hmm....

Discussion in '1962 Morris Mini Cooper S' started by ChevyRocks, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: hmm....

There's also that Ford Boss Mustang concept that can do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, it's a Ford, and it's not slow.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: hmm....

^^^i doubt that. anyways, why would you put a mini cooper against a gt40?

3. Re: hmm....

yer i dont really like mustangs but they did make the BOSS with a shit load of power and USING SLICKS got 0-100 in 1.9

4. Re: hmm....

"I don't like ford much either, but the GT40 would rape this thing, or anything else made by this companies ass!"

why the hell would you that anyway, that'd be a REEEEEEAAAAAAL acomplishment.

could i join the mini club too?

5. Re: hmm....

I don't think its a very fair match, You are comparing a heavily modified V8 RWD, to a standard 4cyl FWD 40 year old car!
    There isn't a Mini that can get close to those times but then on the other hand I would like to see the two race a twisty track! <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: hmm....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SUPA MONARO</i>
    <b>Faster than a Ford! (a bit)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->it dosen't fall apart like one though<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: hmm....

I drove one of these reccently (admittedly a 1967 model) they are really quick for something out of the 60s, would beat most of the traffic in the day, and still do now.

These things used to race mustangs with twice the horsepower and win. 55hp doesn't seem like much but it weighs only 596kg. The 1275GT could be easy bumped up to 100hp +

8. Re: hmm....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ChevyRocks</i>
    <b>Wow, what an uneducated, dimwitted answer.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ha you're gay!

9. Re: hmm....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ilovefastcars</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ChevyRocks</i>
    <b>Wow, what an uneducated, dimwitted answer.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ha you're gay!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Wow, what an uneducated, dimwitted comeback.

10. Re: hmm....

hehe, we all know that mini's kick ass but to say that this will beat some car is BS and you all know that im not a real fan of any company but this car would loose to most other cars cept when it comes to rally, this car would eat other cars that had a lot more HP as stated above, fix em up and they are pretty mean little guys

11. Re: hmm....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from brasspremier</i>
    <b>^^^i doubt that. anyways, why would you put a mini cooper against a gt40?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why do you doubt that? Is it that hard to believe that a Mustang with 855 bhp can go 0-60 in 1.9 seconds?<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: hmm....

One of you guys said that the minis were only good in rallys or something equally as ignorant and/or moronic. I doubt that anyone in this conversation has ever been in a rally or else you would know that a rally is an activity that takes the machine and eats the hell out of it. ANY car that can win a rally is a beautiful machine.

P.S. Where did you get the idea that there is a mustang that can go 0-60 in 1.9 seconds? <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: hmm....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RacePhreak13</i>
    <b>im with you neogoatboy. someone who finally has some knowledge to back up their intelligent words. it's about time. hey, im always seeing in signatures stuff about "proud member of the sc.net porsche superiority club" and stuff like that, does such a good clan happen to revolve around mini's? yaknow, from the old original austins through the morris' and rovers and now up to the BMW? any people out there cool enough to start one? because if there is one, i wanna get in contact with them, and if there isn't, consider me the new starter and head of it!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If u do start a mini clan..... IM IN!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: hmm....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RacePhreak13</i>
    <b>im with you neogoatboy. someone who finally has some knowledge to back up their intelligent words. it's about time. hey, im always seeing in signatures stuff about "proud member of the sc.net porsche superiority club" and stuff like that, does such a good clan happen to revolve around mini's? yaknow, from the old original austins through the morris' and rovers and now up to the BMW? any people out there cool enough to start one? because if there is one, i wanna get in contact with them, and if there isn't, consider me the new starter and head of it!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Damn streight. Also people shouldent think that this particular model of Mini was the fastest. Hell my Mini would rip it a new ear hole. But then again. all Mini models are great!!!

As for if theres a club. I'm in for sure.

Btw the mini also one other types of motor sport evens. for example touring car, speedway, motorkana and hill climbs. <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: hmm....

When it comes to rallying this car is one of the all time greats. It was humbling cars with three or four times the power. Any car that wins the Monte 3 times has to be special.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: hmm....

im with you neogoatboy. someone who finally has some knowledge to back up their intelligent words. it's about time. hey, im always seeing in signatures stuff about "proud member of the sc.net porsche superiority club" and stuff like that, does such a good clan happen to revolve around mini's? yaknow, from the old original austins through the morris' and rovers and now up to the BMW? any people out there cool enough to start one? because if there is one, i wanna get in contact with them, and if there isn't, consider me the new starter and head of it!<!-- Signature -->

17. Faster than a Ford! (a bit)<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: hmm....

<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: hmm....

Wow, what an uneducated, dimwitted answer.<!-- Signature -->