Looks like a certain Rinspeed

Discussion in '2000 Panoz AIV Roadster' started by curv, Aug 10, 2002.

1. this car looks almost exactly like the Rinspeed Roadster from the '95 Geneva show. even the side intakes by the front wheels are the same.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

Your right, it does look like the Rinspeed Roadster. BUT, the AIV is twice as big. I've seen it in real life and it's bigger than a Prowler.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BYBYCOPS</i>
    <b>Your right, it does look like the Rinspeed Roadster. BUT, the AIV is twice as big. I've seen it in real life and it's bigger than a Prowler.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, the AIV is big. Thanks, Ford, for making a huge-ass engine that forces cool cars like this to be enormous. Still, though, it's light as anything and nimble as an Elise.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

Is this bigger than a Prowler? I've never been up close and personal with a Prowler like I have the AIV Roadster, but the Panoz didn't seem very big. I thought Prowlers were larger in the front and in the rear, also. I'd rather have the Panoz anyway.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

I'd rather have Caterham SS or Donkervoort D8 if you don't mind <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 2man</i>
    <b>I'd rather have Caterham SS or Donkervoort D8 if you don't mind </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good choices. If I haven't already promised my first 62,000 to a Panoz AIV Roadster I'd go w/ the D8. The Caterham just doesn't do it for me. It's nice, but it doesn't stand out as much as the AIV and the D8.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

oops,i did not specify-i had in view caterham 1.8 wc. in respect to design of course.panoz also is cool but cubic capacity is inadmissible for Europe.i don't know<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

The Panoz has been in production since 1990, so if they look the same, Rinspeed copied.

9. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

the rinspeed is based on this. rinspeed makes mods on cars already made, like RUF/Porsche, Ligenfelter/Corvette, Koeing/Ferrari...the AIV was out far before the rinspeed. they jsut put a 2000 on here.

10. Re: Looks like a certain Rinspeed

I just saw that Rinspeed and I would punch the guy at Rinspeed who deigned it in the face. They took a beautiful car and turned it into shiot.