This is a stick up

Discussion in '2002 Jaguar S-Type R' started by Benny G, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This is a stick up

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CorollaRacer</i>
    <b>Jag needs to throw a six-speed stick shift into this car. Otherwise, a very nice car, except it would be way more fun with half the weight! =)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    That would be great, but i cant imagine them doing it. sure it has ok performance, but most prestige cars like jags have automatic everythings, for the whole luxury thing.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This is a stick up

to who ever says that this jag will drop its price fast, think on this, before 1980's jaguars are probably the best classics, and bring in some of the highest bids. the only jags that are not high on the market, are the one with glitched v6 or v12s. but jag has a sweet v8 on there. I think they should bring the v12 back for next XJR

3. Racing Corolla

So what kind of Corolla do you drive? I race a 1986 GT twin-cam 16. And you're right, there ain't no replacement. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This is a stick up

6-speed auto is good dun forget but id rather a mercedez<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This is a stick up

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cchanner83</i>
    <b>I'm afriad your wrong about Jag. Jaguar has always had always been a tradional sport car manufacture. Are you forgeting the legendary sports cars of the 50's and 60's, plus its racing pedigre. No my friend Jaguar is not trying something diffrent they are merely returning to their roots, and thank god!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ok ok...i know you know more about cars then i do but you're really corny, haha <!-- Signature -->

6. Jag needs to throw a six-speed stick shift into this car. Otherwise, a very nice car, except it would be way more fun with half the weight! =)

7. Re: This is a stick up

True.....it does need a manual gearbox like the M5.....but still looks like a good car.
    Just how can they get it half weight?...........would be good.....maybe they should ask Lotus!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This is a stick up

They will offer a six-speed auto. Good enought for ya'll?

9. Re: This is a stick up

Yea, Jag is trying something mew. A six speed Auto transmission. Jag will never be a sports car charecter.

10. Re: This is a stick up

Auto is the Jaguar way to go... yes, I prefer my performance cars with a stick, of course, but if I was buying a Jag, I'd probably have a Porsche or two for those "thrill of driving" -moments...

...but do not despair! There may be a manual on the way, as there is a very special XKR (called the Evo) undergoing it's paces... the idea is to stretch the XKR envelope, and see what it can do. And this Evo has the rear undertray of the S-Type, and a Tremec T56 6-speed manual (the same as in C5, Viper and DB7 Vantage)... so altough the Evo probably won't make full production (imagine the expense of grafting a S-Type rear platform to an XKR), the gearbox could make it to the S-Type.

Let's get sidetracked: in addition to the manual 'box the Evo has a 450bhp 4-litre supercharged V8 and a lightened, more serious interior... think 911 GT3... XKR Evo is the first XK-model I have lusted for. :D

(The source for this information is the evo magazine, issue 028.)<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: This is a stick up

I'm afriad your wrong about Jag. Jaguar has always had always been a tradional sport car manufacture. Are you forgeting the legendary sports cars of the 50's and 60's, plus its racing pedigre. No my friend Jaguar is not trying something diffrent they are merely returning to their roots, and thank god!!

<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This is a stick up

Sure, it can haul butt. However, I give it less than two years before resale value drops faster than Monica on Bill. I'd wish Euro manufacturers would drop the button headlights; Reminds me of the S-class Benz, and I'm not too big a fan of Mercedes.

13. Re: This is a stick up

the s-type R is stick you morans

14. Re: This is a stick up

The S-Type isnt supposed to be a sports car its a luxury which looks way better than any other luxury car i have ever seen

15. Re: This is a stick up

thats one heavy car.

but it is a luxury vehicle so it doesnt matter too much<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: This is a stick up

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari13</i>
    <b>the s-type R is stick you morans
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Exactly HOW much crack do you smoke a day?

17. Re: This is a stick up

For all of yu saying this needs a six speed manual. It is being released in 2002 as a 2003 model. Even the S-Type V6 will be getting and no cost optional Six-Speed.

18. Re: This is a stick up

It's being released as a 6speed manual? I doubt that

19. Re: This is a stick up

was talking that the 6 cylinder model will have the same 6-speed tranny.
    the manual is actually an option available only in the UK.
    and may in the future be brought to the states, if successful.
    the question is, if the increase performance would not hinder the Jaguar's recent reputation of being dependable, and the most reliable car in the business (JD POWERS)
    with full options added, the car is 450HP, and 0-60 in 4.6 seconds