Re: foolish people

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by Punk Racer, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Finger Eleven</i>
    <b>Whos that chick in that picture Rs Terminator?????</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, who is she?

2. Jessica Alba...what a hottie!

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Amaricanperformancez28</i>
    <b>whatever, the venom 800TT still the fastest "STOCK" production car! faster that the BLITZ! numbers don't lie!! and supercars stated: the fastest roadgoing supercar of our time. and only cost 160,000$.. there is not one "stock" production can that gives you that amout of performance for that price!!! not nearly close!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

$160,000 clams for a viper

in Japan an R34 Vspec costs 38k new

hrmm... put two and two together.. and with over a 100,000.00 I could easily build a faster car than that Viper... and it'ld still be cheaper.. and it'ld be a hell of alot more fun with the onboard computer it has

Nissan hasn't missed the Big pictures.. we're missing the fact that these cars are not designed soley for the US market. The cars are designed for all kinds of markets. Just because Americans like it one way doesn't mean every country is the same. <!-- Signature -->

4. 850hp and the top speed is only 213mph, i honestly am upset, how can a car with so much hp perform so badly (for its class)

5. WHAT THE **** IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT VENOM 800TT??
    A LOAD OF SHIT

a 1300hp veilside skyline will rape it good

how the #$%# is it a standard production viper if the standard production viper has 450hp

cocksuckers

a 1994 dauer lemans car powered by porche does 0-60 in 2.40 and ahs a top speed of 254miles hooooooooooooooooo what a ride and it will out corner anything

6. Right, time for the British boys to play. TVR speed 12, fully street legal, 48 valve 8.0 litre V12. 800bhp stock, 880bhp with the mandatory air restrictors removed, 940bhp de-catted and straight through silencers (but then it wouldn't be street legal would it, so lets get back to the point here), 800bhp stock, 100bhp per litre, hardly straining the engine is it. A body that weighs the same as a fiesta (carbon fibre, 10 times stronger than steel, but so light you could probably pick the body up), it's pushing nearly 800bhp per tonne (1010 kilos/ about 2020lbs), the Mclaren F1 had 550bhp per tonne and it touched 241 miles per hour, the forum says 240mph for the speed 12, but it hasn't been absolutely officially tested as with the McLaren, so it could very well be more. Another thing, this Viper Venom 800TT is not stock, it's been modified by John Hennesey tuning who make all of the venoms, they just take a viper and modify it, they don't build their own cars, same goes for Blitz. The speed 12 is the daddy, it'll piss on anything these have to offer, and remember the speed 12 is stock. But hell if you all want to rave about modified cars, let someone modify the speed 12, I've heard rumours of a street legal speed 12 with 1290bhp, but like I say, they are rumours, I'm sure it's possible tho'. Imagine whacking on 2 turbos like the Viper Venom 800TT (TT, twin turbo) has, then the 12 would really fly. I'm getting all patriotic here, but really, the British do make the best, and fastest cars in the world. Jaguar XJ220, Lister Storm V12, TVR Speed 12, McLaren F1, Aston Martin V600 Vantage, Lotus Esprit. Anyway, this is my rant over, thought it needed a little balance. Bottom line, TVR speed 12 is king, sorry I took so long to say it.

7. Veilside is the way to go man!!!<!-- Signature -->

8. The tvr isn't even street legal in north america. We have epa and the crash test.

9. ok any of you that actually beleive a skyline will beat the SVS Viper kick some tires.wow a skyline with more HP than the viper doesnt mean shit. you also need to have good traction which the viper has better than the skyline. also my camaro will eat up any jap car you can find to race me on the strip,ive beaten vipers,chargers,other camaros,stangs and every jap car that even tried to go against me. and yes my car is legal.all american cars are better than your shitty rice burners.

10. ok any of you that actually beleive a skyline will beat the SVS Viper kick some tires.wow a skyline with more HP than the viper doesnt mean shit. you also need to have good traction which the viper has better than the skyline. also my camaro will eat up any jap car you can find to race me on the strip,ive beaten vipers,chargers,other camaros,stangs and every jap car that even tried to go against me. and yes my car is legal.all american cars are better than your shitty rice burners.

67 camaro blown 540
    7.9@ 183mph 1/4 mi
    1800HP 1950lbs/ft of torque

11. The Fonz, You've got to be as Dumb as a pile of rocks, a stock "venom 800TT" means the only mod made was the Twin Turbo Package. That means everything else is still stock. There are so many other mods that could be made.
    As for your Dauer 962 LeMans... Sure it's fast, but I don't think you noticed that there are only 10 in exsistance. You could give a trained monkey 850,000 dollars and it could probably build a one-of-a-kind Supercar as well.

12. foolish people

of course the skylines can't do much unless you mod them like crazy, but thats the fun of em, they're a modder's dream
    ive seen skylines with close to and over 1000hp
    and as for the guy who cant get it over 118mph... try shifting out of second gear next time you drive one buddy, especially the modded ones
    Engine Twin Turbo Inline-6 0 - 60 mph 3.0 seconds
    Horsepower 633.9 kw / 850.1 bhp @ 9300 rpm 0 - 100 mph Not Available
    Transmission 6-Speed Manual Topspeed 343.3 kph / 213.3 mph
    Weight 1541 kg / 3397 lbs EPA City/Hwy Not Available

look at the topspeed fool!!

13. who are you talking to? And skylines can perform with or without mods.<!-- Signature -->

14. If your remark about them not getting it over 118 is in reference to the stock skyline...then thats because the speed is electronically limited.

15. my apologies,that was meant to be a reply to someone else's post and yes skylines can perform with or without mods. but a stock skyline is no match for a stock viper, but if you mod them both then the skyline is the superior car (at least in my opinion,im aware of the achievements of the hennesey viper 800TT)

16. Take of the limiter its close...<!-- Signature -->

17. Gimme a TVR Speed 12 so I can spank it's ass!! ;) And that's stock!! hehe. C yas!! Mafs!!<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pimpdaddy69</i>
    <b>my apologies,that was meant to be a reply to someone else's post and yes skylines can perform with or without mods. but a stock skyline is no match for a stock viper, but if you mod them both then the skyline is the superior car (at least in my opinion,im aware of the achievements of the hennesey viper 800TT)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 800TT viper is an amazing car and I'm sure there are quite a few skylines that could beat it but, note that the 800TT is all stock internals, with 9:1 compression. If you were to replace the pistons to lower the compression and pump more boost into that enormous v-10 it could easily reach 1000 hp or even more. The skyline will always beat the viper as far as handling, but anyone who has enough money and ambition could exceed the performance of extremely modified skylines.<!-- Signature -->

19. indeed and agree with evilninjamoby....
    there is always someone faster.....
    Japanese technology is over-emphasising on details and neglected the big picture....totally different from American Technologies....
    someone come up with a octa-rotary Quad-Turbo with enough displacment and tighter gear ratios.....we'll see if anything more stands a chance....

just in case anyone doubts...pls look at Mazda's quad-rotary NA engined Le mans winner 787R...

20. whatever, the venom 800TT still the fastest "STOCK" production car! faster that the BLITZ! numbers don't lie!! and supercars stated: the fastest roadgoing supercar of our time. and only cost 160,000$.. there is not one "stock" production can that gives you that amout of performance for that price!!! not nearly close!

21. Yo Mamma, you are the one full of shit. The mods to a Viper Venom 800TT are as follows:

Twin Garett ball bearing, water/oil cooled turbochargers with integral wastegates
    HMS Aluminum Air to Air Intercoolers .
    Complete Turbo Tubing, Polished Stainless Inlet Tubes and Hoses/Clamps
    Custom airbox with K&N filters
    Upgraded fuel injection system
    HMS 3 in. Stainless Steel Exhaust System with Hi-Flow Catalysts
    Polished/Ported vemon cylinder head with 2.02in stainless intake valves, 1.65in stainless exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, heavy duty valve springs & titanium retainers
    Honed/Ported instake manifold
    T&D 1.7 shaft rockerarms with hardened steel pushrods
    HMS lifter upgrade
    HMS aluminum flywheel upgrade
    HMS 2-core radiator upgrade
    HMS short throw shifter
    Venom floor mats, valve covers & serial numbered carbon fibre dash plaque

Your really dumb if you think you could whack a couple of turbos onto an engine like this and not have to modify anything else, such as lowering the compression ratio. Jesus, the people who think they know it on this sight but don't, really piss me off. Like you. The Fonz was right, the 800TT isn't a stock car, it's a Viper that's been modified by John Hennesy tuning.

22. To whom do you want to address this topic?
    I can tell you that neither NISSAN and neither NISSAN lovers are foolish that's for sure.

Long life to NISSAN! <!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Realm28</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pimpdaddy69</i>
    <b>my apologies,that was meant to be a reply to someone else's post and yes skylines can perform with or without mods. but a stock skyline is no match for a stock viper, but if you mod them both then the skyline is the superior car (at least in my opinion,im aware of the achievements of the hennesey viper 800TT)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 800TT viper is an amazing car and I'm sure there are quite a few skylines that could beat it but, note that the 800TT is all stock internals, with 9:1 compression. If you were to replace the pistons to lower the compression and pump more boost into that enormous v-10 it could easily reach 1000 hp or even more. The skyline will always beat the viper as far as handling, but anyone who has enough money and ambition could exceed the performance of extremely modified skylines.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm sick to death of hearing about the 800TT and it being compared to every bloody thing else, yes it has big numbers in torque and hp but is it driveable? No. Most of that power you can't get to the ground in a low gear. As for off-boost driveablilty, any highly tuned car will be fine idling all day in the stop-go of city traffic provided it has electronic engine management.
    From all the reviews I've read (motortrend, R&T, you name it) they all describe the wild fishtailing and wheelspins the 800TT does for most of the length of a 1/4 mile. You can't even get the accelerator half way down launching in first gear at 3500rpm. Where a AWD gets alot of power to the ground off the line and is rock stable and SAFE all the way down straight.
    800hp+ skylines hardly break traction at all, I've driven a 600hp GT-R that barely squealed the tires on 10.5 ET.

The 800TT only runs about 14psi of boost, which is about what all engines will stand dead stock, most on stock compression ratio provided you can pump up the octane.

The viper V10 if it was built from the ground up as a performance engine --it isn't its a modified truck engine-- would do a hell of a lot better.

<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>Stryker Viper- Only 9 PSI( could be easily boosted more ) TT- runs 880HP(993HP) at the wheels, 1000 Torque AT the wheels. Venom 800TT 0-60 2.4 ( can you guess how fast the Stryker would be) And those cars can pass the US smog test... this car couldnt. Camaro ZL1 all motor street legal motor 2.7 0-60, Mustang Boss 0-60 1.9 sec. also street legal n/a motor ( with slicks) Mercedes CLK GTR- 1./4 mile mid 9's with n/a v12. There is always someone faster.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This car passes the japanese emissions test, don't see why it wouldn't past the american one. =)<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chevy Power</i>
    <b>ok any of you that actually beleive a skyline will beat the SVS Viper kick some tires.wow a skyline with more HP than the viper doesnt mean shit. you also need to have good traction which the viper has better than the skyline. also my camaro will eat up any jap car you can find to race me on the strip,ive beaten vipers,chargers,other camaros,stangs and every jap car that even tried to go against me. and yes my car is legal.all american cars are better than your shitty rice burners.

67 camaro blown 540
    7.9@ 183mph 1/4 mi
    1800HP 1950lbs/ft of torque

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't get me wrong here, your saying a front heavy rear wheel drive car has more traction than a AWD car? With the same rubber the skyline would have more traction and stability.

That camaro wouldn't be street legal buddy.<!-- Signature -->