Who stole first ???

Discussion in '1991 Bugatti EB110 GT' started by carfreak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Did Lambo steal the idea from Bugatti or did Bugatti stole the idea from Lambo ???

If you ask me Lambo is so busted !<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Who stole first ???

what idea?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Who stole first ???

If you're talking about the shape, their not that similar, anything else (like the configuartion, engine, etc.) is commonplace when looking at supercars.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Who stole first ???

Bugatti stole the (door) idea from lamborghini=countach<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Who stole first ???

No one stole anything. They arent the same. If anyone stole it, it would be Lambo cause Bugatti has been around longer than Lambo.

6. Re: Who stole first ???

and....Lamborghini used to make tractors.

7. Re: Who stole first ???

There are no similaritys between the EB110 and the Diablo,even the doors(even though they swing up)open differently.

8. Re: Who stole first ???

9. Re: Who stole first ???

They didn't steel it you d*ck!

10. Re: Who stole first ???

When the underlying mechanics of the car necessitate doors that can't extend all the way down through the rocker panels, the engineering choices are either a) Lamborghini-style 'guillotine' doors, b) McLaren F1-style A-pillar hinge, c) Mercedes-style gullwing doors, or d) Ford GT40-style roof cuts. Any way you slice it, you have to 'steal'.

12. they still make tractors, and golf carts!

13. It doesn't really matter how long the company has been around, old companies can still copy designs. And Bugatti hasn't been around as long as Lamborghini in operations or any tangible form (its existence has been fragmented for the last 80 years). Besides, it's not like Lamborghini needs to compete with a price tag that the EB110 demands - there isn't competition when your car costs hundreds of thousands less. But like you said, nobody stole anything.

14. I thought this thread would have been a newb question about Dauer and Bugatti but now I'm a bit confused.

15. I thought this thread would have been a newb question about Dauer and Bugatti but now I'm a bit confused.

16. I thought this thread would have been a newb question about Dauer and Bugatti but now I'm a bit confused.

17. I thought this thread would have been a newb question about Dauer and Bugatti but now I'm a bit confused.

18. I think these cars are so different