Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Simon likes to tamper with the genitals of small animals.

2. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

why are ford lovers always bagging holdens and vice-versa? i know about the v8 supercars but cant you guys just look at the cars for their qualities rather than their makes? seriously, this is a good car, yes its a pontiac so technically speaking not a holden, and NO IT IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE HSV GTO, that is a COMPLETELY different car. this version is closer to the HSV GTS, though this one makes 301kw as opposed to 300kw (americans just have to be better), but because of weight gain and gear ratios, it does 0-100 in 5.2 as opposed to 5.1 for the GTS. and as for talking about the xr6 turbos etc, WHO CARES? REALLY? saying a XR6 Turbo could whoop this things arse is a #$%#ing load of shit and everyone knows that, so just shut the #$%# up. are you going to compare it to every car you come across? how about you compare it to something in the same price range? like an evo 7 or a r34 gt-r (australian prices, not american)? they can both rip the absolute shit through this but they aren't really comparable. you may now talk about the v8 legacy of ford and holden but the #$%#ing xr6T is a jap rip-off, its a bloody good car but its still a jap rip-off. and also, for everyone who comes in here and says "this thing is a piece of shit", when you get a better car then you can say shit like that, but while your still mostly driving your mums pulsar go #$%# yourself

3. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Ohh, such intelligence. Did that come out of yur A$$? :)

4. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

5. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

alexr33gtr youve got no idea. Australians have always had a preffered make and there is always people who say their most like brand is better but of course someone else is going to disagree. The GTO is closer to the HSV GTO than the GTS as it will have the same 260kw engine (not 301kw as you said). Eould also like to no where you got those aceleration figures from

6. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Man u Americans are the biggest load of whiney bich asses

Your getting a V8 wwith 6 speed manual and rear wheel drive?

after the crap thet the big 3 have been dishing up for years you should be doing handstands
    (Mustang , f body and viper , excluded)

At least this car shows that GM is waking up from decades of bad management and product planning
    Lutz has GM on the right track
    Gm will b making a lot better cars from now on

GM will use Holdens expertise in rear wheel drive to make GM;s next generation of rear wheel drive cars

so u yanks should be kissing ausie asses

Ponycarpilot iwas talking quality in comparison to Ausie muscle cars

in a recent comparison between the Monaro and Mustangcobra R in a motoring magazine
    this was said
    The interior of the Mustang is a cross between an early 90's Hyundai and 80's Fiat just terrible
    the panel gaps are wide and inconsistent enough to park a small European car in
    The Monaro feels like a Mercedes S class in comparison
    The myth of the America muscle car is dead
    Autralia builds far better ones these days

Whats wrong with Gm giving Americans this car?
    theresnothing wrong with it
    u might not like its understated styling

but the f body crowd is not its target market
    that market has been shrinking for years

7. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Back on topic, I'd give this at least an 8, maybe a 9. With an LS1 and rear-wheel drive, it doesn't get much better from GM.

8. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

well personaly me I think a 8.9 would be my veredict only cause this car is not pontiacs unike idea and they had to copy it from somobody else butt still it's an ok car I would love to have one of these!!!

9. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Well actually they didn't copy it.

Holden sent some over to them and they fiddled around increasing power and the like.

They then attached an ugly-arsed nose to the front.

Apart from those aspects its all Holden.

10. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

7.5. a spoiler and a side air intake would make it look better.

11. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

It has a spoiler on it. i think it looks better without it

12. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

CityGangrel #$%#s his mom as a parts time job. You probably drive a Honda shit or something like that. How much you have to pedal? 2 mph is too fast 4 U. That's why you drive an import. I'll give you 50 cents for it....wait, that's still to much. How's about a nickel? Still too much. Shut your mother-#$%#in mouth.

FUH-Qbitch

13. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Here this is what the original car looks like.
    Now cast you vote the original Vs the poor old Pontiac.
    I think it would be safe to say everyone would agree HSV's GTO Coupé is better than Pontiac's re-badged GTO.

14. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

In my last post the picture on the left is the HSV GTO Coupé and the pic on the right is the Pontiac GTO.

You can click on the image for a better viewing.

15. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I give it a 9.8, a spoilier would be nice.

16. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

4.5 This car was a little disapointing. I love the older GTO's but this looks like the grand prix with a little more power.
    Try Try again.

17. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i'd give it a 4 or 5 , cuz i ain't really feeling that grill and it lags power

18. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

its a nice monaro, ill give the monaro a 7
    ill give this a 4 for originality

19. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

3 for originality, only thing they changed was the front grille and they done a bad job. overall - 5. i've seen better with better performance.

20. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Agree and disagree.
    Those Mustang GT's are shit. I hope the 2003 Mustang GT comes out. Now that's what I call a work of art. Pontiac did steal the Monaro design. That's pretty #$%#ing gay. I thought Pontiac was creative, until they created the GTO. Although the car looks nice, I can only see a Monaro with a GTO badge. It's a shame, really. Besides, if Pontiac wanted to make an American Monaro, at least don't call it a GTO. The GTO is classic. If I were the CEO of Pontiac, I would come up with another design for the GTO, instead of ripping off the Monaro.
    As for calling the Corvette shit, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU SMOKING?!!! Corvettes are fast, and man, that ZO6 kicks ass. I don't know, but if you think the Corvette sucks, then you can kiss my fast-car loving ass!

21. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i'd give it an 8. what can i say i love the goat and i think they did a good job picking the holden. it may not be original but its a great car, it does need a bit of a meaner stance though...

22. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Monaros look pretty nice. In fact, I don't think making an American Monaro is a problem, but calling a Monaro a GTO, now that's what gets me. The GTO is classic muscle car. It was actually one the kings of muscle. Although the Mustang, Camaro, and Charger rule the streets, the GTO ruled alongside.
    However, if you're gonna name a car based from a foreign company after a classic muscle car, then that's really lame. I don't know, but that's what I think. You may disagree, but it's my opinion.

23. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Yes, this is a small but significant step backwards in pontiacs reinvention or revamping of itself. However, it is nice that pontiac is bringing back a beloved American icon, its just in the wrong form. If Pontiac really wants to make a positive commotion, it should design an original GTO with historic styling cues. It should create something Americans can call their own without these Aussies badgering us with their pathetic accusations of Pontiac ripping off their design. On the contrary, we Americans are just using a car that we already own to "design" a car for the states. Badge engineering. Think for a second you Australians, you'll see that GM owns Holden which in turn is the bases for HSV vehicles. But, back to the subject, if Pontiac expects loyal fans like those of the past GTO's, it needs a better path to its glory. Please, Pontiac, ur next generation GTO needs to be built from scratch, or you'll develope a worse reputation that u have now.

24. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

To biuld a car from scratch is very expensive to develop and fairly pointless when there is a car available to them that would do just a good a job of being a muscle car with a gto badge as anything built from scratch and would also be alot cheaper

25. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Thats my point, if pontiac isnt willing to spend money to create a better car that will better fit the nameplate, then they shouldnt bother naming it a GTO