oh hell yes

Discussion in '1970 Dodge Challenger R/T' started by camaroking396, Aug 9, 2002.

1. now this is one hemi that is gonna rip out the power of the jap caps or as i call them JAP RACERS if they think this car is going to die in the hall of fame they got another thing coming oh hell ya!

2. Re: oh hell yes

phat ass car. to bad those "ricers" as i call them aren't smart enough to get this!!

3. Re: oh hell yes

well of course why?

because i said so!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: oh hell yes

It has a pistol grip four speed, therefor, it wins

5. Re: oh hell yes

"oh yeah? well if I put $60 grand into my flimsy-4banger i could keep up with it" - your average honda dip-shit

6. Re: oh hell yes

Bene, perfect imitation. a lame rice-rocket couldnt touch this, more or less its big brother, the almighty '69 charger r/t with a 440 hemi, which i am surprized isnt on the list of past supercars. i really think it oughta be, dont you? we should riot till its put on! j/k.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: oh hell yes

There are no 440 Hemi's. There are 426 Hemi's and 440 Magnums. Either engine will eat an import up quite nicely.

8. Re: oh hell yes

This is pretty fast for older standards.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: oh hell yes

these mopar big blocks rule and will continue to do so.

10. Re: oh hell yes

Dude, imagine if there were tires back then like there are today? Man, i bet the et's would drop by about a sec and a half atleast. Sucks tire technology was so far behind. Damn these things sound great.

11. Re: oh hell yes

nothing sounds like a 426 hemi!

12. Re: oh hell yes

very good said!!!

13. Re: oh hell yes

on the track as well as on the drag strip the 426 hemi is king!

14. Re: oh hell yes

As far as Aussie muscle cars go, I've heard that the E49 R/T Charger can run 13.8 1/4s on today's tyres (as opposed to 14.4s on 70s tyres). So ETs can drop a long way.
    This car is right up there with the '70 Dodge Charger, the '72 Chrysler R/T E49 and the 365 GTC/4 in my books.

15. Re: oh hell yes

I just bought a Challenger R/T with a 440 6 Pack, compeltely stock engine. What do I need to put in it to make it compete?

16. Re: oh hell yes

just put supreme fuel unleaded gasoline, buy some good year eagle drag tires along with a set of wheels and go to the drag strip!!

17. Re: oh hell yes

nothing.

18. Re: oh hell yes

Jackass... the car is fast for any standards. The challenger would beat a (new) vette if the challenger had a five speed.

19. Re: oh hell yes

may i ask what a gtc/4 is aussie guy ?

20. Re: oh hell yes

To the guy who bought the Challanger. Dude you dont need to add anything to that alrrady. A 440+6 Pack... you are already pushing about 400 horse. Dude just take that car out and smoke those hondas.

21. Re: oh hell yes

This thing would smoke an import any day, and they would'nt even stand a chance.........

22. Re: oh hell yes

or the GM 454.

23. Re: oh hell yes

well yes the 454 but the ls6 450hp version nevertheless the 426ci hemi has an impressive palmares in drag as well as in nascar something that the 454 hasn't.

regards

426hemistage8

24. Re: oh hell yes

Wide, thick tires on simple (not fancy) wheels. That and one of those pine-scented thingys to put on your rear-view, hehe.

25. two possibilities :eek:ne is the show the other is drag strip

hi

as i said previously keep your car stock.Keep the original set of wheels (magnum or steel wheels with their deep dish covers and f60-15 polyglass tires) for show and buy another set of wheels american racing torque thrust2 fitted with modern tires for drag.
    good luck with your car

regards

426hmistage8