Re: 9000 RPM? Honda Redlines are insane!

Discussion in '2001 Honda Integra Type R' started by hondapwrd, Aug 9, 2002.

1. f*** torque. we're talkin about the 9000 RPM redline here. the bottom line is that honda has the tehcnology to make them that high. last i hear, the GM was still trying to figure out what DOHC means.

2. oh just a note on your anti honda site, on your "similarities between a honda civic..." page, thats NOT an F1 car. thats a CART car. turbo V8 is CART. F1 has N/A 3.0 Litre V10.<!-- Signature -->

3. AND WITH THE NEW INTEGRA WHAT WERE THEY THINKING IT'S LIKE WY TOO HIGH AND THE FIRST THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET IT LOWERED!<!-- Signature -->

4. 9000 RPM? Honda Redlines are insane!

that's what you get from a company that made bikes for so long ans so well, what is with the Integra and s2000 redline??

they should change it, honda engines rev way to high.... i like honda but the revs are ..... no word to describe it<!-- Signature -->

5. Im with sickboy on this, he has a car HE likes and loves to drive. An Integra GSR is a lively zippy car to drive, it gets great gas mileage and is reliable beyond comprehension. THE only reason some of you guys piss on hondas so much is because of the kids who do stupid shit to them and act like they are the worlds greatest cars. Which they are not, however VTEC is a great efficient system and is there for when you want to use it. Its not gods gift to engines, nor are pushrods, turbos or anything for that matter. Each has its strenghts and weaknesses, also it comes down to PERSONAL preferance. To the guy with the anti honda site, your no #$%#ing better than any kid who goes on about hondas being the greatest cars on the planet. What makes your cars the greatest car on the planet? Pushrods? Lots of displacement? Well thats you, not us and by you putting up that site it makes you just as dickless and ignorant as all the people your out to piss off. Listening to some of you guys talk its exactly the same as listening to the honda morons talk. Your no differnt, nor are you any better. I LOVE high reving motors, high end power-bands, but thats me. And what gives you the right to bash my car? There are a few Hondas out there that will chew up a dodge viper in all its 8L glory and shit it out on the track and dragstrip, and these Hondas are naturaly aspirated 1.8L motors. Whats my point in saying this you say? Simple, you all act like there is no such thing as a GOOD honda, its like a disease for you. And frankly that makes you no better than racists, nazis or anyone who hates on other people because they are different or like somthing other than you. You like American V-8's? Pushrods? COOL, theres nothing wrong with that. HOWEVER I like high-reving DOHC cars, and nothing no matter how convicing you say will change my mind on that. No car is perfect and all you stupid shits fail to realize that. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: sickboy9

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from YamahaR6</i>
    <b>The fact that U R on these forums and indicates that you are a car enthusiast.

I admit that I didn't think previously that Camaros were anything special (but then, I also didn't care for F1 cars); but I appreciate them for what they are: cheap speed machines; and they don't do too badly on the race track either.

I agree that they may not feel as "well-oiled" as an Acura, with it's smooth steering, brakes and shifter, but the result is the same. THe problem is those who think that numbers mean everything.

However, I would suggest that you learn to appreciate what they have to offer rather than resorting to idiotic statements about their age, and 'lack of technology.'

And I would venture that someone who doesn't like the basso profundo rumble of a late 60s musclecar has no right calling themself a "car enthusiast."

PS: A Q?: today a "Bullit" mustang (2002) rumbled past me at work: but it didn't say "BULLITT" at the back bumper, it had the "Torque-Flite" wheels or whatever they are called, and the "metal" gas cap, and sure sounded like a V8, but it said, "MUSTANG" on the back bumper, and I thot. that those are V6s.

Anyone care 2 enlighten me? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

"Idiotic", huh? Have you read anything I've posted? I've tried to appreciate what they have to offer... as I see it, they don't really offer anything that I want. Once again, it's my opinion. If you like them, go for it! Everything I have said has been in reaction to things I disagree with. That doesn't mean that I am right, and it doesn't mean that others are wrong. We're here to discuss, right? Well, things like the word "idiotic" aren't conducive to the discussion.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JRX</i>
    <b>AND WITH THE NEW INTEGRA WHAT WERE THEY THINKING IT'S LIKE WY TOO HIGH AND THE FIRST THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET IT LOWERED!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I dun't see anything wrong if it has high rpm, since it has low-end torque.<!-- Signature -->

8. #8 beliveinfiction, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JRX</i>
    <b>AND WITH THE NEW INTEGRA WHAT WERE THEY THINKING IT'S LIKE WY TOO HIGH AND THE FIRST THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET IT LOWERED!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I dun't see anything wrong if it has high rpm, since it has low-end torque.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

People like your prove that hondas are nothing but a trend. You have no idea what your are talking about. This car has All HIGH END TORQUE. High revs make for a high and narrow powerband. In other words the engine is relatively lifeless untill you hit 6000 rpms and then redlines shortly after at 8000.

my anti-honda site:
    www.geocities.com/gohomerice/honda.html

9. #9 buzzbomber, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from beliveinfiction</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JRX</i>
    I dun't see anything wrong if it has high rpm, since it has low-end torque.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

People like your prove that hondas are nothing but a trend. You have no idea what your are talking about. This car has All HIGH END TORQUE. High revs make for a high and narrow powerband. In other words the engine is relatively lifeless untill you hit 6000 rpms and then redlines shortly after at 8000.

my anti-honda site:

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->proving yet again that you are ignorant. the variable valve and lift timing creates a much more useable powerband, and the i-VTEC makes the torque curve almost linear. <!-- Signature -->

10. #10 beliveinfiction, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buzzbomber</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from beliveinfiction</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>

my anti-honda site:

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->proving yet again that you are ignorant. the variable valve and lift timing creates a much more useable powerband, and the i-VTEC makes the torque curve almost linear. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Lets see an Acura RSX Type S makes 142lb ft of torque @ 6000 rpms,(automobile magazine) hmmm sure sounds like high end torque to me? It does make slightly more torque at slightly lower rpms than a type-R engine that I was basicaly refering to before. But this is because it's 2.0 liter displacement vs. 1.8 . Vtec should not have anything to do with it. This will not produce the flat torque curve that you claim. Once again flatter than an integra? yes, a true flat curve from idle to red line? hell nah. Next time you want to call me ignorant why dont you bring some facts to the argument?

11. #11 buzzbomber, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from beliveinfiction</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buzzbomber</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from beliveinfiction</i>

my anti-honda site:

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->proving yet again that you are ignorant. the variable valve and lift timing creates a much more useable powerband, and the i-VTEC makes the torque curve almost linear. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Lets see an Acura RSX Type S makes 142lb ft of torque @ 6000 rpms,(automobile magazine) hmmm sure sounds like high end torque to me? It does make slightly more torque at slightly lower rpms than a type-R engine that I was basicaly refering to before. But this is because it's 2.0 liter displacement vs. 1.8 . Vtec should not have anything to do with it. This will not produce the flat torque curve that you claim. Once again flatter than an integra? yes, a true flat curve from idle to red line? hell nah. Next time you want to call me ignorant why dont you bring some facts to the argument? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->okay. well, the RSX type S IS the integra GS-R. also, it reaches its maximum peak power about 2000 rpm lower than the older generation integra TYPE R! not to mention, there is a new integra type R (coming to the states perhaps as the RSX type R) with an even more potent powerplant. i-VTEC doesnt make more torque. i never said that. but it DOES make the torque more useable all across the powerband. compare the K20c engine of the new integra (RSX) to the older B18c engines of the last gen integra. you will see that the curve is much more beautiful on the newer models. <!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CORNERHO</i>
    <b>PISS ON V-TEC? SHOW ME MAJOR DEVELOPMENT IN AMERICAN 6s AND 8s IN THE LAST 10YRS.AFTER YOU SEARCH AND SEE THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEN CLEAN UP YOUR PISS B-4 A V-TEC WHIPS YOU WITH A ROLLED NEWS PAPER.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->ummm hate to break it to you but no stock VTEC engine could run with and LT1 or an LS1 And guess what they wont touch Pontiacs 3800 series II engine either so umm guess what VTEC doesnt touch any of our V'S <!-- Signature -->

13. Newer aint better.

First lets go Push Rods VS. OHC.

OHC allows the engine to rev higher because it removes the pushrods which become bullets that shoot through the rockers at 6800rpm. Although I've heard stories of stock big block mopars hitting 7000rpm before trouble brewed.

But all in all OHC = Higher revs.

So thats great higher revs, why would you want anything else right? Because Higher revs translates to horsepower doesn't it?

eherm.

Anyways.

Push rods.

Push rod engines are lighter weight,because for one thing they generally only have 1 cam shaft, whereas an OHC engine will have anywhere between 1 and 4, or 8 in the case of the W16 engine.

Anybody here whos actually WORKED WITH CARS before would note that camshafts aren't too modest when it comes to weight.

Obviously they come nowhere near the mass of a crank shaft, but they are still made of metal, and as we all know metal is heavy.

So lets compare a Push rod V8 with a DOHC V6.

The DOHC V6 can do some pretty crazy reving compared to the Push Rod V8.

But it has its limitations over the push rods. In Order to gain those impractical revs and excellent exhaust flow it has to have 4 cam shafts. 2 per cylinder bank. That adds weight to the car itself.

But it also adds weight to the moving components of the engine. And I hope we're all attuned to the laws of physics to know that a heavier set of moving components for the engine translates to less efficient operation. That is also why "power per litre" means "f*ck all"
    ---
    Becuase say you took that lovely 240HP torqueless vtec Soft drink(2L) engine and bored it and stroked it or even added an extra bank of cylinders to it that was identical to the first and brought it up to 4 Litres.

Now I guarantee you wouldn't even come close to 480HP.(double the original)

and I guarantee you wouldn't even come close to 400.

Heck you would probably hit a score over 300 if you were lucky.

So that was my temporary rant about power per litre.
    ---

So here you have a less efficiently running engine. It needs to burn more gas to achieve its objective.

But it can rev higher.

So now you have a small gas guzzling V6 engine that can rev 8000rpm and scream like a mouse in heat. It makes an earth shaking 260HP.

Or does the earth really shake?

It only makes that horsepower becuase its torque band extends into such high rpm. But the extra load on the internals of having not 1, not 2, not even 3 but 4 cam shafts to turn, eats away at its low end torque.

But thats okay, thats where "Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control"(VTEC) comes into play right?

Well lets see, so you get more lift, so you get more power from that, and you have 1 cam profile suited to low end application and 1 cam profile suited to high end application right?

Well good for that. Now you can expend more gas at low and high rpm!

You still don't have enough torque to give you any real kick at the low rpm.

and your mid range power could still use a little work.

Congratulations you've created a high reving DOHC Mouse.
    ---
    So What about pushrods? they are primitive old technology, AMERICAN PRIMITIVE OLD TECHNOLOGY BAD! YOU FUNNY SLOW AMERICAN HEEHEEHEE.

Well hold on there Mr. and/or Mrs. Import.

Push rods may be old,

But they keep the engine weight down.

and inevidibly keep the weight of the internals down.

So to make up for the inefficiency of having a larger bore on a larger engine, you have much lighter internals. Therefor you not only save on fuel consumption per litre

but you gain on that power per litre bullcrap.

But in the long term, they make more power per gas burned.

Becuase they are able to use it more efficiently.

So the push rods become bullets at 6800rpm, thats what a rev limiter is designed for is it not?

And besides, why would you need to waste gas reving at 8900rpm to reach your power peak? A Low-mid end torque peak is an excellent thing. Because it makes a smooth well balanced power curve. The Torque is high at lower points creating solid off the line acceleration. and after about 5800rpm the torque may start diminishing, but Hell, HP = TQ * RPM /5252, So you get more power for the torque anyways. So What else could you ask for? The torque band is still enough to hold the power peak steady until you are done climbing revs. and ready for the next gear, with the same beastly performance.

And even with an idiot shifting it'll still shift into the power band because its so broad. Unless you skip 4 gears.

14. after skipping all that, i have two things to say.

1)so i guess a non-broad, little powerband is good?

2)go tell the glory of OHV to ferrari, Formula One, porsche, etc. you know. all the best engineered and most well thought out companies in the world. <!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buzzbomber</i>
    <b>after skipping all that, i have two things to say.

1)so i guess a non-broad, little powerband is good?

2)go tell the glory of OHV to ferrari, Formula One, porsche, etc. you know. all the best engineered and most well thought out companies in the world. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You dont learn very fast do you?
    1) Why the hell would you want a small and high power band? That gives you no off the line power and then the power you do have is short lived; Which equals more shifts which equals loss in acceleration. Regardless of the cars make or powertrain.

2) And we TOLD Ferrari a long time ago about OHV glory. It was a little somthing called the Ford GT40, a 7.0 PUSH ROD V8 and it ate ferrari's for breakfast, so pay your respects.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>

Has low end torque? Do you even think before you speak? The PEAK torque on this HIGH REVING engine is only about 150 ft/lbs. Usually when people are talking about good low end torque they're talking about cars that have 300+ ft/lbs at about 2000 RPM. At 2, 3, and even 4000 RPM I'd be really surprised if this even broke 100 ft/lbs.

I don't know why Honda boys get such a hard-on about high reving engines. Smaller diplacement engines are easier to rev to high RPM. If you decrease the length of the piston stroke you are capable of reving the engine higher but torque suffers. Increase the stroke and you create a lot more torque, but it will not rev as high (such as diesel engines). Also, higher RPM creates more wear and tear on your engines. Not to mention the fact that the higher your RPM, the lower your torque relative to the horsepower.

Make a 1 liter 3 cylinder engine that has 150 horsepower per liter and revs to 10,000 RPM, and all the Honda boys cream their pants thinking it's the greatest engine on earth.
    Folks, all that would equate to is a 150 horsepower engine which makes about 75 ft/lbs of torque and takes forever and a day to get there. <!-- Signature -->

17. First of all you're a complete moron if you think General Motors doesn't build any DOHC motors. Second, the LS6 engine (yes, it's a pushrod) pumps out 405 horsepower, 400 ft/lbs of torque, gets 28 mpg highway, meets smog standards in all 50 states, and has ran CIRCLES around Honda's flagship (the NSX) time after time, test after test.

You're right, Honda's technology is amazing (sarcasm). Just take a look at the NSX. It has DOHC (wow! dohc!) and an 8000 RPM redline. What does that give you? An engine with LESS horsepower, LESS torque, and MORE fuel consumption than the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (which happens to cost $40,000 LESS).

What do Honda boys brag about?
    High redline, V-TEC, DOHC, Horsepower per Liter - (all of which do nothing for performance).

What do domestic men brag about?
    0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, track times.

By the way, DOHC engines have been around for many, many decades. Just about every car maker on earth have used them from time to time (including General Motors). I don't know why there are so many ignorant kids like you that think everything Honda does is high tech.
    <!-- Signature -->

18. #18 beliveinfiction, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SeansVette</i>
    <b>First of all you're a complete moron if you think General Motors doesn't build any DOHC motors. Second, the LS6 engine (yes, it's a pushrod) pumps out 405 horsepower, 400 ft/lbs of torque, gets 28 mpg highway, meets smog standards in all 50 states, and has ran CIRCLES around Honda's flagship (the NSX) time after time, test after test.

You're right, Honda's technology is amazing (sarcasm). Just take a look at the NSX. It has DOHC (wow! dohc!) and an 8000 RPM redline. What does that give you? An engine with LESS horsepower, LESS torque, and MORE fuel consumption than the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (which happens to cost $40,000 LESS).

High redline, V-TEC, DOHC, Horsepower per Liter - (all of which do nothing for performance).

By the way, DOHC engines have been around for many, many decades. Just about every car maker on earth have used them from time to time (including General Motors). I don't know why there are so many ignorant kids like you that think everything Honda does is high tech.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Amen brother well said! just a couple small comments. GM dose build DOHC engines but dont use them for there proformance vehicles (Used in the Trail Blazer sunfire ect) Secondly Americans made 16v DOHC 4 cylinders before we made pushrod V8's. That's what the model T was packing.(see below) Thats back when a japaneese car was an oxymoron. The japaneese haven't really pioneered anything mechanically or in the styling sense. Even your beloved VTEC, ive read articles that cadilac had experimented with variable valve timing in the 80's.

My anti-honda site: www.geocities.com/gohomerice/honda.html

19. high rpms kick ass. its really nice getting your engine screaming.
    american cars are mostly 6 or 7000rpm redline, for me its kind of boring shifting at 6000rpm when i usually shift around 3500-4000rpm.
    however american cars have huge engines so the low end torque supplies most of the power delivered to the wheels.
    hondas like the one you see above has a smaller displacement engine so it doesnt have that much torque, so it uses the horsepower and expands the powerband to around 8000rpm to get maximum power.
    if you dont like it, you dont like it. if you like it, you like it. everyones perference is different

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SeansVette</i>
    <b>First of all you're a complete moron if you think General Motors doesn't build any DOHC motors. Second, the LS6 engine (yes, it's a pushrod) pumps out 405 horsepower, 400 ft/lbs of torque, gets 28 mpg highway, meets smog standards in all 50 states, and has ran CIRCLES around Honda's flagship (the NSX) time after time, test after test.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

DOHC, pushrods are not cams

21. I don't understand what the redline has to do with anything. So it tops out at 9K... so fcuking what? What the hell is the debate about here? Old v. New? American v. Japanese? Four v. Eight?

Who gives a shit? Honestly.

I have a '98 Integra GSR. 1.8 DOHC VTEC, 170hp. It's plenty for me. More importantly, it's more practical for everyday use. And I'll tell you why.

I don't care about hp/displacement, or mechanical efficiency, or weight, or any of that crap, so don't argue with me about it. I'll ignore you, or maybe I'll call you a stupid fcuk. I haven't decided yet. What I want to delve into here is far more important to me, and I'm sure to a good portion of you as well.

Cost.

You talk about power generated per fuel consumed. Fine. You have a five zillion hp V8 that consumes fuel accordingly. My Integra got 42.83 mpg over the 500 or so miles that I drove on my last vacation. Chalk one up for the four under cost of operation.

You have neglected to mention insurance. With my age, marital status, and my car's specs, my insurance is a steep $170 a month. Double the number of cylinders under my hood, and what happens is entirely predictable. That's right, insurance becomes unattainable with a V8. Now, everyone's insurance is different, so this one is split. If you can afford it, or if your record is good enough, go for it. I'll just laugh at your stupid ass when you pull up next to me and expect me to race you. You feel good beating up kids? Well, why would you bother trying to race a car that can't compete with your five zillion hp V8? Put your dick back in your pants and stop trying to extend it. Moron.

Item three is reliability. The four wins hands down. Yes, I know, you have an uncle who drove a '74 Chevy Nova with a 350 for 500 million miles, and never even had to change the oil. You and all the other V8 fans in the world. It has been proven that while the reliability of V8 cars is not universally bad, it is not as good as imports. Sorry, that's fact, and it has been for decades. There's another point for the Four.

And as for technology... fine, pushrods still work. Guess what? Steam engines still work, too. Do you want to do a steam engine swap into your car? Would you buy a black and white TV? Do you go out looking for an 8 Track player for your car? Didn't think so. As I see it, the General's refusal to dispense with outdated technology is an insult to it's customers and fans.

Soo... what the hell is the debate here? Your car is better than mine? Fine, if that helps you sleep at night, your car is better than mine. Whatever makes you happy. Now go hop in your 5 zillion hp penis extension and go race some Hyundais. You know you want to!!

22. dude thats like one of the best posts ive ever read. you like read the inner depths of my mind. i feel EXACTLY the same way about closed minded domestic fans that hate hondas so much. grr..<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sickboy9</i>
    <b>I don't understand what the redline has to do with anything. So it tops out at 9K... so fcuking what? What the hell is the debate about here? Old v. New? American v. Japanese? Four v. Eight?

I have a '98 Integra GSR. 1.8 DOHC VTEC, 170hp. It's plenty for me. More importantly, it's more practical for everyday use. And I'll tell you why.

I don't care about hp/displacement, or mechanical efficiency, or weight, or any of that crap, so don't argue with me about it. I'll ignore you, or maybe I'll call you a stupid fcuk. I haven't decided yet. What I want to delve into here is far more important to me, and I'm sure to a good portion of you as well.

Cost.

You talk about power generated per fuel consumed. Fine. You have a five zillion hp V8 that consumes fuel accordingly. My Integra got 42.83 mpg over the 500 or so miles that I drove on my last vacation. Chalk one up for the four under cost of operation.

You have neglected to mention insurance. With my age, marital status, and my car's specs, my insurance is a steep $170 a month. Double the number of cylinders under my hood, and what happens is entirely predictable. That's right, insurance becomes unattainable with a V8. Now, everyone's insurance is different, so this one is split. If you can afford it, or if your record is good enough, go for it. I'll just laugh at your stupid ass when you pull up next to me and expect me to race you. You feel good beating up kids? Well, why would you bother trying to race a car that can't compete with your five zillion hp V8? Put your dick back in your pants and stop trying to extend it. Moron.

Item three is reliability. The four wins hands down. Yes, I know, you have an uncle who drove a '74 Chevy Nova with a 350 for 500 million miles, and never even had to change the oil. You and all the other V8 fans in the world. It has been proven that while the reliability of V8 cars is not universally bad, it is not as good as imports. Sorry, that's fact, and it has been for decades. There's another point for the Four.

And as for technology... fine, pushrods still work. Guess what? Steam engines still work, too. Do you want to do a steam engine swap into your car? Would you buy a black and white TV? Do you go out looking for an 8 Track player for your car? Didn't think so. As I see it, the General's refusal to dispense with outdated technology is an insult to it's customers and fans.

Soo... what the hell is the debate here? Your car is better than mine? Fine, if that helps you sleep at night, your car is better than mine. Whatever makes you happy. Now go hop in your 5 zillion hp penis extension and go race some Hyundais. You know you want to!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->But what you don't understand is that some people are looking for the high hp cars like the Trans Am's and Camaros. And people will buy what they want just becuz a tegra apeals to you doesn't mean that its my dream car. Im not disagree with you infact you are rite in alot of aspects but this is more from the import side of the spectrum then from the middle. As for the Pushrods once again some people are looking for cars with loads of powers and well im not seeing any i4 pumping out 330 + hp stock it all depends on what your looking for in a car. <!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fenix4116</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sickboy9</i>
    <b>I don't understand what the redline has to do with anything. So it tops out at 9K... so fcuking what? What the hell is the debate about here? Old v. New? American v. Japanese? Four v. Eight?

Cost.

Soo... what the hell is the debate here? Your car is better than mine? Fine, if that helps you sleep at night, your car is better than mine. Whatever makes you happy. Now go hop in your 5 zillion hp penis extension and go race some Hyundais. You know you want to!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->But what you don't understand is that some people are looking for the high hp cars like the Trans Am's and Camaros. And people will buy what they want just becuz a tegra apeals to you doesn't mean that its my dream car. Im not disagree with you infact you are rite in alot of aspects but this is more from the import side of the spectrum then from the middle. As for the Pushrods once again some people are looking for cars with loads of powers and well im not seeing any i4 pumping out 330 + hp stock it all depends on what your looking for in a car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And what you don't understand is that this car is desirable to me. V8's are not desirable to me. High hp cars are fine. But personally, the only thing more repugnant to me than a Camaro is a Camaro sitting next to a Firebird. Now, I just don't understand why there are those who feel it necessary to come into a forum about a car they don't even like and start talking shit about it. This thread was okay until people started talking about how pushrods are better, and American cars are better, and from there it was inevitable that the whole "us v. them" thing would start. Look, I read your profile. I know you have a Trans Am, and your signature explains exactly how you feel about VTEC... so what the fcuk are you doing here?

25. wait a second every time i go to an american car forum i see people with the following things to say
    "my civic can beat this"
    "my s2000 handles better"
    "this car is ugly"
    the list goes on it works both ways my friend and just because you dont like camaros or firebirds doesnt mean that someone else doesnt. I on the other hand like all kind of cars i am currently looking into a vtec prelude. Also i think the RSX is the bomb as well so i can go to any forum i want to discuss what ever i want. As for my signature it is for all the R!cers out there who think that just becuz they have the letters v-tec plasterd all over ther car and on there engine they can school a tran am. Its just not happening besides look around you will find far worse signatures around then this
    AMF
    <!-- Signature -->