Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

Discussion in '1934 MG P-Type Midget' started by 550_Maranello, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Why do all these children keep comparing everything to a Honda Civic?

"Oh gee willikers, I would buy a Honda economy car and put $20,000 dollars worth of racing technology into and THEN I'd show that bully who kicked sand in my face!"

The fact is the very coolest Honda Civic with the best performance equipment is just a souped up economy car. It's a FWD economy car. Obviously, they are popular because they are practical and inexpensive and mommy and daddy might be willing to fork over some cash for their adolescent.

A sports car is neither practical nor inexpensive. They also can be exclusive and somewhat quirky. The best sports cars and exotics are made in Italy and Germany.

Anyone who has worn an Armani can understand that, although functional, a Sears suit isn't the same item.

2. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bobbybrown</i>
    <b>Why do all these children keep comparing everything to a Honda Civic?

"Oh gee willikers, I would buy a Honda economy car and put $20,000 dollars worth of racing technology into and THEN I'd show that bully who kicked sand in my face!"

The fact is the very coolest Honda Civic with the best performance equipment is just a souped up economy car. It's a FWD economy car. Obviously, they are popular because they are practical and inexpensive and mommy and daddy might be willing to fork over some cash for their adolescent.

A sports car is neither practical nor inexpensive. They also can be exclusive and somewhat quirky. The best sports cars and exotics are made in Italy and Germany.

Anyone who has worn an Armani can understand that, although functional, a Sears suit isn't the same item.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uh...did you post this in the right forum? I see your point - and I agree with it - but no one compared this car to the Civic, so it seems somewhat out of place.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bobbybrown</i>
    <b>Why do all these children keep comparing everything to a Honda Civic?

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You #$%#in #%$get. You propbably drive an oldsmobile so shut up. Civics always sucked but you could put 100k in the trunk and it would whoop your oldsmobile.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

Hmmmm, let me guess. You own a civic? What a suprise!

Gee, I bet it's a "SUPER"car too! LOL

BTW, I own an older Porsche 911 and wouldn't trade my german supercar for any Honda!

5. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

Oh well, then call it a pre-emptive strike. It never fails. It seems like in every one of these threads some child eventually starts comparing the vehicle in question with some modified or souped-up Civic.

6. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

lemme guess, you suck, thats right, i dont kno why you would compare cars to civics in the first place, and no we dont talk about civics all the dayam time, ive never seen one post sayin i would kill you with my civic, and its because people dont wanna admit what they drive, its pretty sad actually, honestly i hate civics way too weak, ask most import dirvers and they will tell you they hate civics, but dont bash them, a civic can run low 8's, dont believe me? stephen papakadis, you probly never heard of him cause you dont kno anything about racing, the driver of that civic would kick your ass

7. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

>>lemme guess, you suck, thats right,

An inauspicious opening salvo.

>> i dont kno why you would compare cars to civics in the first place, and no we dont talk about civics all the dayam time, ive never seen one post sayin i would kill you with my civic,

Then why so defensive?

>>and its because people dont wanna admit what they drive, its pretty sad actually, honestly i hate civics way too weak, ask most import dirvers and they will tell you they hate civics,

??? Most of them DRIVE civics.

>> but dont bash them, a civic can run low 8's, dont believe me?

So can a slef-propelled lawnmower with a JATO rocket bolted on. Your point?

>> stephen papakadis, you probly never heard of him cause you dont kno anything about racing, the driver of that civic would kick your ass

In his civic? Don't make me laugh. You know not of what you speak. So unless you have anything intelligent to say shut your trap.

8. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from icedupracing</i>
    <b>lemme guess, you suck, thats right, i dont kno why you would compare cars to civics in the first place, and no we dont talk about civics all the dayam time, ive never seen one post sayin i would kill you with my civic, and its because people dont wanna admit what they drive, its pretty sad actually, honestly i hate civics way too weak, ask most import dirvers and they will tell you they hate civics, but dont bash them, a civic can run low 8's, dont believe me? stephen papakadis, you probly never heard of him cause you dont kno anything about racing, the driver of that civic would kick your ass</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah but he also cant drive that car on the street. so that is just dumb<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from icedupracing</i>
    <b>lemme guess, you suck, thats right, i dont kno why you would compare cars to civics in the first place, and no we dont talk about civics all the dayam time, ive never seen one post sayin i would kill you with my civic, and its because people dont wanna admit what they drive, its pretty sad actually, honestly i hate civics way too weak, ask most import dirvers and they will tell you they hate civics, but dont bash them, a civic can run low 8's, dont believe me? stephen papakadis, you probly never heard of him cause you dont kno anything about racing, the driver of that civic would kick your ass</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've seen (not street-legal) OLD VW Beetles run in the 8s too... with AIR-COOLED engines!

10. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

There are people out there with brains! My god! I'm no the only one in the world that realizes civics aren't sports cars and never will be no matter what! Although, I'm not sure where the comment cam efrom, damn man, you are absolutely right.

11. Re: Civic? Isn't this SUPERcars.net?

~~~lemme guess, you suck, thats right, i dont kno why you would compare cars to civics in the first place, and no we dont talk about civics all the dayam time, ive never seen one post sayin i would kill you with my civic, and its because people dont wanna admit what they drive, its pretty sad actually, honestly i hate civics way too weak, ask most import dirvers and they will tell you they hate civics, but dont bash them, a civic can run low 8's, dont believe me? stephen papakadis, you probly never heard of him cause you dont kno anything about racing, the driver of that civic would kick your ass ~~~

Your right. I have seen civics run low 8's in the import drags, but that car had nothin civic left to it but the body and engine block. You can make anycar do incredible things if you put enough into it. Yuou gauge a car on what it does stock, and then you loock and see what it can do with some mods.