Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

Discussion in '2002 Jaguar S-Type R' started by FORD GUY, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

400 BHP... 0-60 5.3 sec...
    I'm sorry but... I cant see why it sucks....

2. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

What does it suck?? the car is faster than a mustang and as fast as an SS Camaro. The lincoln LS has a needs to share the powertrain with this car.

3. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

Thank you guys for knockin some sense into this guy. If this engine sucks, then just about every single production car in the world has an engine that sucks.

4. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

The engine does come from Ford y'know!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

I would post but everyone else has already settled this argument. Thanx for showing this guy how friggin wrong he is, but i'm gonna restate almost everything that has been said (hp, etc.), simply because that is what I was already gonna say when I saw the forum title. 3 digits and 2 letters-400 HP! Mr.Ford guy, this engine produces more hp than the SVT LIGHTNING, the SVT COBRA-R, and the Corvette.(totally different company but still a sports car with a V8) It ain't as fast as the Cobra-R and the Vette(I'm not sure about the Lighting), but the engine has more beef in it than most sports sedans and some sports cars. So think about what you are gonna say before you say it.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from marine1</i>
    <b>The engine does come from Ford y'know!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actully your wrong. The Jaguar V8 engines are still made in browns lane... The Jagaur V6 engines are made in detroit but to jaguar specifications...

And again what sucks??<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

All the Jaguar Engines are built by Jaguar.
    Even both the engines form the X-Type that everybody thinks
    that there made by Ford. Ford has never made any Jaguar engines.
    I worked for Jaguar this winter and have worked beside the X-Type before it was introduced to the public.
    The new Jaguar S-Type R is a rocket. And that's all I could say.

8. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

If this is engine sucks what kind of engine is good? For god sakes what the hell are you expecting this is a 4 door luxury sedan. That is hella remarkable for that heavy of car to sprint to 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. And everyone knows that the manufacturer under rates the car so just in case someone drives differently. The manufacturer wont be wrong. You know how the buisnerss is in these days the customer is never wrong. SO im guessing this car can get 0-60 in 5.0 seconds. Dont believe me go to the BMW site it says the M5 takes 5.1 seconds to get 0-60.

9. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

What about that 2.5litre engine? I thought that was the same Duratec engine as the SVT Contour, wasn't it?

If it isn't is the 2.5 litre SVT contour engine the same engine they use in the ford probe? That SVT Contour has one of the nicest sounding engines for under 22grand

10. Re: Engine sucks, but an overall nice car

no its not the same enginge
    the engines have in commen is that their built in the DOHC design.
    The Jaguar engine is full aluminum and have superior tuning.
    granted the SVT Countour was a nice car. But the Mondeo 2.0 passes the performance of this 2.5 SVT.
    the Jaguar 2.5 comes from the 3.0 with a smaller stroke, and likewise the 2.0 comes from a shortened 2.5 enginge.
    the same enginge design has been used for the 2.4 DI 4 cylinder enginge, to be found in the Mazda, and maybe in the Jaguar has a turbo diesel option. the turbo diesel 2.4L says to give off 280HP.

and yes you're right the Probe used the same SVT Contour engigne. I own a SVT Sable 3.0 (205hp with single exhaust - 220 with dual exhaust if installed) and it's not the same has the Jaguar 233 and 2003 1/2 240HP performace. The X-Type R is said to have 337 HP.

some designs are shared, but aren't built. same thing with the Aston Martin 6.0L v12, which design originated from the Ford 6.0L truck enginge.