WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98' started by Dr Porsche, Aug 10, 2002.

1. this is one of the best cars that ever raced in Le Mans, and hey it beat NISSAN and MCLAren, that proves that its the second best car that raced in Le Mans. best car by far is the 962 oh yeah its a German car, 7 yrs. in a row winning the 24hrs, oh yeah..
    BEST LOOKING CAR OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Re: WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

The 962 has never won 7 times in a row le Mans !!

The 7 times were made by the 956 AND the 962.

The all time record of the track belongs to Peugeot.

3. Re: WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>The 962 has never won 7 times in a row le Mans !!

The all time record of the track belongs to Peugeot.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 956 and 962 are vitually identical, except for overall length but body and engine is same.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

I want to swim in Le Mans<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BLACKANGUS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>The 962 has never won 7 times in a row le Mans !!

The all time record of the track belongs to Peugeot.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 956 and 962 are vitually identical, except for overall length but body and engine is same.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Totally wrong.

The 962 is a deep evolution of the 956.

many changes on the chassis and the engine.

6. Re: WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

You just don't change the name of a car because you change the body work, both cars ar way different you couldn't win le mans 7 years in a row with the same car

7. Re: WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

yeah Porsche definately own LeMans

8. Re: WE WERE THE VICTORS IN THE 24HR LE MANS 1998>>>>>>

peugeot......???
    didn't ford (with the GT40) get most le mans victories?
    i was rather convinced about that... anyway, now bentley is king. perhaps it's time for porsche, ferrari and others to set things straight...