I HATE THIS CAR!!!

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by turbo power, Aug 10, 2002.

1. now dont get me wrong the rx-7 is one of the greatest cars ever and i almost bought my friends 85 gsl-se hope to own a 3rd gen some day but this is just a bad idea. is it just me or is any one wondering where the turbos are and if there were no rear seats in the last one why are there rear doors now? what mazda needs to do is to build a better car and put it directly at the honda s2000 so it doesnt take away from the mustang

2. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

This car represents a whole new generation of vehicles that should come available from Mazda. In response to the comment about the Honda S2000, how about a rotary version of the next Miata based on the RX8....sounds like time to kick some Honda butt...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

dude c'mon, you could add a turbo to it easily i'm sure.
    Its got 250hp *without forced induction* is good start for adding some boost pressure to. You'd only need 18lbs of boost to pop 500hp
    -- although I'm sure i'd be more like 300 with a bit of porting and less restriction, run 1.5 bar... and you got 750 horses.

shit I better start saving so i can get me one of these!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

Your just jealous that it takes busniess away from your little shitty mustangs.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

I'd take this over a Mustang any day, if it were $20,000.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

450 hp right hand drive supra RZ
    400 (475 NOS) S14 silvia

7. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

nismo masta actualy your wrong. rx7's can easily generate up to 555 hp with only 9 psi from the turbo. check out peter farrell's supercars. at 20 psi an rx7 can generate up to 900 or 1000 hp. your figure probably comes from standard turboed jap cars but remember this engine is rotary. only three moving parts. this becomes more crucial with the aid of a turbo and other modifications making it extremely responsive to tuning. you just need to know how.

8. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

The rx7's 13B-REW rotary engine would only produce about 300-350 bhp with 9 psi in its twin turbo. The stock version of the 13B-REW with its twin turbo only produced 255 bhp.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

But to The real POint This Car Doesnt Deserve The "RX" Name
    I think it shoud be More called the MX-6 Or somthing Lower line and save the Rx For a real Sports car. This looks to economy for the Rx name come on.

10. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

ITS A 13B, A TURBO KIT WILL JUST BOLT ON! 13B'S CAN PUT OUT OVER 800HP
    THIS CAR WITH 500-600HP WOULD DO LESS THEN 9-10 1/4 MILE. AND THATS NO BULL$HIT ETHER! <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Oxcide</i>
    <b>But to The real POint This Car Doesnt Deserve The "RX" Name
    I think it shoud be More called the MX-6 Or somthing Lower line and save the Rx For a real Sports car. This looks to economy for the Rx name come on.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you a moron? Or just like to act like one? Mazda has built many 4 door seadans with rotary engines. RX had nothing to do with it being a sports car.

Let's start with the R100, in coupe, sedan, and station wagon form back in '68-71. then it was followed up with the RX2, in coupe, sedan, and wagon form, from '71-74. That was joined in '72 by the RX3 in coupe, sedan, and wagon form. The RX3 lasted until '79, when replaced by the RX7. From '74 to '76, the RX3 was joined by the RX4, in, yes you guessed it, coupe, sedan, and wagon form. That's 4 separate RX models available with 4 doors and 4-5 passenger seating.

This doesn't even count the larger luxury sedans with rotaries or the rotary pickup...

Get a damn clue, and quite being so narrowminded, people!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

Goddamn man....Have you noticed the cars Chris named? How they all started w/ R and all had rotaries? Notice the pattern yet?

IT IS AN RX BECAUSE IT IS A ROTARY!

It has nothing to do with being a sports car.

13. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from turbo power</i>
    <b>now dont get me wrong the rx-7 is one of the greatest cars ever and i almost bought my friends 85 gsl-se hope to own a 3rd gen some day but this is just a bad idea. is it just me or is any one wondering where the turbos are and if there were no rear seats in the last one why are there rear doors now? what mazda needs to do is to build a better car and put it directly at the honda s2000 so it doesnt take away from the mustang</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your an idiot.

The last car had rear seats. So does this car, it can seat 4 adults, thats why there are rear suicide doors.

Begon demon of stupidity.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

Dont call me a idiot unless you have a valid point. The 3rd generation rx-7 does not have rear seats. Go to ebay and look at pics and cout the number of 3rd gens that you see with a rear seat. Here i have already done it.

Zero<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from turbo power</i>
    <b>Dont call me a idiot unless you have a valid point. The 3rd generation rx-7 does not have rear seats. Go to ebay and look at pics and cout the number of 3rd gens that you see with a rear seat. Here i have already done it.

Zero</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well, you looked at this thread, didn't you. You responded to him calling you an idiot, didn't you. But did you even bother to look at my prior post, which described in total WHY your assumptions are wrong? Did you look at the thread entitled "Everyone, read this?"

He has a valid point. The RX7 isn't "the last one" as if the RX8 is it's replacement.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

All im saying is that the 3rd gen (93-95) rx7 did not have rear seats and was built as more of a performance car. I didnt mention the other rx's such as the rotary engined truck, im just talking about the 3rd gen rx7 vs. rx8 to which it appears that the rx8 has lost some of its perfomance nature. Do you understand? Btw as i said eariler the 3rd gen rx7 had no rear seats therefore it is classified as a 3 door 2 seat coupe meaning no back seats. Also if the rx7 is not being produced anymore and the replacement the rx8 has a different names wouldnt that make the 95 rx7 the last rx7?<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

<b>All im saying is that the 3rd gen (93-95) rx7 did not have rear seats and was built as more of a performance car. I didnt mention the other rx's such as the rotary engined truck, im just talking about the 3rd gen rx7 vs. rx8 to which it appears that the rx8 has lost some of its perfomance nature. Do you understand? Btw as i said eariler the 3rd gen rx7 had no rear seats therefore it is classified as a 3 door 2 seat coupe meaning no back seats. Also if the rx7 is not being produced anymore and the replacement the rx8 has a different names wouldnt that make the 95 rx7 the last rx7?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your assumption is STILL that the RX8 is the replacement for the RX7. And that's WRONG! Period. Can't you read? There is not supposed to be comparisons between the RX8 and the RX7. It's patently stupid to hate the RX8 becasue it isn't an RX7!

The RX8 couldn't have lost any performance nature, as it isn't replacing anything to have lost from. And if you look at it as the latest RX 4 door, it's actually IMPROVED performance over every prior RX sedan.

There's still a new RX7 to come.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

after everything mazda had to go through to get this car built and since the 7 and 8 are both niche market cars there wont be another 7. <!-- Signature -->

19. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

I hear of 13Bs making in excess of 350hp NA

A few weeks ago I drove a club memebers 700hp 26B rotary, unfortunatley the second stage injection wasn't working, so it was only 500hp, but wholy sh*t what a engine has to be the closest thing to a formula 1 engine kind of specific output you can get on the street. the car only weighed about 1100kg too and would run flat 10 seconds. has the number 2 spot for national NA rotary record.
    Interestingly the B&I carbon apex seals used in that engine were designed for 10,000rpm and 30psi of boost. I don't know if thats OR but if its AND, that would equal about 2000hp running on 2 bar / 116 octane. Thats top fuel territory yet not a whiff of nitromethane or methanol.
    770hp per LITRE... geezus

turbo kits for RX-8 are being developed, my japanese is very poor but HKS doing a "low-pressure" jkit thats going to put out 500hp.

20. Re: I HATE THIS CAR!!!

I don't see what's wrong with this car, sure it's no Viper Venom 800tt but it's still a good car.<!-- Signature -->