rx7 would kill a vet

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by squidmakk, Aug 10, 2002.

1. rx7 would kill a vet

2. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

I own a '93 RX-7 R1, and have had many oppourtunities to race z06's on the track and on the streets. in stock form ,ya, i would get beatby the vettes by about 1.5 car lengths in a street race, adn by about 0.5 seconds on the track. but when the car was imported to NA it was required to put in a precat, which robbed the car of a lot of power. Over in japan they just get a plain old downpipe, and a larger radiator, so i ordered those up and put them in, it makes a big difference. my car is a lot faster now, and there is more torque for exiting corners, i would say this spirit R would definetly give the vette trouble.

3. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

Dude, you're a moron. It's kids like you that give RX-7's like mine a bad name. ANY stock RX-7 that was sold in the states will lose to ANY new Corvette, Z06 or not. Even on the road track I'd put my money on the Corvette.

I love my RX-7, and if people keep saying stupid things like you do, it's gonna end up being the next Honda Civic, where if you modify yours at all, everyone thinks you're a moron.

4. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

hsckris....shut up....you are defeating the point of the conversatoin.

5. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

Yeah maybe if you swich engines with the cars and even then the VETTE would be cooler.

I swear some people, you need some American pride, "Rx7 would be a Vette" in your dreams.

6. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

Is there not already a forum for this?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

BTW, It's spelled vette, so unless your talking about running over a veterinarian...

8. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

Ok. That statement was as worthless as tits on a man.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

I don't know about the rest of you people but I preffer to drive cars rather than using them for murder...

This Vs a Corvette? Beats me, but I doubt a 'Vette would have the beautiful dynamics of this little beastie.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

nope, rx7's got 5 speed
    but it still could

11. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from squidmakk</i>
    <b>rx7 would kill a vet</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It all depends on the driver and the mods. on the cars.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

I need to see some specs<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

bull shit this thing could if the vette gets traction it will eat this thing alive<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

This is the ugliest ricer out there, and it would have no way in hell of beating a Corvette, but like you said, it would kill a Veterinarian.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RLQ</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from squidmakk</i>
    <b>rx7 would kill a vet</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It all depends on the driver and the mods. on the cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you would have to see if its been modded or not...<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

I also said the driver.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

well it may beat a vette and i say 'may' but its not going to kill a vette

18. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

"Ugliest Ricer"? Haha, uh... No! Please reserve the term "Ricer" for Honda Civic's and Integra's! This is a BEAUTIFUL RACER!<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

I've beaten a few RX7's numerous times without any losses in my C4 Corvette, some even modified. Check the specifications before you make any statements. Wankel rotaries are all right, but they pollute too much and they aren't efficient in higher cubic arrangements. Cheaper and more powerful is the small block Chevy. Sure there's some incredibly fast RX7's out there that will smoke some 'Vettes, but there will always be a faster Corvette.

20. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

You guys are racist and ignorant...

The only thing that matters in america is HP and 1/4 mile acceleration..

RX7 was built for everything handling, braking, accel, etx.

American Muscle....woohooo all about HP...

you will never win an agument unless americans find a something other than accleration to measure a cars performance.

21. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

Americans are all about horsepower and quarter mile times? I beg to differ. The RX7 is a fine road machine which does boast respectable handling, braking, and acceleration, but you're trying to say Vipers, 'Vettes, late model Camaros, Firebirds, and Mustangs don't perform well on the track. This isn't entirely true. The Chevrolet Corvette for example, an earlier 'Vette (such as C3) has desirable handling, but nothing in comparison to the road manners of the later model C4's and C5's. I enjoy winding rural roads just as much as the next driver, and I'll take an RX7 any day on the track. Full independent suspension, 3,200 pound curb weight, big disk brakes all around, in addition to V8 torque contributes to a potent racer. I'm not disrespecting an RX7, it's just that, not all American cars handle like an elephant on roller skates . Check the specs before you post.

22. Re: rx7 would kill a vet

a z06 vette does zero to sixty in 4 seconds, and a 1/4 mile in 12, the rx7 runs a 1/4 mile in 13.6, where i come from that is getting killed, not killing, dumb @$$!