Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

Discussion in '1952 Porsche-Glöckler 356 Roadster' started by Delorean DMC-12 Rocks, Aug 9, 2002.

1. its the SVT Thunder. the extended cab model of the lightning. i cant find any pics on line. but it is made.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

The SVT Thunder is an Expedition that has the same rims and body kit that the F-150 Lightning has. But it's still a bad ass truck. To bad there not gonna make it, it would be pretty cool seeing a big heavy truck beat pathetic civics that think there fast!

3. #3 Forddriver64, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Delorean DMC-12 Rocks</i>
    <b>its the SVT Thunder. the extended cab model of the lightning. i cant find any pics on line. but it is made.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    hey man go here http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/index.html then go to concept lab and you will find it there.

4. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

its not like the thunder would be hard to make... put a roots eaton on an expedition and viola... thunder... plus some ride handling tuning but you can make one on your own. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

no. the expedition doesnt come with a 5.4 (atleast i dont think so) then there are the suspension tuning the body kits and interior. its alot more than just a supercharger

6. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

Geez that 6.1 Litre Mustang looks good! Why have they got a mid 90s shape Mustang in the concept lab?

7. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

b cuz it has a 10 liter bo egine and only one was made

8. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

They also have another SVT concept truck, its called the Lightning Bolt. Its the SVT of the Ranger. It is basically a lightning with a ranger body. The same rims, suspension, and exhausts, not sure about the engine

9. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

Same engine too. It would be very fast.

10. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

you can get a Triton 5.4 in an Expedition

11. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

(quiet chuckling) Its becaue it accelerates faster than a Mclaren F1 etc. 0-60 1.9 seconds Has a 10L engine with 855HP and 790Torque.

12. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

shit that is awsome dady like dady like

13. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

that mustang was a special project that john coletti made to go up against the super camaro that john moss made, of course in true chevy style moss went and had a donovan built race motor while the blue oval boys went with a bored and stroked BOSS 9. the boss destroyed the donovan in the drag race even tho it was a 692. and on the road course it had oiling problems so they gave that one to the camaro. it ended up being a tie.

14. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

I just checked the Expedition Thunder, and all I got to say is Wow! I wish they made it, it looks very good and probably goes ver fast, hehe

15. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

Yeah,the SVT Lightning.But what are trucks doing on a website on supercars,not supertrucks!

16. Question...correct me if I'm wrong...anyone answer...Ford Ranger

Ok so you've heard of the Expedition Lightning or whatever it's called...sorry for my inaccuracy...but have you seen/heard of the Ford Ranger Thunder Concept? I can't recall if that was what it was called...thunder or something else. It has the exact suspension and engine dynamics of a Ford Lightning F-150 but dropped in a ranger...I saw it on SpeedVision. Anyone know anything bout it or have a link about it, if so I'd appreciate it.

17. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

you cant find any picutres of it? you havent even ever seen it have you? its not a truck its and expodition.

18. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

Don't tell me I haven't seen it I saw it on SpeedVision and I'm sure someone else has...its a dark blue Ford Ranger with a 5.4 Liter Supercharged V8 ( ahem...the lightning engine ) and it has the same suspension (lowered in the front and such). Look into it. I swear on my dad's life I saw it!

19. #19 fordgt90concept, Jul 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  20. Re: Have you heard of the other SVT truck?

I sware I saw one of these when I took my Merkur into the shop. I saw dual side exhusts though, stiching out through the bumper behind the rear wheels.

21. it's called the LightningBolt, and it's got the lightning engine (5.4 s/c) and they've made less than 3 (for tests) so I highly doubt you've seen one, prolly just a ranger with a lightning-looking bumper