Re: FAST BUT MY CAMARO IS FASTER

Discussion in '1999 Ford Saleen Mustang S-351' started by redatdsm, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nd4spd2002</i>
    <b>Camaro will always have the mustang beat. Your camaro looks really nice, and besides there is the chevy camaro ZL1 concept which will take any mustang ever made! 0-60 in 2.7 and top speed of 230!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Guess what? The Boss Mustang beat the ZL1, so learn something. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.

2. #52 Mantronix, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nd4spd2002</i>
    <b>Camaro will always have the mustang beat. Your camaro looks really nice, and besides there is the chevy camaro ZL1 concept which will take any mustang ever made! 0-60 in 2.7 and top speed of 230!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your Beloved Camaro got its ass handed to it by the BOSS Mustang. Car and Driver tested both of them, and the Mustang had a faster 0-60 time run in 1.9 Seconds and a faster quarter mile run in 10.55 seconds. And just to make matters even more embarrassing for the Camaro is that it was using SLICKS and was using a Racing Engine Block which was not even made by GM. IF you dont believe it just look it up in Car and Driver. They even have some video clips. And for your information the stats on you camaro on supercars.net is wrong because it took the Camaro over 11 seconds to reach 0-60.

Some quotes from Car and Driver that you may NEED in order to convince you:

"But the times don't drop much; 11.01 at 128.64 mph is as good as the Camaro gets"

"In the dark beyond, bright digits flash on: 10.76 seconds, 134.44 mph. The Camaro is dead, dispatched by a single stroke of the executioner. The Boss's backup run is quicker still: 10.55 at 135.05"

"When the Camaro's hood came up in round one, we recognized the
    non-GM block. "Hey, Jon, when did you put in this Donovan?" Pure racing hardware. This wasn't the motor Moss had been showing around"

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/roadtests/2000/January/200001_roadtest_dukeo.xml?&keywords=camaro&page=1

3. actually the vette was created to compete with the original tbird. and the camaro was to compete with the mustang. both times they succeeded in performance but lacked in sales. this shows that chevys are merely talented posers.

4. YEAH WELL YOU DROP A 1.7 LITER CIVIC ENGINE INTO A GOCART AND IT WILL OWN YOU ALL!! SO THERE! I'm FOURTEEN AND I LIKE BOOBIES!<!-- Signature -->

5. i cheer for a ford, it looks alot better. the camaro just has the hood scoop to add looks, but the stang has spoiler, ground effects, lights... shit they look way better!<!-- Signature -->

6. what do you want more, looks or performance, mustangs are slow, and i have seen more V6 stangs than the V8 stangs. the only reason people buy the V6 model is because it gets a little better gas milage and is cheaper, but has no performance.<!-- Signature -->

7. okay.. u can beat a stang with your trans am or camaro.. in a straight line.. take it to a road track and bring it on!, no suspension up grade on any Chevy could take this Mustang on a track..<!-- Signature -->

8. Fellas Fellas. I know i have a r!cers car but it shouldnt come down to FORD VS CHEVY. its AMERICAN VS IMPORT NOW... And im selling my supra to buy me a 1988 SVT COBRA. and mod that ***** out. HOLLA<!-- Signature -->

9. Preach it man! FOR REAL, god damn you cant turn a damn drag car sh|thead, what a moron.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra and Bronco</i>
    <b>Fellas Fellas. I know i have a r!cers car but it shouldnt come down to FORD VS CHEVY. its AMERICAN VS IMPORT NOW... And im selling my supra to buy me a 1988 SVT COBRA. and mod that ***** out. HOLLA</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you mean 1998 Cobra? The first Cobra was in '93.

11. I did mean 98 but i change my mind. i want a 94 5.0 cobra. im selling the supra May 23rd thats three days from now. im getting 42 thousand for it. Im planning on getting the cobra June 3rd and buy a 351 engine and getting a new transmission. I want 600-650 hp. I think i can do it. Im want to stay away from turbos and NOS. I think i might buy a Roots Type Supercharger from Roush. But im not quite sure yet. Before i pop the charger on im going to get naturally 450 hp. So i can eat my friends SUPER Z Camaro. then ill pop the charger on and rave some vettes. I want to put a 351 in it. Help me out because this will be the first V8 i hand build. So if you got some hints on what i can do holla <!-- Signature -->

12. Quote from Alter
    i'm sorry but the mustang is a poor excuse of american muscle even this one. You want american muscle you need a WS6 Ram air transam or a Camaro SS or a Corvette z06...then we're talkin until then keep that piece away from me...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I like pretty much any kind of car so im am not biast towards GM or Ford but about the Camaro and Firebird being American muscle is false since they were ( production has ended) built in Canada not the US there fore its Canadian muscle. lol<!-- Signature -->

13. Compare the top Ford to the top Chevrolet, 2000 Mustang Boss ( 0 - 60 ) 1.9 seconds, ( 0 - 100 ) 5.5 seconds, 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette, not even close.<!-- Signature -->

14. well i think that is very hard to say!

15. Mustang a shame to muscle cars? I DONT FUCKING THINK SO! If it is a "shame" then how come its been in production since 1965? The only reason that they are getting a bit bad now is that Ford is just generally getting worse at the current, the good stangs stopped in 95<!-- Signature -->

16. my favorite stangs are the 68-70 stangs, they were and remain the best.

17. some chevy lover's are stupid...my car could whoop it..so what who cares could you're car beat it stock no so just shut up people always diss fords because they are jealous most of you are kids and like chevy cause youre dad drives a chevy venture you guys should stop dissing ford american cars should stick together..as bad as i hate it jap crap and euro trash are catching up with us.....if ford and chevy joined they would be unstoppable

18. What do you think of the GM 454

19. I have got to get in here. I own a 455 HO TransAm it is an American muscle car the new TransAms are to but I have always thought of the Camaro as a secretary car but now they do not make either one. So it is hard to compete with something that is not there.But I am also a proud Owner of 1994 Mustang GT it is every bit of American Muscle car. I found out a long time ago if one doesn't beat you another one will. So just be proud to drive American cars.

20. what are u basing that on? Did chevy embarass Ferrari and Porche at Le Mans four years in a row on their own turf? No. So shut up and rethink your strategy.