Re: What a shame!

Discussion in '2001 Lotec Sirius' started by McLaren_Man, Aug 10, 2002.

1. #26 Harada, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. I don't think aerodynamics t this car's speed problem, and it certainly isn't about putting the power to the wheels, its all in the gear ratios.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>Theres new technology which eliminates(nearly) drag so...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    hmmm... i think u are talking about jets or something, this are cars<!-- Signature -->

4. I agree with the earlier posts. Gear ratio, downforce, and traction are all key. When playing with 1300+hp... I little tweeking and this car would deffinately be the fastest car this planet would ever see for quite some time.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from </i>
    <b>AND HOW DO U GET THOSE PICS IN UR NAME????</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1. click on screen name
    2. near top of page click on CHANGE AVATAR
    3. pick which one you want
    4. click OK

6. Its an animal.....but yo running it at 45psi..The bloody hting would blow up I think. But to think bout how much it would be putting out if a 6-7th gear was added and that..one word...DANGEROUS...<!-- Signature -->

7. i know man it is a shame it is too slow they should make it 6 six speed

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M</i>
    <b>I think there is enough power at the wheels already. There is a problem of traction and losses through gearbox are major issues. But to get a car to accelerate fast there needs to be a wide power band over a large proportion of the rev range and not just a max peak. this is why f1 cars are so fast with about 800hp over a wide rev range. This also helps with traction as the acceleration is smoother. Also if you find the fastest car from 0-200 it is a Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR it also uses this engine which shows the engines are a perfect buliding block for a performance car.

So even though this is quite an impressive vehicle with a great engine (go Mercedes), Lotec has designed the engine to peak rather than building a on track performer. impressive on a dyno but not a race winner when against other performance cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    0-200? mecerdese clk-gtr?
    that thing can bairly push 191, it won't hit 200 even if your life depended on it<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FAREL 40</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>With all that horse power and they've wasted it, if all that HP was put o use it would be going 270MPH, I think the they should re-design the way the power is put to the wheels.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i second that</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yup
    <!-- Signature -->

10. bmw's will kick your ass-- not all bmw's are all that great, and at least this car looks somewhat descent

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>With all that horse power and they've wasted it, if all that HP was put o use it would be going 270MPH, I think the they should re-design the way the power is put to the wheels.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yes it would or even faster yhey rilly should do that

--------------
    maby the dingo ate you baby

12. you should think about what you said because the mclaren cost 1,000,000 dollars (but it is a very nice car )

13. They didnt waste the hp they test these cars on a trac and the fastest time that they get is the time that they post for this information so if they only did that as a top speed than thats what they will post but i know for sure this car can hit more than 260 because my friends dad works for this company and he showed it to me on at the dealership and the guy who was gunna buy it was telling me how fast it was and shit.

14. ---------------------------------------------------------------------" 0-200? mecerdese clk-gtr?
    that thing can bairly push 191, it won't hit 200 even if your
    life depended on it "

---------------------------------------------------------------------

How the hell can u say that. Have you driven it? Have you winded tthe merc out to its top speed b4? I seriously doubt it. So unless you have, i wouldnt say it can "berely hit 191". Not like 191 mph is a modest speed.
    Why dont you go for a drive in a car that goes 191 mph, and then aferwards tell me "it wasnt so special, it barely hit 191". I don't think you would somehow.
    I went for a drive in my cousins 12 seconds laser and that was pretty damn fast as it is.
    Im so sick of ppl that come and complain that cars go "only 300kph" or run "only 10 sec quarters, it should do 7". A you dont need anything quicker than a 13 second car for the road, thats quick enough, and your never going to have to go anywhere over 250kph.
    I thik the word is 'practicality' here.

And then people say this 400kph car isnt fast enough. This is intended as a ROAD car, and its top speed is comparable to F1 cars. and 0-100kph in 3.7, while it could be wuicher, is sure as hell nothing to scoff at.

15. i honestly dont care what anybody thinks or says... it's after all the car that matters... it looks good, it has TONS of power (both hp and tourque), and u'll ba able to get a girl in no time flat... and where exactly r u gonna use all of the 1334hp in north america... i'll say that yes, if u live in europe, u can just drive to the autoban, and cruise for hours at heaven-knows how fast... but what's the point... get a car that's practical... i like supercars, but dont u think this a bit much? what next? 2000hp? and then ppl would just ***** and complain about it more than this one... so y bother?<!-- Signature -->