Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Um, this isn't about originality!! It's about the looks and everything else aside! I guess you guys didn't understand. Oh well. Anyway the old GTO's were rebadged to, but I guess you guys didn't think of that........

2. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i would give this a 6 the power is decent the styling is just bad its like pontiacs design team just take the grand am and apply the same look to everyone of their other cars

3. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

They took the monaro and applied the same look as tehir other cars. it has nothing to do with the grand am

4. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

`

5. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i hate this car...i think that they just totally f*cked with the gto's former image....it was known as a f*cking badass muscle car and nw known as a piece of sh!t on wheels that looks like a grand am mixed with a mazda protege and for that i rate it a 1

6. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Do you have to go into every gto thread and bag a car that you have never even driven? It is a great car that is very fast, good looks (well the monaro version at least) and handles well. Look s nothing like a mazda.
    So say something other than "this car is sh!t" all the time. You wanka

7. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

how many times have u seen this car in person?...u prolly havent and if u did u would know i dont need to say anything other than its a piece of shit b/c thats all it is in my eyes a piece of #$%#ing shit

8. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

You really are a fool. I live in australia and these are a common site on our roads. They are also at all the motorshows. I also own a commodore (a 4 door version of the monaro) so dont say im not qualified to talk about one of these.

I bet your the one who has never seen one and its pretty hard to judge something without knowing anything at all about it. Do some research before making such a strong opinion about something you dickhead

9. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Do you even know anything about the old school GTO's?

10. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I know. The Asstek was a bad idea. The Sunfire is basically just another economy car like the Cavalier. The Vibe is okay, but Pontiac needs to turn it into a hot hatchback to compete with the other high-performance sport compacts. The Grand Am is basically just a cheaper, useless Grand Prix. Pontiac pretty much has a useless line-up of cars.

11. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i wood rate this a 4 compared to the old one...i love old cars. if u want sumthin like this...jus buy the new intrepid.

12. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

A SOLID ZERO!!!

It sucks just as much as the rest of them.
    oh yeah... F-Bodys as well. Worthless.

700HPCIVIC
    "Dude, you just got beat by a Civic, bet you feel retarded?"

13. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i wud it a 4 or 5 cuz it looks gay they made it look like a grand am

14. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

8, the older ones look much, much better, but of course, there is nothing wrong with this one. Love it, but not worth a 10.

15. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I rate this an 8.8 WHY? well the exterior I rate an 8.2. Pretty nice, solid looking clean. Nothing to dramatic. But THE INTERIOR!!! WHOLLY SHIT MAN!!! LOOK AT IT!!!! The interor is a 9.9 truly. 9.9 amazing. Yahll just lookin at the exterior. The interior is what your going to see most of the time. DONT FORGET THE INTERIOR!!

16. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

THe interior is really nice but im surprised how much credit its getting. Yes its nice but holden and hsv make a lot nicer interiors in the calais as well as in the hsv gts coupe

17. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

mind-less prick, give a reason for your rating. the car has 340hp and 360lbs of torque i give it an 9,great drivetrain, great interior, needs a little cuvier lower chassis to be a 10, i guess i'm just gonna miss the f-body. and in response to your signature: "Dude you RACE a CIVIC how retarded do you feel?"

18. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Outrageously priced Pontiac Camry or Pontiac Accord. No innovative design; just a big engine in a crappy looking car. Who cares how fast it goes? I wouldn't buy a Honda or Toyota either because they all look the same. Now they want to charge triple the price for the same looking car - GOOD LUCK!

nuff said.

19. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

In terms of Styling about a 3 maybe a 4. For a corporate division that claims to build excitement, the styling on this car is anything but. Otherwise I love the idea of bringing back the GTO. For the rebirth of a legendary muscle car the styling cues are weak. Give the car some styling worthy of the Judge

20. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I would rate this about an 8.0. I think that Pontiac is on the right track, especially in an age of largely diminishing performance. I would have made the car itself quite a bit lower and wider. And a bit closer in appearance to the recently discontinued Trans Am.

I have also noticed that several people have said that they would like to see the new GTO with 400+ HP. I'm not saying that I wouldn't, but realistically speaking, what is the point? What you have to remember is that, even it its heyday, the original GTO's 389 generated "only" 325 HP. In today's market, the 340 HP supplied by the new GTO's LS-1 is going to be considered overkill. Especially for a car as benign-looking as this. There is also no way that Chevy is going to make a car that out-performs their flagship Corvette.

21. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

You obviously havent been up close to one in real life, they look great in real life and no picture does it justice. Look nothing like an accord or camry

Also for people who think the car should come with more power, 300kw+ can be had easily and cheaply just by minor exhaust, cold air intake and engine management modifications

22. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

What he said.

23. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

agreed, but a rear drive impala and impala ss would be a nice vehicle toadd on to your list.

24. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I would give it a 8.5 looks too much like its australian cousin

25. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'll give Pontiac a 1.5 for design or lack there of, since all they did was switch the engine, and change the lights a little from the Australian car. But a 9.0 for bringing back V8 RWD muscle cars.