yellow Bugatti EB 110 Supersport

Discussion in 'Car Classifieds' started by ajzahn, Dec 26, 2006.

1. #1 ajzahn, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. same dealer has a least 5 Pagani Zondas and a Porsche Carrera GT in stock

3. i prefer the stock eb110 in bugattiblue.

4. maybe that�s the one that had been in the hands of Michael Schumacher?

6. At the Geneva Salon in March 1992, Bugatti presented an alternative version of their EB110 that was lighter, more powerful and much more competition-oriented than the relatively luxurious GT. Designated the EB110 SS (for Super Sport), Bugatti managed to trim over 150kg from the GT by deleting many unnecessary luxuries, removing the full time four-wheel drive system and instead opting for a lighter, simpler rear drive set up. However, at 1410kg, the Super Sport was still a relatively heavy machine for a stripped out lightweight with a carbon tub.

Realising this, Bugatti also focused on increasing power. Retaining the same 3499cc displacement as the GT, they increased the turbo boost to produce 612bhp at 8250rpm. Compression was dropped to 7.5:1 (from 8.0:1) and thus, despite not having four wheel drive, the SS could sprint to sixty in a stunning 3.2 seconds and run to a top speed of 217mph. Aesthetically, the SS was distinguishable thanks to a number of detail differences, most notably its fixed rear wing (completed in two slightly different styles) and distinctive sail panel treatment with seven supplementary engine cooling louvres. Furthermore, all Super Sport's were finished with more attractive seven spoke alloy wheels and a body colour-coded pillar located behind each side window (this was normally gloss black for GT's). The cabin was partially stripped and featured a dash with aluminium facia and leather trimmed bucket seats with harnesses. Going into production in late 1992, on the rare occasions that members of the press ever got to drive an SS, they enthused about its awesome performance and hailed it one of the finest supercars ever built. Production ended along with the GT during the summer of 1995, only 31 examples having been completed, one of which was for Michael Schumacher and featured an all-carbon body. Five partially completed cars were later built up by Jochen Dauer.

7. I thought of that too

8. #8 ajzahn, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Taming the Schu: An interview with Michael Schumacher

Which road cars do you drive now?

MS: Surprisingly, Ferraris.

What happened to your Bugatti EB110 that spun out when you were giving rides in it years ago?

MS: Faded on brakes, yeah. It caused some uh, what do you call that, “laundry” issue with my [passenger]. (laughs) I sold it a long time ago.

What cars specifically do you drive?

MS: I’m very much in love with the new 430, it’s a beautiful car. The new 599 is just coming out, I did some serious testing with that one, I haven’t got it yet, I’m a bit behind some customers there. For the family we use mostly the [Fiat] Multipla, because it has three [front] seats and I don’t have to argue with my kids who gets to sit in front when I get them to school.

Do you have any old cars?

MS: Yeah, I do. Actually, our president gave me a little Fiat 500, because it was my very first car, a red one. So one day he heard about the story and he turned up with that.

>>> www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060706/BLOG05/60706009

9. yeah, but he drove a 1994 BUGATTI EB110 SS SUPERSPORT "LE MANS":

The creation of the EB110 SS is the expression of an "absolute". The "Supersport" version represents the competitive boundary of the
    "absolute". The EB110 was named after Ettore Bugatti and was to be launched on the 110th anniversary of his birth. The EB110 SS is a
    lightweight, faster version of the EB110.

This car is a Bugatti EB110 SS "Le Mans", one of three special built Bugatti's. Two were built for a significant collector in Japan (this is
    one of these) and the other was built for Michael Schumacher. This car is the only one produced in Silver Metallic. The "Le Mans" Bugatti
    was built with all carbon bodywork in addition to the carbon tub, and feature a higher tuned engine with 700 hp and a cockpit controlled
    adjustable boost system.

The EB110 "Supersport Le Mans" edition qualified as the fastest production car in the world with a 0-60 time of only 2.9 seconds and an
    officially homologated maximum speed of 232 mph. The engine performance upgrades included: Polished aluminum turbo intake system,
    four upgraded turbos, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulators, engine management calibration, increased turbo boost, etc

The standard Bugatti EB110 SS was designed for enthusiasts who desire maximum performance from a car while retaining comfort and
    security. The total production of the "Supersport" model is unknown, but thought to be less than 20.

Some features offered on the EB110 were excluded or replaced on the EB110 SS. Certain elements of the bodywork are produced in
    lightweight carbon fibre, while some of the mechanical components within the engine and transmission are manufactured from magnesium
    and titanium further lightening the overall weight of the vehicle.

Bugatti's partner companies supplied the Supersport with many proprietary components. Aerospatiale France helped to develop the carbon
    fi bre chassis, which structurally is exceptionally rigid and sturdy. Elf has developed an ecological lubricant with special biodegradable
    characteristics, which ensures the long life of mechanical components, but with minimum environmental impact. Michelin has developed an
    advanced tire design for the 4-wheel drive system, which ensures exceptional road holding and safe handling even at the highest speeds.
    The interior of the car is trimmed in the fi nest quality leather and the carbon/Kevlar racing type seats are equipped with a 4-point harness.
    Nakamichi assisted in the development of the entertainment system.

Technical Specifications – Bugatti EB110 SS "Le Mans"

* Engine: 12 Cylinder - 3.5 liter longitudinally mounted mid-engine, with 5 valves per cylinder, Bugatti multipoint fuel injection, supercharged by 4 IHI turbos, Maximum power: 700 hp
    * Transmission: 6-Speed + reverse thru 4-wheel drive
    * Chassis/Body: Composite in carbon fibre manufactured by Areospatiale/Bugatti, Body in carbon/Kevlar fi bre mechanically fixed andbonded to the carbon fi bre chassis, Integral roll cage, 2 Doors (upward opening) 2 seating
    * Fuel System: 120 Liters (26 gallons), Minimum 95 RON Unleaded fuel requirement, 2 Independent fuel cell tanks (FIA standards)
    * Suspension: Front and rear independent suspension, Front with double wishbone, spring and damper, pull rod system, Rear with double wishbone, single spring and damper
    * Steering: Rack & pinion, power assisted (2.8 turns lock to lock)
    * Brakes: Hydraulic power assisted brakes. Bosch/Bugatti ABS system. Front and rear ventilated 4 piston caliper, fl oating disc brakes.
    * Wheels: BBS cast magnesium wheel rims – Front 18" x 9", Rear 18" x 12"
    * Tires: Front tires: Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 245/40 R18, Rear tires: Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 325/30 R18

10. Same here, but in white.

11. I think Schumacher's had black wheels.

13. thanks, first time I see pictures of a white Buggati, really nice, mybe because it's one of my favourite cars

14. I prefer the eb110 as a different car.

15. ... and a 1981 white/white Porsche 911 "G" Turbo:

16. Now that looks hot

17. That's awesome in yellow

18. In black please.

20. looks great in black

21. thatsa dauer though..... the black one.

i think its hillarious that schumacher rocks up to school in a fiat...

22. Looks odd in that color.