MooTron F1: comeback!

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by MooSquad, Nov 19, 2004.

1. #701 pookkai, Dec 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    MooTron F1 caught testing today

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=72514

VERY VERY GOOD NEWS!

British-based F1 team BAR yesterday denied it had to shelve a radical gearbox design following a minor FIA rule tweak. It was reported that the planned 2005 innovation would have allowed Jenson Button and Takuma Sato to change gear without any loss in engine drive.

advertisement

However, the Technical Working Group imposed a mandatory 'gap' to separate gear changing. A spokeswoman told us: "It is not true that the new BAR-Honda gearbox has been banned for next year."

She did, though, decline to respond to whether 'any aspect' of the gearbox design had been affected by the TWG clarification.

2. MooTron F1 caught testing today

How's that good news? The rule still remains- there's a set time for upshifts amd downshifts. Anyway, BAR will be nothing compared to us.

3. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Only thing I'm still a little worried of, is the starting pace of the Renaults, do we have any system done already that would make us able to pwn them?

4. MooTron F1 caught testing today

I think a pair of small rocket engines would give use the power to out drag the renaults. This would also prevent other drivers from coming up from behind and trying to pass. Also right before turn one the rockets thrust will reverse slowing the car down for braking.

5. MooTron F1 caught testing today

ARTICLE 5: ENGINE
    5.1 Engine specification:
    5.1.1 Only 4-stroke engines with reciprocating pistons are permitted.
    5.1.2 Engine capacity must not exceed 3000 cc.
    5.1.3 Supercharging is forbidden.
    5.1.4 All engines must have 10 cylinders and the normal section of each cylinder must be circular.
    5.1.5 Engines may have no more than 5 valves per cylinder.
    5.2 Other means of propulsion:
    5.2.1 The use of any device, other than the 3 litre, four stroke engine described in 5.1 above, to power the car, is not permitted.
    5.2.2 The total amount of recoverable energy stored on the car must not exceed 300kJ, any which may be recovered at a rate greater than 2kW must not exceed
    20kJ.
    5.3 Engine intake air:
    5.3.1 Other than injection of fuel for the normal purpose of combustion in the engine, any device, system, procedure, construction or design the purpose or effect of which is any decrease in the temperature of the engine intake air is forbidden.
    5.3.2 Other than engine sump breather gases and fuel for the normal purpose of combustion in the engine, the spraying of any substance into the engine intake air is forbidden.
    5.4 Exhaust system:
    Variable geometric length exhaust systems are forbidden.
    5.5 Engine materials:
    5.5.1 The basic structure of the crankshaft and camshafts must be made from steel or cast iron.
    5.5.2 Pistons, cylinder heads and cylinder blocks may not be composite structures which use carbon or aramid fibre reinforcing materials.
    5.6 Starting the engine:
    A supplementary device temporarily connected to the car may be used to start the engine both on the grid and in the pits.
    5.7 Stall prevention systems:
    If a car is equipped with a stall prevention system, and in order to avoid the possibility of a car involved in an accident being left with the engine running, all such systems must be configured to stop the engine no more than ten seconds after activation.

in otherwords, no.

6. MooTron F1 caught testing today

They will just be described as engine warmers. Or possibly an engine starter.

7. MooTron F1 caught testing today

why dont we make a flat-10? much lower center of gravity, no? and the regulations dont say that we MUST use a V-format

8. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Yes they do. Maximum v-angle is 179 degrees.

9. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Nearly-flat 10 is a fine idea, rocket engines would cause a lot of trouble with the FIA.

10. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Actually a flat 10 would not lower your cg. This is because the entire engine would have to be raised to make room for the exhaust headers. This is why a slight v is the best.

11. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Actually a flat 10 would not lower your cg. This is because the entire engine would have to be raised to make room for the exhaust headers. This is why a slight v is the best.

12. MooTron F1 caught testing today

we;re working on slight v

as well as per-wheel clutch control, which is like a traction control system using clutches, which is a nice loophole.

13. MooTron F1 caught testing today

hm. i thought one team already tried that. anyways, is that johnny depp in ur dp?

14. MooTron F1 caught testing today

yah, willy wonka lol.

as for the per wheel clutch, they tried and failed, our clutch system is very similar to the one in the carrera gt

15. MooTron F1 caught testing today

No need to unnessarily get into trouble. We have bright minds who can figure out something legal which will enable us to pwn Renault's starts. I have no doubts.

16. MooTron F1 caught testing today

I'm not the one testing dipSH!T. My secret test drivers will test some components I designed!

17. MooTron F1 caught testing today

i... am.... LEAVING TOMOROW!

will talk to tha man for tha dough :D

18. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Dude, are you still doped up on sugar? Your posts are getting insane.

Have a safe trip!

19. MooTron F1 caught testing today

awesome, you got my.. uh.. mootron's bank account number?

20. MooTron F1 caught testing today

nope.
    but ill have the funds when i return on the 7th

and this time its 5 cans of tiefed red bull...whoo that stuff is strong.

21. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Safe is the key word here.

In any case, have fun dude!

22. MooTron F1 caught testing today

hey guys, it's my last most for at least the next day :D

i'm actually about to go out the door

have fun y'all

merry xmas, happy new year :D

23. MooTron F1 caught testing today

cya!

24. MooTron F1 caught testing today

BTW, Merry Christmas to all MooTron fellas.

25. MooTron F1 caught testing today

Merry Christmas to our personell, enjoy your well-deserved breaks with friends and family. We worked hard.