vs. one off project by blitz. omit the brand names i gave you and all of a sudden your comparison seems a bit silly doesn't it?

lastly...when people compare things it is usually things that are extremely comparable in terms of price availability and overall qualities. basically by doing this your placing the skyline on teh same level as the c5r. in a word you cheapen the thousands of hours placed within the lemans winning c5r by comparing it to a 180k machine. like i said when you compare two things, it means they're extremely similar in price, availability, and overall qualities. logically this means that the engineers behind the c5r are complete idiots because they can barely succeed he level of a one off project by a tuner.

a better COMPARISON would probably be that of a lemans prepped skyline (which do no exist at least to my knowledge) against the c5r. that's all i said.

25. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

ah yes i would also like to make an inquiry on how this computer program works. after all you dont know whether its accurate or not right. the only real way to make sure its accurate is a)know how its programmed b)know extensive knowledge on car engineering and respect to its program OR by c)doing real life tests from an unbiased driver on cars and match them generally to see if it works or not.

where did you get thsi program i would like to own it as well.

a computer program that can simulate human behavior at speeds of over 150mph. that seems quite amazing to me.

if this program is truly so accurate then a racing organization would build a car input specs into this magic program of yours and seemingly calculate the outcome.

read my previous post, because unless you disagree with those facts

1) cars prepped by lemans are vastly superior similar performing road cars made by tuners
    2) the c5r is one of those cars

then how does the skyline win by 20%. 20 percent is quite a lot. in lemans that would really suck because all of hte cars there are (guess what) prepped by lemans. if a car built with 1/50th of the budget was built that could beat a multimillion dollar (insert my repetitive comment) here than the c5r must REALLY SUCK.

but of course it doesnt.

i thin kthe people in here that are rooting for this skkyline against the c5r should also read my post because they are subject to either (no knowledge of lemans or the fact that the c5r is lemans car) or just really biased.

again i can't stress this enough. READ MY OTHER POST PREVIOUS TO THIS ONE. ONE UP. sorry i'm just used to dealing with really stupid people.