Re: NO SUPERCAR!

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by Odin, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>
    <b>Not all Hondas are undertorqued. For example, Accord V6, CRV, Odessy, MDX, 3.2TL type S, etc. They have a lot of torque. The Accord has 195 of torque at about 4000-5000rpm. The CRV has 162, Odessy and MDX has 240 at about 4000rpm, but it has 90% of torque from 1500rpm and up.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Now compare those to the most mild, basic American pony cars. Mustang GT 302, Mustang Cobra 317, Camaro Z28 340, Camaro SS 350, Corvette 375, Corvette Z06 400.

You did not see one of the American cars I listed drop below the 300 mark, and you only had 1 Japanese car go above the 200 mark.

Listen people. The bennefits of having larger diplacements far out weigh the one downside, which is added weight. It cracks me up how much import lovers think that because a car has a larger engine it's crap. There is nothing logical about that. In the end the final goal is performance. If you get beat by another car "just because he has larger displacement", you STILL got beat. <!-- Signature -->

2. a supercar should have massive power and good looks
    i love the looks of american cars more than most imports
    imports need lots of money to make power