kinda slow

Discussion in '2000 Chrysler 300 Hemi C Concept' started by Fooldude, Aug 9, 2002.

1. for a V8 i would think its top speed would atleast be 180. they need to find a better engine to put in this car before they start production.

2. Re: kinda slow

Who cares if its slow? This car's interior is stunning, and the overall look justs says "LUXURY". Chrysler should consider producing this. It is a luxurious car with a V8 engine.

3. Re: kinda slow

its not built as a sports car it is a luxury car built for comfort n shit

4. Re: kinda slow

a better engine than a hemi? i don't know about that, buddy. i bet they just made a safe estimate so as to not disappoint anyone if the actual car doesn't live up to an exaggerated estimate, or they might just limit the speed electronically to 160mph (most of parent brand Daimler-Benz's cars are electronically limited to 155mph). either way, who goes that fast, anyway? you can't go that fast in most cars, and most of the people who own a car that can never do.

5. Re: kinda slow

yeah give me a break that car is going to be like 40 thou at least and you expect it to be souped up and raced? Anyone that could own this car should have respect for its perfection and be downright scared of having it over 70 on the freeway! And most of em are all old rich people anyways. But if i got this car id probly put in American Racing Torgue Thrust IIs on it, the back pair a little bigger and strut my muscle in an import world. Which brings me to another subject. I love the fact that muscle cars a re coming back and all but i kinda hate the fact that the cars i love are going to be everywhere and driven by everyone. Picture every single person that drives a honda civic and a focus to trade in their cars for a HEMI stratus or the new 2003 or 4 stang? Its like your original style is being taken over by all the deadbeat shallow craze-followers in this world. Doesnt that just tear you to pieces?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: kinda slow

What a beautiful car, inside and out. The 300 without the hemi was great. Chrysler just made a perfection even better. It'd be so sweet to pull up in a family sedan this luxurious and stomp some camaros and mustangs and hondas.

7. Re: kinda slow

How would you know if it is slow or not? Have you ever even gotten above 110 or 120 i think not alice. Oh and another thing when would a car like this get the chance to go above 160? And dont ever talk illy about the hemi saying that they should get a more powerful engine when the hemi is one of the greatest mmuscle engines of all time.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: kinda slow

They will never learn.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: kinda slow

The old mopar muscle, let alone hemi's ruled the road back in the day, and they still do in a way. But they were so damned heavy. Chrysler took a beautiful luxurious car, and put a kick ass engine in it, a MOPAR HEMI! This would be so sweet to cruise in with your chick by your side as you stomped some little honda. oooohhh

10. Re: kinda slow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SL500</i>
    <b>yeah give me a break that car is going to be like 40 thou at least and you expect it to be souped up and raced? Anyone that could own this car should have respect for its perfection and be downright scared of having it over 70 on the freeway! And most of em are all old rich people anyways. But if i got this car id probly put in American Racing Torgue Thrust IIs on it, the back pair a little bigger and strut my muscle in an import world. Which brings me to another subject. I love the fact that muscle cars a re coming back and all but i kinda hate the fact that the cars i love are going to be everywhere and driven by everyone. Picture every single person that drives a honda civic and a focus to trade in their cars for a HEMI stratus or the new 2003 or 4 stang? Its like your original style is being taken over by all the deadbeat shallow craze-followers in this world. Doesnt that just tear you to pieces?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> oh no you'r right if they do im gonna cry<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: kinda slow

uhhh im only 14 so what exactly makes a hemi v-8 a hemi v-8

12. Re: kinda slow

Yeah this things slow!

13. Re: kinda slow

It's still fast. 160 mph is good enough for me.

14. Re: kinda slow

Youre idiot name makes me kill you.

15. Re: kinda slow

Hemi, short for Hemispherical. Its the shape and arrangement of the heads.

16. Re: kinda slow

The old S 55 AMG had 370 HP and was slower.

17. Re: kinda slow

It is slow i guess, but its a convertibale luxury car, so it isnt supposed to be at 200+mph automobile

18. Re: kinda slow

Its faster than the Z8.

19. Re: kinda slow

Top speed is mostly determined by gear ratios. More gears means more speed capabilities, you idiot.

20. Re: kinda slow

Personally I think 353.0 bhp @ 0 rpm is...well...really strange. But seriously though, I do also think it's a bit slow. 353 bhp, with a Hemi V8, and 0-60 in almost 6 seconds? I don't know, I'm not that good with cars, but that does seem a little slow to me.

21. Re: kinda slow

You have a point there, but I doubt this thing is Hemi at all. Chrysler probaly put a Hemi badge to make customers think it's a powerful muscle car to attract them, but I doubt this Chrysler has Hemi power. Even for a car with a Hemi badge, yet, still no Hemi, it's pretty fast.

22. Re: kinda slow

to all of you dumb shit who thinks this is slow cuz it only goes 160, and the Z8 is slow cuz it only goes 155, THEY ARE GOVERNED, thats right, the company wont let them go any faster cuz some kid (much like most of you reading this) will try to go faster and kill them selves, with out the governer i bet theis car would do 180-190.

23. Re: kinda slow

Well my truck has a 4.6 liter V8 and doesn't get top end for shit. Why? Because the truck wasn't intended for top end, it was intended for low end grunt, so the engine was tuned as such and transmission designed as is. Can the engine and/or transmission be modified for top end power out the ass? YES!

I agree with whomever said this is a convertable luxury car and wasn't made for all out speed. I mean look at the super expensive luxury cars. They have BIG engines, but when it comes to performance they just weren't tuned with top end and balls-to-the-wall acceleration in mind. This is without even mentioning their weight.

I say they threw the hemi in this car for the "wow" factor you get with buying a luxury car. If you throw up so much money for a luxury car, you're gonna want a capable ("capable" is the word here) engine, it just comes with the territory. If they REALLY had any intention of impressing you with this engine in this particular car, it wouldn't be a luxury convertable. These engines are beasts. And for the record I have no bias towards any car's country of origin.

24. Re: kinda slow

This cars awsome, redefines the good old american styling, gorgeous, luxurious, and pretty damn fast. A HEMI sports car, ive been waiting for that... well, ive been waiting for another hemi since i was about 4 back in the 90's... hah. Got'em in the trucks, great job, those things r monsters, now just put them in a few cars, im guessing, this one (if its built) the 300C, Stratus R/T, Charger R/T, and thats really all i can think of, id be very happy with that lineup of Hemi cars.