Murcielago or Carrera GT????????

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Christianmc, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Production Carrera GT - 5.7L V10 Producing 612 hp...Murcielago stands no chance...Still wanna disagree?

2. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Carrera GT no question about it

3. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Wow.
    This has been a passionate post, hasn't it?
    It's like Muslims and Christians.
    Might as well throw in my ten cents worth...

While I concede that the Porsche Carrera GT will no doubt make a more competent race car I would consider other factors when choosing a car, as either will smash all speed limits and either will go well fast enough for the average poser.

As a marque I believe Lamborghini have more class and style than Porsche, plus there are far less Lamborghinis on the road than Porsches, lending them an air of rarity and exclusivity equalled only perhaps by the likes of Bugatti or Aston Martin.

Although both cars look fantastic I also think the Murcielago is a nicer design, though that of course is subject to opinion, many will agree with me and many will disagree, as it seems to have a very aggressive 'love it or hate it' look about it.

So, I would choose the Murcielago in an instant, and when I saw a Carrera GT drive past have that little twinge of 'what if' course through my consciousness, much the same as I would if I'd chosen the Carrera GT over the Murcielago, before settling back into satisfied contentedness at my decision.

I'd wait for the coming Murcielago Barchetta though, the insane looking open top with even more HP already. If you look at the Gallardo with it's 5 litre V-10 engine pumping out 500 BHP (100 BHP/litre), it also shouldn't be long before the 6.2 litre Murcielago's hitting figures of 620 BHP and even more.

So, anyway, my decision here is one from the heart and not the head. Much like I'd still choose the Murcielago over the Ferrari Enzo which is obviously a faster and better handling car (except maybe in the wet, not sure yet), just because I think it looks better - and let's face it, any one of these three cars will have more than enough performance for any one of us.

And, by the way, there is a hardtop out for the Carrera GT now - it's two carbon fibre panels that store in the front luggage space, and it looks quite cool with the roof on too.

4. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

the new carrera GT will kick ass. i think they both look amazing, but im not sure if i like the shifter position of the carrera (rally style, close to the steering wheel). the lambo would turn more heads than a topless britney spears..........

5. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

MURCIELAGO is garbage... the 4wd is total gay and you can't floor the 4wd cars so they have to start out slow like ass before you could floor it and GT will be 200m infront by the time MURCIELAGO will be using its full power... and #$%# the 4wd... you don't need it when you race in straight line which is gay and takes no skill... the GT will rip apart the gay lambo....

6. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Shutup... You're the gay one... Heck you couldn't even afford this car even if you sold your house.

7. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Who would want to use the Murcielago in a Drag Race anyway?

8. MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

dont see any reason that you would want to drag race with a murcielago. lamorghinis rock and porsche could swallow their cock.

9. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

What the hell are you talking about? Ignorant n00b

10. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

how can any of yallz be holla'in at the carrera GT.Hell nahz, u must be straight trippen. The Lamborghini Murcielago is such a pimpa'. U need to cop it. Holla at ya boi, nahmee, nahmee, KEEPIN IT GANGSTA!!!

11. Re:

Hey here is a way you can settle this little dispute once and for all
    if you have ever played need for hot pursuit 2 before ypu will know that both of theese cars along with many other amazing cars are on this game
    i don't know how acurate the stats are but at least you can race the lambo and the porshe.

And in my best opinion the race will come down to driver talent rather that the faster/lighter car.

With any luck the lambo will win and this arument will end.

12. Re:
    MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

It seems like CarreraGTracer wants to change the guys who love the lambo to change their mind and love the porsche. i read in so many magazines that the production version of the carrera gt will have 612 horsepower, irepeat six hundred and twelve horsepower. and it would be competing with the Ferrari Enzo, McLaren-Mercedes SLR and (oddly) the Bugatti Veyron 16/4. And sorry for being such an ignorant N00B on my last post. anyway o have the lambo murcielago and i love it. nice car it is.

13. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

I couldn't decide they are both great cars but I would probably would rather have the Lamborghni because I could sell it and buy 6 Vipers

14. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

No no you have it all wrong...

I don't want you to change your love for Lambo because hell Lambo is awesome but all I'm trying to say is this...

Carrera GT is beating the Lamborghini Murcielago hands down in everything and yet people say that the Porsche has no chance...HOW???

15. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

The Carrera GT would be a better choice, because it costs a lot more, you can sell and get even more vipers.

16. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

im sorry that i got you all wrong. well my cousin has a gt2 and i like it well enought but the Lambo beats the Porsche in a some things and the Porsche beats it in some things too. i'd say they both are equal, but as you know, the production Carrera GT has 612 hp and youre right, the Porsche beats it in a straight line and it is meant to cope with the ferrari enzo and the ones that i listed there.

17. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

A GT2!!!! Can you post pictures of your cousins GT2?

18. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

19. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

20. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

21. Re:
    MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

well im using a labtop and i dont have a scanner. dont say that just because i drive a lambo and i should own a scanner. i have a picture of his gt2 with me, but i dont have a scanner. sorry man.

22. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

urghh...Can u scan it from somewhere?

23. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

First of all, the Carrera GT accelerates faster than the Lambo. 0-60 3.5 sec,0-100 6.04 sec. So I would take the GT. The GT kicks ass!!!

24. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

i cant decide i would just take both

25. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Exactly my point...Thanks