How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 GTR Straßenversion' started by sniper, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

Just guessing: small 4 seconds.

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

I would say 4 seconds flat.

3. This and the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R are my all time favorite cars. It gives me one hell of a car-gasm! Im thinkin seriously that this car is 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds. what do all of you think, does anyone know for sure? <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

Who knows? If the standard M3 does it in like 4.7 or so... its hard to say. This car is lighter too. Well in any case whatever the 0-60 is this is going to be one amazing road car, probably a porsche and ferrari killer.

5. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

Ilike bimmers, having 3 of them (e21-323i,e24520i,635i)...
    its hard to say how it is from 0-60...but it can be estimated, just by comparing it with the 1999 Evans Series 3 LeMans from the quickest 0-60 list...sure itŽs not 0-60 in 3.5 secs...this 2002 BMW E46 M3 GTR Strassenversion is sure lighter than the stock M3, but is not a porsche or ferrari killer, just depend on what are you trying to kill... is not the same this M3 GTR vs a porsche 911 turbo(streetcar)...as it will be vs a GT1,GT2 or GT3 porsche(racecar version)...is not fair to compare a racecar v.s a streetcar...

6. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

This is a street car. In fact, I'm guessing that strassenversion loosely translates to street version. So yes, that means you can compare it to other street cars. And as for the racing version, the M3 gtr is a porsche killer- its whooping the GT3's ass in the ALMS, last time i checked. A good comparison would be this versus another street car, the 911 GT2. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

Its a Slick Car no Doubt about it...

0-60 wont be less than 3.6 seconds, and wont be over 4.3 seconds... when u got a V8 Engine roaring to go at 450bhp ure talking serious business... and yea it does come into the Porsche League!

So we're looking at it being around the 4.0second mark, out do most Ferrari's and compete with Porsche's...

<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

I think it will do something between 3.5 and 3.8.

9. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

i went on this website bmwland.moonfruit.com and they had 4.7 seconds

10. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

I guessing 3.8 to 4.2 secconds...

11. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lamboboy</i>
    <b>i went on this website bmwland.moonfruit.com and they had 4.7 seconds</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->4.7? 4.7 is what the regular M3 got, so this one should be upto 1 full second quicker.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

I think 3.8sec is a realistic time!
    But what do you think is the top speed of this car. More than 320kph?
    <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

i dunno what it is but its probably pretty fast.... this is a sweet lookn car

14. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

Under 4 seconds for sure, but one must also consider hp/litre. The bhp on this bimmer increases by 117 but it also has the larger V8 displacement.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

the racing version m3 gtr does 0-60 in 3.4. this car will have to be detuned because of emmisions, exhaust loudness, and the racing version only gets 5mpg so that would also have to be changed. it would have to be somewhere around 4 sec.

16. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

My guess is between 3.5-3.9. I think definitely sub 4's and no faster than 3.5.

17. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

since corvette does 0-60 in 3.9 sec and is 405 hp.... this is a race version... shud be lighter than a stock corvette.. im gunna say prob 3.5 sec and top speed *shud* be 200 mph or so... all gt cars shud be able to reach round that speed

18. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>since corvette does 0-60 in 3.9 sec and is 405 hp.... this is a race version... shud be lighter than a stock corvette.. im gunna say prob 3.5 sec and top speed *shud* be 200 mph or so... all gt cars shud be able to reach round that speed</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Stop Generalising,
    Your correct the wieght is nearly 800lbs lighter with 50 more hp, the stock M3 is 4.7 the GTR race spec is 3.5 this comes close to 3.7 seconds.

The top speed of the stock M3 is 180 mph this easily spanks 200.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

What he said was realistic though. Poor Wakka Wu. Who would ever report him?

20. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

4s flat or a little less i think

21. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

i agree with you on that i think it can easily do that kind of time with that kind of power to weight ratio, and no one even knows the correct torque figure for it, so that would be a mojor plus too, since the stock m5 makes so much i can only imagine how much this race spec engine would make.

22. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

acccording to road and track this car is 0-60 in 3.3

23. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

it's lighter than a stock M3, and it has a V8. it's gotta do 0-60 in less than 4

24. Re: How fast do you think it is from 0-60?

3.3, damn, that's fast. I red that it was about 4.1 seconds, tested.

Out..

25. Re:

it was tested once, 3.3 seconds.