Re: WTF is da prob

Discussion in '2001 Honda NSX-R Concept' started by Wizard, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>Hondas don't make V8s don't they?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    At this moment, I can think of racing only V8 (CART, 2.7 liter turbo charged V8).

2. CART uses V8?
    I though V10s but I geuss I'm wrong.<!-- Signature -->

3. Didn't they goes up to about 16000 rpms?<!-- Signature -->

4. They are high revving engines too (somewhere in the vicinty of 17000 rpm), but also turbocharged.

5. wow, but do they have high compression?<!-- Signature -->

6. im sure they do. anyone know what kind of fuel they use?<!-- Signature -->

7. What is up with u americans and the V8.just for once in your life can't you think of another engine like A BMW V12 or quality boxxer engine!!!! AHHHHHH! I am so sick of hearing V8 this V8 that! its ridiculous. There are other engines in the world. That aren't the size of America, The BMW V12 which was designed for the McLaren is half as small as an average V8 but still produces more power just think about it.

I mean no critical offense I just wish u weren't so narrow minded overthere.<!-- Signature -->

8. How about the Tommy Kaira ZZII?<!-- Signature -->

9. BMW LMP is Dome!?
    wow.<!-- Signature -->

10. Dome Goh.. then what's Goh?<!-- Signature -->

11. I don't think so...<!-- Signature -->

12. WTF is da prob

What the hell is everyone's problem with this car. It is good for a Honda. You van't disagree with me on that.<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mustangs4ever</i>
    <b>What the hell is everyone's problem with this car. It is good for a Honda. You van't disagree with me on that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i can disagree but actually this is a good car for honda but they can go to v8s and have more power....

14. Hondas don't make V8s don't they?<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>Hondas don't make V8s don't they?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i think there is one in the very mediocre Acura RL model, but it was just thrown in there to have an upper market entry.<!-- Signature -->

16. Maybe RL's next version will, but not the current version.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>What is up with u americans and the V8.just for once in your life can't you think of another engine like A BMW V12 or quality boxxer engine!!!! AHHHHHH! I am so sick of hearing V8 this V8 that! its ridiculous. There are other engines in the world. That aren't the size of America, The BMW V12 which was designed for the McLaren is half as small as an average V8 but still produces more power just think about it.

I mean no critical offense I just wish u weren't so narrow minded overthere.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats not fair, the Mclaren is a million dollar V12. Why don't you compare a million dollar V8? Hell, just look at the $250,000 C5R, it's around those figures. Compare cars within reasonable price.

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>How about the Tommy Kaira ZZII?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Compared to what? Another tuner car company? <!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>What is up with u americans and the V8.just for once in your life can't you think of another engine like A BMW V12 or quality boxxer engine!!!! AHHHHHH! I am so sick of hearing V8 this V8 that! its ridiculous. There are other engines in the world. That aren't the size of America, The BMW V12 which was designed for the McLaren is half as small as an average V8 but still produces more power just think about it.

I mean no critical offense I just wish u weren't so narrow minded overthere.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats not fair, the Mclaren is a million dollar V12. Why don't you compare a million dollar V8? Hell, just look at the $250,000 C5R, it's around those figures. Compare cars within reasonable price. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The C5R<!-- Signature -->

20. The Car Makers in Japan at one point agreed on a HP limit. I believe they said they weren't going over 276hp. This is the reason you don't see any V8's. Good news is that they will soon do away with this agreement.

21. I'm hoping that they will.<!-- Signature -->

22. I can tellyou dudes are losing sleep on this one<!-- Signature -->

23. this car is way over priced!! i can get a viper for less then this and it would rape this car.. don't get me wrong this car is pimp but its just way to much it would be much better if they lowered the price to around 45k!!

24. and the Viper rides about as nicely as a galloping horse. The NSX is as soft and handles the road as well, as most BMW's, can keep its speed through hairpin turns, and outclasses the Viper in almost every way. Take the Honda NSX Type-S to Laguna Seca against a Viper ACR and see who rapes whom. Face the facts, the 1/4 mile isn't all that matters... and that is about any viper that costs less than 300,000 is good for.

25. I'm a die hard NSX fan, but I'm affraid they're right. The NSX is overpriced for a ten year old platform. The Viper (ten year old platform as well until this year) is the "bang for the buck" on this one. True, the ride is harsher than the NSX but as far as road holding abilities, the Viper isn't an old school Detroit Musclecar. It's one of the best handling cars in the world even as of today. Back in 1997, and every year after that, the Viper has consistently beat the NSX in just about every category one can imagine according to Motor Trend. The NSX comes very close as far as numbers go, but still, no cigar.