I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by civic people, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I was expecting 500HP atleast, cause some people told me that a cobra R can compete with a Viper, It's impossible to compete with a viper with only 400HP. GO ADD A TURBO YOU MORON <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Well at the fly its actually making around 430 HP, when dyno'd, it made over 370 HP at the wheels. And although it would need more power to compete with the Viper in a straight line, it still kicked its ass on the Road Course that M/T tested, even the cheaper, lower HP Z06 killed the Viper.

3. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Vipers are Just full of torque and top speed, not very good turning capabilities. There is to much power at the wheels and not enough weight at the back wheels so when you go around corners you can lose it pretty fast.

4. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Vipers, 'Vettes, and the R all handle very well and are very ast in a straight line. How much horsepower does your Civic have?

5. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

i know!maybe your little civic could do better i u got those 4 200 pound chrome wheels off and got rid of those 3 18's makin ure car heaver,all i'm sayin is that u either have a lok sweet civic that cant do a burnout.......or a 300 hp R that can kick rear.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Where the heck did this civic thing come from?
    Everything on this website's forum's is about japan and america

Clue: Keep the comments section about this car not about civic's

Oh yeah, isn't this a high performance car not a people moving economy car???????????????????????????

Stupid Redneck<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

I think he was refering to the originator of this R-hating forum... who's name is "civic people." Shutup.

8. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Shut up honda boy. Its funny how you NEED a turbo just to go fast. hmmm, and intake, and NOS (a lot of it). You know what you are stupid. Look how much you would spend just to make your little soy sauce burner just as fast a Cobra R. Just shut up and go back to russia.

(#%$)

9. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 69 STANG</i>
    <b>Vipers are Just full of torque and top speed, not very good turning capabilities. There is to much power at the wheels and not enough weight at the back wheels so when you go around corners you can lose it pretty fast.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> yeah gettin loose in the rear end is the fun part, i dont want any front wheel drive crap.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

I like this too !<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

this car is a winner, but where the hell did the civic come into play? seriously anymore add ons to this car and it will be illegal to drive on the road cause it is too damn fast or it will blow the engine one of the two is what i figure<!-- Signature -->

12. #12 TPANCe 516, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  13. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

YEA!! TRU!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Look at the Specs, 0-60 is almost simalar to the Viper, see, rest my case, it CAN compete with the viper<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

right<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

noooo cold!<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

I will be laughing at full throttle until I crash into the back of a coppers car, Once I kill one of those Imports sooooo bad when I get the Turbo charger put into my car.
    I finallly Decided to start engine work on my car<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

just like the ford lightning was rated at 360 bhp by ford, dyno runs found it was making 400bhp, car manufactures have been doing this since the 60's, like the 426 hemis of chrysler were rated at something like 425bhp, but really made around 500, or the corvette l88 rated at 430bhp really made well over 500bhp. the cobra R is rated at 385bhp and 385 ft/lbs. it does make much more, also one man rigged a vortech on his and made around 550bhp with relativly low amount of boost, also please remember HORSEPOWER IS NOT THE ONLY MEASUREMNT OF PERFORMANCE, Torque is just as important, as the horsepower rating is just a mathmatical deriviative of torque at X rpm, i wish i could find my hot rod mag with the equasion in it

ps. sorry for yelling<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

I have to say again Cobra R was built to be a track car not a 500HP 1/4 mile car wit no ability to make hard turns at Hi HP without aftermarket mods! You do know you can buy a turbo for the car aftermarket also so don't knock the car.

20. #20 boosted302, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TPANCe 516</i>
    <b> but this add on on it
    www.turbodrivenconcepts.com </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It just is a shame that TDC is getting sued for fraud, and they don't deliver their goods, and their customer support is shitty.

21. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blupny</i>
    <b>just like the ford lightning was rated at 360 bhp by ford, dyno runs found it was making 400bhp, car manufactures have been doing this since the 60's, like the 426 hemis of chrysler were rated at something like 425bhp, but really made around 500, or the corvette l88 rated at 430bhp really made well over 500bhp. the cobra R is rated at 385bhp and 385 ft/lbs. it does make much more, also one man rigged a vortech on his and made around 550bhp with relativly low amount of boost, also please remember HORSEPOWER IS NOT THE ONLY MEASUREMNT OF PERFORMANCE, Torque is just as important, as the horsepower rating is just a mathmatical deriviative of torque at X rpm, i wish i could find my hot rod mag with the equasion in it

ps. sorry for yelling</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I read the article where a guy installed a low boost supercharger on the Cobra R, and the results were that he was speeding past the vipers and z06 Vettes on the straight aways.

22. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

nah..good car with good looks in my case..<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

WAT????? TDC HAS BEEN SUED???? R U JOKING ME????? I KEEP EMAILING THEM ASKING WEN CAN I ORDER MY TURBO KIT...AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE MAKING MY KIT READY FOR NEXT MOUNTH!!!!!
    THERE COSTERMER SUPPORT IS GOOD!!!THEY ALWAYS KEEP ME INFORMED!!!<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

Low boost on high displacement engines is the PERFECT Match..Great topspeed and high displacement makes up for acceleration plus you get a road legal car!<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: I throught cobra R got lots HP... but not

oh! rough action is goin on here!<!-- Signature -->