Re: Le Mans?

Discussion in '2000 BMW X5 Lemans Concept' started by eggy87, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I wasn't trying to diss BMW just the SUV. I love their cars but I pretty much hate all SUV's. I know that BMW does race in the ALMS, but I had no idea they raced in Le Mans every year. I guess I just payed to much attention to the LMP 900 class. Does anyone know which Le Mans they won and with what car (besides the LMR in 99)? I looked and couldn't find the "other time" they won.

2. first of all, you are an idiot that thinks you know about cars but obviously, you don't know shit!!! BMW does race in the Lemans and just because you know a lot about NASCAR or some other redneck motorsport does not mean you know anything about the Lemans because they are two different sports. One uses cheap ass family sedans like Ford Taurus while the other uses something you will never afford such as Porsche and Ferrari. So next time think before you speak.

3. Supra is totally right. Motorsport isn't just about turning left. Lemans is a challenge and bmw does quite well sometimes. they have a nice prototype and can really drive. i think this suv is alrigt and i take my hat ofto bmw motorsports....<!-- Signature -->

4. BMW definitely makes very good cars. They are long lasting, reliable, and you get every bit of fun and pleasure out of it for as long as the car lives. Other companies that make BETTER cars than the Americans include, Lexus and pretty much all Europeans.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from eggy87</i>
    <b>No piece of sh*t suv deserves to called Le Mans. Especially a godamn BMW. Since BMW never races there.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    If im not mistaken BMW has won Le Mans twice. That is more than a lot of other car companies car say they have done.

6. First off, an SUV in Le Mans? I don't think it would fare too well there because of the obviously higher centre of gravity. Secondly, BMW usually enters Le Mans(This year they had two M3s if I'm not mistaken. If I am, correct me please, I like to know the facts.) Thirdly, eggy87 is truly a moron. You should be hanging your head in shame right now. Go to your local cable provider and ask for Speedvision, watch next year's Le Mans or a replay of this year's Le Mans, and then proceed to smack yourself in the head until you lose conciousness. <!-- Signature -->

7. everybody knows BMW won Lemans twice.....except u little punk.....<!-- Signature -->

8. Another intellectually wayward child (tsk..tsk..tsk)

To take the great name of BMW in vain, would mean to spit on my avatar. Take a (GOOD) look at it. It is one of a car that makes little kids like you cream yourself. It's one of a piece of engineering that has propelled the 3 series from average car to GT status. Since the gentlemen before me have already set the record straight, I will leave with a parting thought. Please think before you type. False accusations only succeed in making you look like an idiot. Food for thought junior...

Regards,
    Dominic<!-- Signature -->

9. first of all, this car in NOT intended to actually compete in lemans racing, like some of you seem to think. They V12 engine was just shoehorned into the car to test the limits of the X5 in order to gain technical data about how the vehicle responds to extreme acceleration, etc.. And as for NASCAR vs. LeMans all i have to say is WOW. No legitimate comparison can be made between taurus-based left turn only primitive stock cars and highly engineered LeMans GT1 cars. If you put both on a track like Hockenheim, the GT1 car would leave the stock car for broke (considering the stock car couldn't get by the first set of corners).

10. I wasn't trying to diss BMW just the SUV. I love their cars but I pretty much hate all SUV's. I know that BMW does race in the ALMS, but I had no idea they raced in Le Mans every year. I guess I just payed to much attention to the LMP 900 class. Does anyone know which Le Mans they won and with what car (besides the LMR in 99)? I looked and couldn't find the "other time" they won.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from K'</i>
    <b>everybody knows BMW won Lemans twice.....except u little punk.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go look at any Le Mans dedicated website and tell me the year besides 99.

12. That just proves you're arrogant. For one, the awesome McLaren F1 (the first car to win the world supercar champs in it's first year, as well as LeMans) was powered by a BMW V12 specially made for it.
    You forget that BMW are the best engine designers in the world, it's what makes cars like the M5 and M3 special.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WingedWarrior</i>
    <b>That just proves you're arrogant. For one, the awesome McLaren F1 (the first car to win the world supercar champs in it's first year, as well as LeMans) was powered by a BMW V12 specially made for it.
    You forget that BMW are the best engine designers in the world, it's what makes cars like the M5 and M3 special.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't agree you wanna talk about making realiable engines that would be MB all the way. But BMW is a close second<!-- Signature -->