What is ugly about it?

Discussion in '2001 Nissan GT-R Concept' started by Analogic, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Seriously, what is the problem with this piece of art? My word this thing is beautiful!!

2. #2 MS06S, Oct 29, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: What is ugly about it?

I agree with you, and even if it really is ugly, its still just a CONCEPT design, meaning NOT a final version. These things always change!! For those of you who just like to look at cars and don't really know how the market works don't realize that engineers spend an average of six years to tweeking and refining a high quality cars to put out on the market, like the updated BMW 7-series.
    If you are still bitching an moaning about how ugly this car is, then you'll be glad to know that the current version of this concept looks MUCH more better and MUCH more agressive see for yourself
    http://www.quick-go.to/web/mycar/0207/article_29_01.html

3. Re: What is ugly about it?

All looks good besides the droopy lights, they should get rid off all that black below it.

4. Re: What is ugly about it?

Again its a CONCEPT design. You're not gonna buy the car off the lot looking like that. In fact, they have multiple variations of the car right now, can't find the pics for i forgot the website. As for the overly black diffusers under the car, I think its made of carbon fiber so I'm guessing that the machine is unpainted.

5. Re: What is ugly about it?

The design of the GTR Concept has grown on me. At first, I couldn't believe my eyes, but it isn't too bad now. A bit more tweaking and it would be e beautiful car.

6. Re: What is ugly about it?

the only thing i dont like about it is its headlights. other than that, it looks nice.

7. Re: What is ugly about it?

It does not look like a Skyline. The whole car just looks too futuristic. I may not mind the car's design so much, but as a Skyline GTR, it IS ugly as being one. I also don't like the front lights, the rear, the hood, or the front grille (not even a GTR symbol). The 34 was the best car design I have ever seen, and after 3 generations of beautiful cars, they have finally gone to s$@# and come out with a bad design.

8. Re: What is ugly about it?

The more I think about it, the GT-R never was a pretty car. Most people (myself included) who had seen the GT-R for the first time ever, would think if it as a rancid Porsche or some other streamlined car turned 'ugly'. But the GT-R had an attractive kind of ugly. It had a very aggressive look to it, especially if you look at it head on. The GT-R was built smoothly where it was needed to be smooth and the rest of it was left to be rough. This was a rather brilliant move because who's the hell gonna notice all the unnecessary minor details?! Unless I'm 60 years old, can't bend my head more than a radian, and with reflexes slower than a uh... uh... 60 year old man, I'm gonna take handling over comfort. Simple case of function before fashion, as with this next-gen GT-R. I see that this machine will proudly carry on the GT-R name.

9. #9 1380k, Nov 24, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: What is ugly about it?

yeah most skylines of the past didnt look all that interesting except the r34, which is not bad stock but when modified it looked pretty awesome, for ex. the r348. This new version doesnt have a great front feature but the back is cool. Looks like theyre using along the lines with the 350z platform. I hope they only take this as a concept and choose the version like the r34 instead make the lines sharper and front fascia more menacing.

two different concepts of r35:
    http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/photo.asp?car_id=4034&picID=13084

10. Re: What is ugly about it?

Shut your mouth you bastard. The GT-R is a beautiful car, except for this one. All of the generations were, especially the R34. Speak for your own bad taste.

11. Re: What is ugly about it?

I agree with you, but you dont need to "bastardize" him for speaking his own opinion.

12. Re: What is ugly about it?

Yeah. That doesn't look so great. I like the back, though. Beautiful!

13. Re: What is ugly about it?

i agree with that 100%, the back is gorgeous

the front needs minor changes, but all in all, its a pretty nice car

fix the headlights and when i get the cash (in about 30 thousand years) im on the list biarch

14. Re: What is ugly about it?

AFIGTR, keep your retarded comments to yourself. The designers of NIssan did not make cars such as the R32 R33 or R34 to look pretty and supercarish such as the NSX. They went for the big, powerful, agressive look. and one may even call it ugly. in fact, most people do think it's ugly. but a very agressive ugly, in which once you drive one, your opinion of the car changes totally.
    the new GT-R concept directly follows nissan's vision, to make a out of the ordinary agressive supercar, such as the older models.

15. Re: What is ugly about it?

There's nothing wrong with this car, it looks perfectly correct, The design is probably something that grows on you

16. Re: What is ugly about it?

this always happens...u see i dont like all these new "concepts" i.e.
    The RX-7..a beutiful car(most poeple will agree)....then they make the RX-8...ugly!.....now this...i dont know about u guys but the Skyline Gt-R r34 was, is , and always will be my favorite car.....now the go and make this..its a discrace to the R34

17. Re: What is ugly about it?

AFIGTR, keep your retarded comments to yourself. The designers of NIssan did not make cars such as the R32 R33 or R34 to look pretty and supercarish such as the NSX. They went for the big, powerful, agressive look. and one may even call it ugly. in fact, most people do think it's ugly. but a very agressive ugly, in which once you drive one, your opinion of the car changes totally.
    the new GT-R concept directly follows nissan's vision, to make a out of the ordinary agressive supercar, such as the older models.

^
    ^
    i agree!

18. Re: What is ugly about it?

I would never call a RX-8 ugly that is a butiful looking car and if you dont mind they have released drawings of a RX-7 in the future and it got a very similar design to the RX-8, and this cars still to be designed propley it comes out in 2007 or something they probably ran out of ideas and sent it to the MOTOR SHOW, this car is only a concept so dont worry if they waked on a face for a day...

19. Re: What is ugly about it?

this car was probably R34 GT-R then driver crashed it into Fugly wall.

20. Re: What is ugly about it?

look at it it is ugly i cant belive you like it

21. Re: What is ugly about it?

The headlight aren't that bad. i can live with them. but the car is an ugly piece of work. the front of it has been chopped off for some reason. i like long bonnets which this has not got. and wheres the spoiler?

22. Re: What is ugly about it?

it doesnt have a long bonnet(i ahte that word but oh well) beacuase they wanted to conserve space by putting in a V engine (they take up less space) you know the inline six is basically what made the bonnet(uughh)so long
    V = V6/V8
    -- = L6
    makes sense right??