Very interesting 1970 Imperial vs Lincoln Dealer Promo Film

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by 426 Hemistage 8, May 21, 2020.

1. Good Evening

Very interesting 1970 Imperial vs Lincoln Dealer Promo Film

Enjoy best regards

426 Hemistage 8

F50Fanatic likes this.
  2. I'm one of the few members here who actually love full size American luxury cars more than muscle cars.

I want that Imperial in my garage.

426 Hemistage 8 likes this.
  3. My distant uncle in Lausanne has a 1971 in green and my other uncle in Texas has a 1970 blue one, I want one was well. Mopars were the best handling cars back then.

F50Fanatic likes this.
  4. #4 F50Fanatic, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Are they coupes or sedans?
    I guess they look like one of these?
    And have you tried the air conditioning of their cars? Probably turns the cabin into Antarctica in 15 minutes. Back then American luxury cars' A/C units were on a different level, even compared with most expensive European cars like Mercedes 600.

If I have the money and a garage big enough, I would go for a 4 door sedan from 73 (final year for the fuselage body). That year they lengthened the body to 235 inches, the longest sedan ever made.

5. Both are the Crown Southampton Lebaron sedan models. They also has their 440 fitted with new valves seats for unleaded gasoline, brodix aluminium heads, mopar performance manifold, bigger carb, mopar purple camshaft, bigger valves and tititanium rocker arms, new exhausts and also rear drum brakes have been upgraded to disc brakes. Also shocks have been changed to much stiffer ones. So they were improved as compared to their original configuration. My favorite models are the 69-71 Crown Southampton le Baron Sedan models. The w126 S Class 560sel is a different animal, much more modern and more sporty in driving but completely different.

F50Fanatic likes this.
  6. I have always liked giant Mopars. They are more unique than Lincoln and Cadillac when it comes to styling.

Check out this 1961 Imperial. Got to love the futuristic dashboard. If you want a full size car even more crazy looking than the 59 Cadillac, this is your car:

7. I prefer the 1960 year model for the Exner design Imperials which is by far my faborite.

F50Fanatic likes this.
  8. I love how they build their cars as solid as possible back then, and fit the highest quality materials for the interior.

Fast forward to the 1990, we get anemic front wheel drive faux luxury like this. Sad.