Now this is my kind of skyline

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by CLKGTRguy, Jan 26, 2003.

1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

mine too

3. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

not the best looking yet its the freaken fastest skyline ive seen

4. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

i think the r33 skyline is more attractive. granted it doesn't have the volumptuous curves (pardon my vocabulary) of some european exotics, but i grew to like the extrerior to this car a great deal. i especialyl love the taillights, which are usually the ugliest part of a car. if you've ever seen one in real life, it looks aggressive as hell.

5. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

They dont even need to make a new skyline. I'd be happy if they just strted making the r34 again and selling it here. Nobody can deny that they wouldnt sell a TON of them for around $50-$60k

6. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

yo man this skyline can smoke any lamborghini or ferrari (my opinion)

P.S.-SKYLINES RULE !!!

7. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

why aint this 1000horse the veil slide supra is

8. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

yea,I agree,especially with 850 Hp and 4WD and 6 speed transmission,it'll smoke any italian exotics...

japanese cars kix ass

9. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

too bad that's not true considering a stock porsche gt-2 smoked a 750 horsepower blitz supra on the tracks of nurburging. the skyline althoguht a good handling car, is extremely large, bulky, has a very large aerodynamic drag coefficient and heavy. notice that all road racing skylines make horsepower in teh 500 range (to make them more managaeable), have significant chassis modification (being much wider and lower than stock), and use rwd.

it is folly to think just because a car has a lot of horsepower means that i can run circles around a car with less horsepower on the track.

10. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

think about this man. This is a done-up skyline, twin-turbo, the works. A standard R34 GTR has 276horse power. A Lamborghini Diablo (verying from year to year) has about 550 horse power. Lamborghini Diablo's have no turbo, just raw power. Skyline GTR's, howeva, have twin-turbo, even in standard form.Think about wot would happen if u put twin turbo on a Diablo, or any exotic car, and a few more parts.

11. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

I think this is better looking, expect the paint job is shit. I think this would look good all silver

12. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

(or blue)

13. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

This is one SWEEETASSS car!!! In fact, all skylines kick ASS!!!

14. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

this skyline is sooooo cool!

15. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

Very valid comments

16. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

whoevre posted about skylines being heavy and all that and are not able to compete with italian exotics. you're totally right. 1300hp ATTESA-ETS isn't going to get you anywhere except straightforward. why do you think the GT500 class of the JGTC has skylines using RWD layout and hp not exceeding 600hp? because raw power dosen't drive the car through corners.

17. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

amen. without restrictions we'd just get gt racing in a group-b situation like the '80s with 700hp widow-makers that couldnt turn.

18. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

its not that its not possible. it would be very hard and expensive.

19. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

It's actually 327 hp at the rear with a twin turbo and a little over 220 w/o the tt. They lied because its illegal to make cars in japan over 276 hp out of the factory but not by modifiers. If you dont believe me look at the japanese 300zx, supra, and 3000gt and then the ones in america. The ones in america are 320 and in japan theyre 280. The skyline never made it to america, where the real stats would be shown. It's not the japs cant make lots of raw power like the diablo. it's just that its illegal. And btw its not as ez as u think it is to supe-up an exotic from what ive heard.

20. Re: Now this is my kind of skyline

its not illegal. there is no written law that says you can't make horsepower over 280 bhp. its just a 'gentleman's law' that is an informal agreement not to produce such vehicles. yet another exception would be the new subaru wrx sti which is rated 300 bhp and the new lancer which is sai to be over 300, but 'officially' to be 280. anyways its rumored that a japanese car manufacuturer will be breaking thsi agreement in the near future.

21. Re:

Nothing BEATS THE MCLAREN F1